Farming the same herb 3x plus?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dowanohee.9528

Dowanohee.9528

Farmables (herbs, ore, wood) which normally can be farmed once, i.e. non-“Rich” farmables, are sometimes able to be farmed more than once. Both me and my gf have experienced the issue on our separate accounts/separate machines. She once farmed 3 times from the same herb (and got 3 different herbs actually). I had it happen where i farmed twice off the same herb spawn, and another time off an iron spawn. This was yesterday evening. Also posted about an incident we had trying to do AC dungeon in a separate post, as well as added to the post about the bandit skill-spamming issues. Thanks!

Posted by: Cyrus.8261

Cyrus.8261

This is probably the gather bonus from WvWvW kicking in. Hit B to see the current bonuses. That % after Gathering is the chance that you get an extra gather from it.

Yesterday’s patch fixed a bug with the bonuses never working for lots of people. If you just noticed this now, you were bugged too. Enjoy the extra HP, damage, healing, gathering and more!

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Seconding that it’s the bugfix at work. Not once have I been able to gather a non-rich node multiple times – until yesterday. Patch hit, and I was able to farm herbs twice occasionally! Should help even out some of the absurd herb prices a little.

Also, the god-bandits have multiple threads.

Posted by: Michael.4791

Michael.4791

I had multiple farming before. For trees and ores it will be only a bit more than one serving. Normally you’ll get 3 woods from one attempt. With the bonus you get 3 woods for the first attempt and mostly 1 additional wood for the second attempt.

But it is only a chance it will not happen anytime.