Female Asura hair mesh bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Alkalissa.1706

Alkalissa.1706

One of the new hairstyles for female asura (long pony with fringe bunches) has a weird trianglular shape on the front camera-right section of fringe, looks like a polygon gone stray somewhere.
I really hope it’s not intentional because the style is otherwise supercute!

EDIT: after what Meitner said below I played around a bit more and noticed the following that might help fix: the area looks normal with weapons stowed, when I draw my weapons (pistol and shield) the polygon stretches out of place about half of what is shown in the image below; when I equip my flamethrower (engi kit) it stretches out to the full extent shown below (the screencap was taken with my flamethrower equipped).
As far as I can tell, no other parts of the hair change shape along with this.

If I can provide any more details to help let me know, I want my hair to be beautiful!

Attachments:

(edited by Alkalissa.1706)

Posted by: Marge.4035

Marge.4035

I don’t have this particular issue, but I would like to add something. Important.

It’s static! All other female hairstyles are animated, while this one is stiff as…. .obj :d

No, No, No! Mummified flesh on the left! Dried bones on the right!

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

it is defensively static, something feels wrong with that, not moving like all other hairs do in the hair style preview window,really hope this is not intended, since it look stupid without animaiton

Posted by: Meitner.6927

Meitner.6927

This only happens for me when my character is in combat.

The Doppler Effect [TDE] – Ehmry Bay

Posted by: Death Slayer.1468

Death Slayer.1468

Can a dev please confirm if this is intended or not, in my opinion it look really odd without an animation

Posted by: Mif.3471

Mif.3471

Problem is with the new Asura ponytail hair.

When I wield my weapon and enter my combat stance, a rogue polygon grows out from my fringe.

Attachments:

Tarnished Coast | Best cookies in all of Tyria

Posted by: Jitsurei.4507

Jitsurei.4507

I’ve also noticed this hair style has no dynamic movement (the other two new styles do). Not sure if that’s WAI but it seems like the main ponytail at least should sway like all other hairstyles do.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The hair mesh node glitch was reported HERE also.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I’ve also noticed this hair style has no dynamic movement (the other two new styles do). Not sure if that’s WAI but it seems like the main ponytail at least should sway like all other hairstyles do.

This was quite noticeable, although that ponytail is already a bit gravity defying anyways. Still, it makes it quite inconsistent with every other asuran female hairstyle. Even the little braids by her ears won’t wave around, but the afro hairstyle jiggles as it pleases.

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Thanks for the detailed report. I’ll send the ‘triangle’ glitch and the no physics issues in to be looked at.