Female Human Greatsword sounds

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Calixti.2037

Calixti.2037

I’m not sure if this is a bug or not but it’s been around for awhile, ever since beta. A few of the sounds a female human makes with a greatsword are just horrible and very annoying….Hopefully this will be fixed. The “bad” sounds are just unbearable -_- Here is a video with someone giving examples:

I really don’t want to re-roll another race just because of this…I love my human guardian

(edited by Calixti.2037)

Posted by: Zaiko.4051

Zaiko.4051

Eww. Everything listed as meh and good was fine, but the ones that said bad sounded like she’s doing a weird bark.

Posted by: Xblaze.3784

Xblaze.3784

lol i almost started a thread on this, good thing i found this

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Get used to it, they do this on purpose, for reasons which I’m sure you can understand if you think about it, but not appropriate for this forum so of-course I won’t go into it.

I refuse to play female humans too.

Calixti.2037

Get used to it, they do this on purpose, for reasons which I’m sure you can understand if you think about it, but not appropriate for this forum so of-course I won’t go into it.

I really don’t think those noises are for that type of reason. Plus if a good amount of people don’t like it, why would they keep it? It is very annoying to hear like how someone scratching on a chalkboard is a horrible sound.

(edited by Calixti.2037)

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

These sound are not related to greatswords only but random.
My human female do the squealing sound while dodging and I like it.
If you prefer manly strong voices for your female character then you definitely should play a norn.

Calixti.2037

These sound are not related to greatswords only but random.
My human female do the squealing sound while dodging and I like it.
If you prefer manly strong voices for your female character then you definitely should play a norn.

If you are looking at the first two “bad” sounds from the video, those only come from the greatsword sounds. Those are the only sounds I’m implying. I have never heard them come from dodging, which I just tested on my human female guardian. I don’t mind the “meh” or “good” sounds, the first two “bad” sounds are what sound funny and ONLY have I heard them with greatsword. It even says in the video description on youtube it comes from greatsword. I’m sorry but a weird high pitched zipper sound does not sound like squealing at all.

(edited by Calixti.2037)

Posted by: GodsGunman.4196

GodsGunman.4196

Lmao I can almost guarantee that’s not the reason the sounds are weird xD

I only play male characters because… well I’m not a girl, but yeah those sounds would get a little annoying after awhile lol.

A FPS player in an RPG world.

Posted by: Revans.2018

Revans.2018

This, this, and this. +1000

It’s been this way since the beta and It’s unbearable. I know the voice actress is phenomenal and Anet is more than capable of doing well when it comes to sounds. I wouldn’t be surprised if the wrong sound files were used.

I don’t really care about the why, this NEEDS to be changed. It’s so terribly bad. I was strongly considering making a youtube video myself just to address this exact issue. We don’t need new fancy sounds. The bad ones can be removed altogether or replaced by other grunt like noises that the other weapons use. It’s OK to have some minor overlap in “grunt sounds” especially when we’re dealing with the stuff like female human greatsword sounds. I know there’s a lot to fix in the game right now but… I can’t even use the weapon right now because the sounds are that bad.

Calixti.2037

No word from any of the moderators?

Posted by: Autumn.5093

Autumn.5093

D: My Female Human Engineer sometimes speaks with the male human’s voice when declaring an achievement, or makes the Female Norn noises when she’s jumping and dodging. It’s… really confusing and frustrating.

Nova Arterius, Nex Level [NeX] Guild Leader
Tarnished Coast