Female Sylvari Cultural Armour Dye Issue

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: StickMan.7549

StickMan.7549

( disclaimer: I’m not sure if this has been reported or not, as the search function doesn’t work in the forums)

The Female Sylvari Medium Tier 3 Cultural Armour has an issue were there are veins along the middle of the leaves on the back that cannot truly be dyed.

I have attached a screenshot showing this problem. Is this known?

Attachments:

/I deal with most derangements, sir./

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It is known, and intended, I believe. The colors there are taken from the Glow one chooses when creating a Sylvari character.

Sylvari cultural armor has some bioluminescence, just like sylvari themselves.

Not all of the pieces glow, and not all of them take on the chosen glow color of the sylvari wearing it; some of them just glow white.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sylvari_cultural_armor#Bioluminescence

Good luck.

Posted by: StickMan.7549

StickMan.7549

The glow i have is a peach glow, so i’m not sure why it has a red colour along the vein.
oh well, nothing i can do i guess

/I deal with most derangements, sir./

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Some dyes have multiple colors when applied to Sylvari armor. For example on my Tier 3 Light Sylvari armor its almost always green and red. Despite only applying green only dyes. Personally I like it that way, but I can understand it being an issue when trying to match up armors.

I’m not sure how this armor in particular dyes but I wouldn’t be surprised if it has the mixed hues with it as well.

But I can’t say the pink/red here makes sense given the dyes you have chosen. I’d try other colors in greens and browns and see if it changes the veins. It may also be tied to the missing boots piece. But I doubt it.

(edited by Katreyn.4218)