Female norn run SPEED inconsistency (VIDEO)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: NeHoMaR.9812

NeHoMaR.9812

Already saw a lot of posts of people complaining about female norn greatsword animation, this is about the SPEED of the animation.

When using a greatsword, the speed of animation is slower than it should be, feels like being in combat, the inconsistency of running speed could be confusing, or at least annoying. The solution is speed up the animation, the real movement speed is already normal, the problem is the animation only.

VIDEO:
https://youtu.be/Sbxx1cOVU6M

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

That stinks indeed. I’ve noticed it several times. Playing female characters in this game always seems to have severe downsides, on so many different levels.

P.S. Also, could Norn in general please not hold greatswords like they were cheer-on flags carried during the introductory march at the Olympics? What is wrong with the Asura version of carrying greatswords while not in combat, over the shoulder? Makes a lot more sense and doesn’t look ridiculous like aforementioned animation.

Posted by: Farming Flats.5370

Farming Flats.5370

actually , i believe it’s a illusion. The animation is faster with the weapon stowed and slower with the weapon out but in fact you cover the same distance in both situation while you run.

In this game , the bigger your character, the slower the animations but the result is the same. Remember the buff in the Box-O-Fun that make your toon big as a Giant ? your running animation is super slow-motion but you travel the exact same distance as a Tiny Asura.

Like you said it’s an animation problem .. an inconstancy .. but you know .. Constancy and A.net do not go together, never

(edited by Farming Flats.5370)

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

actually , i believe it’s a illusion. The animation is faster with the weapon stowed and slower with the weapon out but in fact you cover the same distance in both situation while you run.

It is not about the distance covered but the animation speed. I think the OP made that very clear. And they are right about that.