Fields of Ruin NPCs fighting each other

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

After getting tangled in a fight with a Queen’s Champion, the NPCs started fighting each other.

Attachments:

Posted by: Antisceptic.9174

Antisceptic.9174

More screenshots for detail.

Attachments:

Posted by: AeroJavi.1687

AeroJavi.1687

I’ve seen a couple of wargs attacking a third one, while this last one did nothing, somewhere a couple of days ago.
I wonder, how does this even happen? There’s no sort of class system that determines what attacks what? How do 2 npcs of the same class attack each other?

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

In theory, there would be a faction system in place to determine what will attack what (say, the Black Citadel faction will attack the Ascalonian Ghost faction, and so forth), but I’m not sure if anything like that is being used.

AeroJavi.1687

In theory, there would be a faction system in place to determine what will attack what (say, the Black Citadel faction will attack the Ascalonian Ghost faction, and so forth), but I’m not sure if anything like that is being used.

So, if not being used, they determine for each npc spawned a list of relations with any other npc, every time? That’s just crazy. There MUST be a faction/class system of some kind. But how come some particular npcs ignore it?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I’ve seen a couple of wargs attacking a third one, while this last one did nothing, somewhere a couple of days ago.
I wonder, how does this even happen? There’s no sort of class system that determines what attacks what? How do 2 npcs of the same class attack each other?

The wargs are in Brisban Wildlands. There are also two bears “sparring” with each other in Queensdale.

For what you are seeing I am guessing it involves projectiles and reflection skills.

Posted by: Anymras.5729

Anymras.5729

It’s entirely possible that the Ebon Vanguard and the Ash Legion Scout are simply acting out a portion of an event which isn’t being noticed due to the Champion’s presence – if I recall correctly, the Ebon Vanguards and Ash Legionnaires are part of at least one event that requires talking them into not fighting.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The wargs are in Brisban Wildlands. There are also two bears “sparring” with each other in Queensdale.

For what you are seeing I am guessing it involves projectiles and reflection skills.

The two bears in Queensdale is intended.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dominant_Bear

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

AeroJavi.1687

The two bears in Queensdale is intended.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dominant_Bear

But I bet the wargs are not. There are from the same kind of npc, and two are attacking one that doesn’t fight back, and regenerates health as if it was ooc.