Fiery rush, exploit? bug? or Feature?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Debbysaurus.4016

Debbysaurus.4016

Define [HC] made some examples and clip’s together.
Watch this video first:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfCNZeW8BOM

Watch the video, give your thoughts.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

(edited by Debbysaurus.4016)

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

The skill leaves lots of bits of a trail, each bit of the trail does damage. Seems to be working perfectly fine to me. Is it perhaps stronger than lots of other options? Yeah, but the skill itself is working well within the functions they allowed it.

In the case of the Fiery Rush + Teleport, that’s most definitely like a bug, the player should continue running after they teleport.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Debbysaurus.4016

The skill leaves lots of bits of a trail, each bit of the trail does damage. Seems to be working perfectly fine to me. Is it perhaps stronger than lots of other options? Yeah, but the skill itself is working well within the functions they allowed it..

You are missing the part of the difference in having a target or not.
This skill is not intended to hit 70 times 2500 dmg to every target on it.
Watch 02:15 again.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

(edited by Debbysaurus.4016)

Posted by: Venthus.6137

Venthus.6137

I lump it in the category of ‘exploit’… in the sense that the coding perfectly fine, but it’s being used in an unexpected fashion for an unintented result. Value-neutral terminology.

Posted by: Kerishan.8460

Kerishan.8460

The skill leaves lots of bits of a trail, each bit of the trail does damage. Seems to be working perfectly fine to me. Is it perhaps stronger than lots of other options? Yeah, but the skill itself is working well within the functions they allowed it..

You are missing the part of the difference in having a target or not.
This skill is not intended to hit 70 times 2500 dmg to every target on it.
Watch 02:15 again.

You are totally wrong.

If u don’t have a wall behind the mob and u don’t target him u pass through the mob, so no exploit and no cheat for this.

Debbysaurus.4016

You are totally wrong.

If u don’t have a wall behind the mob and u don’t target him u pass through the mob, so no exploit and no cheat for this.

Man, listen to what is being said in the video.

Intricacy [iV]
Seafarer’s Rest
My Youtube channel

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

You can’t ask for people’s opinions and then imply their opinion is invalid by telling them to watch a video they have already watched.

That’s not how conversations work.

Here’s a video about cooperating, you should give it a watch and then maybe we can have a meaningful conversation about why arenanet can’t possibly intend for every single legitimate use of a skill when they create it.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Posted by: mercury ranique.2170

mercury ranique.2170

To answer your question. You are asking wether this is an exploit, bug or feature. The vid is actually showing how you get an advantage out of this. So if this is a bug, it is also an exploit if used (cause the bug is used to gain an advantage).

The question is wether it is a bug or a feature. Or more specifically, if smart use of a game mechanic is unintended.

The game is designed as an MMO. That means that the developer knows a lot of people work together to beat it and find solutions bout how to solve it.

In GW1 a very popular Paragon build was imbagon. Basicly the mechanic behind this build was that a Paragon/warrior (gw1 used a primary and a secondary profession you could combine in any combo).

It used a warrior skill and a paragon skill to reduce damage dealt to your party with 88.5%. With some other paragon skills it was possible to have this protection always up.

This specific case is interesting cause it gives a huge advantage. But it is very clear it is very unlikely that it was intended. The warrior skill was a skill released with the campaign factions. The paragon skills (and the whole profession) where released with the campaign Nightfall. So I’m pretty sure the devs didn’t plan this to happen.

So just calling all smart uses of oversights or undesigned effects an exploit is wrong.
So how bad is this?? Charge has a recharge of 15 seconds and a cast time of 3,25 seconds. So this means that you only have two charges while transformed (that last 30 seconds). After that it goes into a 240 second recharge.

So you can only do this twice every 4 minutes. It has limited effect for PvP (you can easily dodge a charge) and it isn’t ruining the game.

tl;dr – This is not an exploit. If it is unbalanced it will be balanced in a near update.

Arise, ye farmers of all nations
Arise, opressed of Tyria!