Fine Transmution Stone Bug!!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

Beware! I dont know if this is intended or not, just found out. If you are trying to skin a look from an item you have equipped on your character to an incoming item it will not work. Taking off the item you have on your character and trying to skin it will result in the complete loss of the item being skinned and the transmutation stone as well. Just had a buddy lose an orange chest piece he paid 300 tokens for!

I think what the patch was supposed to do was to have you skin any and all items before you equip either item… dont know if this is correct, any Dev feedback here would be nice,.

Because currently if its on you it wont skin at all and if you take it off you lose it INSTANTLY.

Respond please and fix ASAP, people are going to be losing orange gear left and right i see it coming.

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

Posted by: Erulogos.2591

Erulogos.2591

This is happening for all transmute stones. I tried and was unable to transmute anything. Not sure about loss of gear, glad I didn’t try taking things off though. I hope this is fix soon, half the game seems aimed around getting just the right skins for your 80 exotics.

Posted by: Shayne.2504

Shayne.2504

Server: Sarrow’s Furnance

Same bug, no transmute will work.

Posted by: Massacrul.2016

Massacrul.2016

It’s not bug

Read patchnotes: You can’t transmute equipped items:

“Armor that is currently equipped can no longer be transmuted.”

End of topic.

P.S. Learn how to use Preview option. This will let you see how item will look on you without equipping it.

(edited by Massacrul.2016)

Posted by: Arthanis.4678

Arthanis.4678

Well, I sure as hell would like to know, why it was changed???
What issue was there with transmuting bound stuff?

Ferris Bewler.9706

I am well aware of the change, I read the patch notes. I was trying to tell the community that even if you un equip the item from your character it still will not skin plus you will lose your item and transmutation stone!

Ferris Bewler.9706

Just tested this on a few lvl 80 daggers with different looks the only way they transmute is if NEITHER item has EVER been equipped, so I guess taking your gear with your good stats your wearing and making it look different is out the window for now. Basically you would have to buy a 2nd set of stat gear ……again…… not equip it and have a skin that you have never equipped to transmute it.

Still waiting for a DEVs response because I really don’t think they meant to do it this way. But I would like clarification

Posted by: shokenaw.1987

shokenaw.1987

Both items need to be in your bag for Transmute Stones to work now as per the patch notes.

However, losing an item is not working as intended. I was able to confirm with the Basic Transmute Stones that having both in your bag while attempting to transmute does work for me.

Good luck.

Hidden in the shadows, veiled by rumor and cloaked in the deepest of night. Our time is now.

Posted by: mllepandora.3176

mllepandora.3176

I just transmuted a level 80 blue helm I had been wearing to a level 74 blue helm using a high level stone.
Worked fine for me, so clearly the problem isn’t uniform across the entire game, or is only applying to Exotics or Rares? ><

(edited by mllepandora.3176)

Ferris Bewler.9706

Well that is good to know thanks mllepandora.

Posted by: Icecreaman.5072

Icecreaman.5072

They have been working fine for me.

Shorty after the patch was implemented I transmutated 3 exotic armor pieces, that I had been wearing, without any problems.