Fire Orchid Seeds crash map in Cursed Shore

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kururu.8140

Kururu.8140

There’s a collection requirement for The Wayfarer’s Henge that makes you go to Cursed Shore to plant 3 Fire Orchid Seeds in fertile soil.
These Fire Orchid Seeds crash the map whenever you try to interact with the fertile soil in Cursed Shore. I’ve tested this multiple times now and every time I interact with it the map crashes. It’s affecting everyone in the map because there’s constant complains of disconnection and rollback.

Attachments:

(edited by Kururu.8140)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Due to an issue with the conversion of fire orchid seeds, we have temporarily disabled the ability to acquire The Wayfarer’s Henge Backpack. We will re-enable the ability to acquire the backpack after the bug has been addressed. Thanks for your patience.

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Only “Melandru’s Orchard” (Cursed Shore) and “Seaside Propagation” (Draconis Mons) are disabled for the moment because they caused a game crash when interacting with the soil. The rest can still be planted normally (I just planted the rest).

Guess we’ll just have to focus on collecting these Druid Stone fragments for another 6-7 days and hope ANet will have fixed the problem with those two fertile soil patches after that.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Kururu.8140

Only “Melandru’s Orchard” (Cursed Shore) and “Seaside Propagation” (Draconis Mons) are disabled for the moment because they caused a game crash when interacting with the soil.

I’m actually only missing Melandru’s Orchard. I planted all the rest including Seaside Propagation with no issues. huh.

Posted by: Agsded.8760

Agsded.8760

I believe that Seaside Propagation only crashed the map if you had only a single Fire Orchid Seed in your inventory. You must’ve had more than one, and you must’ve done it in the brief window of time between completing the third collection at reset and the soil being disabled.

In any event, now we play the waiting game.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

“I think planting a seed is what causing me and 149 map associates to crash and rollback.
Better shoot myself in the foot again just to make sure it’s what’s hurting me”

Kururu.8140

“I think planting a seed is what causing me and 149 map associates to crash and rollback.
Better shoot myself in the foot again just to make sure it’s what’s hurting me”

Rude and unnecessary.

One map crash after trying to plant a seed doesn’t instantly say to me it was the seed that must have caused it. It might have been pure coincidence that I crashed at that exact moment. I tried 2 times and after I found out it indeed caused the crash (and saw that it was affecting others) I spent my time informing people not to interact with it.

Posted by: PeskieDoodle.7824

PeskieDoodle.7824

are we expecting the fix for the seeds today as last day of the collection is tomorrow and it would be nice to not have to constantly daily check a forum/map chat/asking people or even going to each seed patch to check over the next coming weeks n days :C just wanna finish the back pack for the skin and move on to building more legendary’s and farming mats for armor set two n three

ps every collection form ls3 has had a delayed part to it since ember bay it was one behind a wall (wall had to be removed ) then a quaggan that wouldn’t eat berries now seeds

all that said great job on new map and content keep it up loving being a asuran spider man

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

Update: This has NOT been fixed in the patch. In fact, it seems very few of the numerous Draconis Mons bugs have been fixed.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Update: This has NOT been fixed in the patch. In fact, it seems very few of the numerous Draconis Mons bugs have been fixed.

I’ve only encountered three:

• One fertile soil (the other disabled one is in Cursed shore)
  • The pre-event to the worm showing up stalls frequently (the wurm eventually appears; it’s just painful and annoying to wait).
  • Oakheart’s Reach can launch you through a ‘hole’ in the environment and you have to WP to get out. (Most maps have holes like this; we just don’t usually notice because they are hard to find accidentally; O’s Reach makes it a lot easier to run into them.)

What else do you consider bugged in Draconis Mons?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Adzekul.3104

Adzekul.3104

The breakbar on the Legendary Wyverns. I can accept the argument it might be a perception rather than a true bug, however. I have never seen any group prevent his island-smashing attack.

Some of the (intended?) multiple tubes in the map are not very well chained together and can break (extremely nit-picky on my part, perhaps, and hardly a game-breaker).

<More grasping at straws>

Posted by: PeskieDoodle.7824

PeskieDoodle.7824

seeds fixed \o/

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The breakbar on the Legendary Wyverns. I can accept the argument it might be a perception rather than a true bug, however. I have never seen any group prevent his island-smashing attack.

I’ve seen it happen several times — it’s a very hard mechanic for the typical /map and it takes a while before the understanding trickles through. Some people still have trouble with the similar mechanics for Wyvern Matriarch (VB) & Vinetooth Prime (AB).

Do I think it should be adjusted? Definitely. The fights are a lot longer, harder than other DM bosses, and yet the loot is the same; seems to me that ANet should adjust one or the other. However, I don’t think we can count it as a ‘bug’.

Some of the (intended?) multiple tubes in the map are not very well chained together and can break (extremely nit-picky on my part, perhaps, and hardly a game-breaker).

It’s inconsistent. Be nice if they always chained together (requiring us to manually interrupt the process) or never chained, without a brief walk. But that’s the same on every other map with lava tubes and every one with bouncy mushrooms, too — some chain easily; some don’t. So again: worth adjusting? Sure, but not a bug.

Of course stuff can be improved. My point is that someone made it seem as if lots of things on the map were broken badly, commensurate with the disabled Fertile Soils or even the champ wurm.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

seeds fixed \o/

Really?? Have to check that out ASAP.