Fix Minions

Fix Minions

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Just because I’m 100% certain ANet cant read anything that is a bug for necromancer, I put it in caps. Minions are randomly not attacking and attack too slow. You fixed precious mesmers within a day, fix Minions now, please? >_>:

And while you’re fixing their ability to not randomly drop combat and stand around like idiots, fix moa from killing them all. Would appreciate it. Bug has only been around since release now.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Fix Minions

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Question 1: Is the bug in the necromancers professions?
Question2: Does it affect the gameplay in such a way that the profession becomes unplayable? like the mesmers clones bug.
Question3: Does this bug really matter?
Queastion4: Is the severity of this bug as severe as the DS bug full damage to HP when DS overflow is active? or Like DS utility locking out?

If the answer is YES on all questions, then it won’t be fixed because .. necromancer.

Honestly, how many people do you need to scream “fire” when you see your house is on fire?

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

Fix Minions

ronpierce.2760

Yeaah, yes to all of the above… Clones die and are semi useless against thieves and they Hotfix it. Minions stop attacking versus ANYONE randomly and moa completely screws them, not even an answer…. >:(
Good point. Fix the utility lag too… Why the hell are they wanting to nerf necromancers when we’re already being kittened enough as it is. :/

Fix Minions

Posted by: trassr justin.9743

trassr justin.9743

Yes to all of your questions its ridiculous when I’m in the middle of a big fight and my minions just sort of stand there and look pretty. Really necromancers do not need to be nerfed at all compared to warriors. The “nerf” they did to warriors hammer did next to nothing and their healing signet still needs to be fixed it’s ridiculous. Compared to warriors necros already are kittens.

Edit: someone changed your title because they wanna ignore it easier

Fix Minions

ronpierce.2760

Yes to all of your questions its ridiculous when I’m in the middle of a big fight and my minions just sort of stand there and look pretty. Really necromancers do not need to be nerfed at all compared to warriors. The “nerf” they did to warriors hammer did next to nothing and their healing signet still needs to be fixed it’s ridiculous. Compared to warriors necros already are kittens.

Edit: someone changed your title because they wanna ignore it easier

Yeah. I noticed. I decided I’m going to quit the moment the title got changed and no one said anything. The balance team is a joke. Warriors #1 class across the kittening GAME, -8% on healing signet.

MM terrible in most parts of the game, one of the top say 75% 1v1 builds, gets: 5% off of Training of the Master, 10% off of Vampiric Master, unblockable nerfed… No fix on Moa deaths, and now they break us more. Good freaking game. Not worth my time or money anymore because they are biased as HELL when it comes to classes. No one could possibly convince me otherwise. Necros get kitten on time and time again, and they can because they’re not popular enough of a class amongst neither the devs or the player base.

Fix Minions

trassr justin.9743

Here is some proof that it needs to be fixed in case you don’t believe us and/or just hate necros and are ignoring their bugs. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t even want to use my flesh golem because whenever I get into any big fights and i need him he’s standing off in the corner somewhere.

Attachments:

Fix Minions

Posted by: eleshazar.6902

eleshazar.6902

I noticed this happened yesterday when I was playing on my necro as well. My golem just stood far away, and very slowly started to glide towards an enemy, but never once attacked him.

All professions level 80| Champion Paragon, Phantom, Genius
Phoenix Ascendant [ASH] | Rank 80

Fix Minions

trassr justin.9743

It almost never doesn’t happen for me lately. Mine just stands there like a lump on a log.

Fix Minions

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Here is some proof that it needs to be fixed in case you don’t believe us and/or just hate necros and are ignoring their bugs. It’s gotten to the point where I don’t even want to use my flesh golem because whenever I get into any big fights and i need him he’s standing off in the corner somewhere.

I’m seeing the same thing with the flesh golem. They seem to break necro minions every other update.

Fix Minions

Posted by: IlMattoCavaliere.4013

IlMattoCavaliere.4013

I’m seeing the same thing with the flesh golem. They seem to break necro minions every other update.

Yeah, i’ve seen on the Vulcano Map in fractal, the minion was following me and getting hitted by all the Tar on the shaman boss without making a kittening move.

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Fix Minions

ronpierce.2760

Still no reply, Mesmer clones get fixed in a day… This is what I’m talking about…

Fix Minions

Posted by: overlordchin.7583

overlordchin.7583

Just because I’m 100% certain ANet cant read anything that is a bug for necromancer, I put it in caps. Minions are randomly not attacking and attack too slow. You fixed precious mesmers within a day, fix Minions now, please? >_>:

And while you’re fixing their ability to not randomly drop combat and stand around like idiots, fix moa from killing them all. Would appreciate it. Bug has only been around since release now.

So in my experience it happens most often when your pets are out of melee range before you engage your target. So if you run past your target a bit then turn back around and start attacking it appears less likely to occur.

This also seems to be triggered if an enemy immobilizes you prior to you engaging the target with your pets in range of the enemy. Even if the minions do eventually attempt to engage a lot of them will get stuck on or in the terrain. They do not intelligently path to the target and even kiting the mobs back to your pack of pets does not correct the issues. It is particularly noticeable in s/t pvp as a lot of the capture points are on hill tops (Khylo / Foefire for example).

EDIT – note that this can completely break minion master builds as when the pets do not engage they will not pull conditions from you and will not heal you from the siphon effect and most of your damage in this build is coming from minions in most cases.

Fix Minions

ronpierce.2760

So in my experience it happens most often when your pets are out of melee range before you engage your target. So if you run past your target a bit then turn back around and start attacking it appears less likely to occur.

This also seems to be triggered if an enemy immobilizes you prior to you engaging the target with your pets in range of the enemy. Even if the minions do eventually attempt to engage a lot of them will get stuck on or in the terrain. They do not intelligently path to the target and even kiting the mobs back to your pack of pets does not correct the issues. It is particularly noticeable in s/t pvp as a lot of the capture points are on hill tops (Khylo / Foefire for example).

EDIT – note that this can completely break minion master builds as when the pets do not engage they will not pull conditions from you and will not heal you from the siphon effect and most of your damage in this build is coming from minions in most cases.

I can confirm they become statues when you engage combat when they are trailing too far behind.

Fix Minions

ronpierce.2760

CAn we have our minion “callback” button NOW, ANET? PLEASE.

Fix Minions

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Notice the same with my golem and shadow fiend. They stay next to the enemy, but don’t attack 50% of the fights.

Fix Minions

trassr justin.9743

I tried to use my minion build today and still nothing. No pictures though this time but I don’t think they are necessary since it is already well known that these errors are extremely common and does not happen to only a couple people. It is class breaking and it needs to be fixed. Yes, Anet, we understand that Warriors are your pets and you only care about how they work but could you do the players a favor and fix this class breaking bug? I rely on them to heal me and draw off conditions. They don’t help me at all when they just sit there.

Fix Minions

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I find that if I send the flesh golem in for its charge that it will sometimes begin attacking what it was sent at. But there’s no hope for the bone minions since they will just pop, and when I’m at point B and the minion is taking a union break back at point A… well, it’s an underwhelming experience.

Fix Minions

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

To add some extreme clarity here the bug in question occurs when the melee minions ((Or in rare cases when the ranged minions are out of range)) fail to find pathing to the target, every few seconds you will notice them jerk as they try to get to their target, but instead simply stand there. This can happen to the range minions as well, instead of getting in range to use their attacks they too will stand there and jerk if far enough from the mob.

A second bug I found was random minion agro on summon when you warp into an area. This bug can be reproduced 100% of the time as long as you JUST warped into the are, simply walk up to a neutral creep and spawn bone minions they will instantly go for the thing throat.

Come on Anet, this pathing thing is a very recent bug, just flip the integer to flopped to cause this and allow me to play my Minion Master in peace once more.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

Fix Minions

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

Yeah this ‘started’ with the update at the beginning of the month (not that it hasn’t been going on since beta).

Why are all my minions ground type? There are flying monsters in game and they don’t have problems with pathing. Just copy and paste some enemy AI/pathing code into the minions please.

They seem to have an issue with their version control system or at least someone keeps playing around with things that shouldn’t be in the update, forget about it while working on things that should, and then we get an inventory that gets bigger (why were they playing with that?) and minions that can’t find an enemy…

I would rather have flying minions that don’t have a problem with pathing than minions that can’t find an enemy because of an issue that doesn’t affect ANYTHING else in the game.

Fix Minions

ronpierce.2760

Yeah this ‘started’ with the update at the beginning of the month (not that it hasn’t been going on since beta).

Why are all my minions ground type? There are flying monsters in game and they don’t have problems with pathing. Just copy and paste some enemy AI/pathing code into the minions please.

They seem to have an issue with their version control system or at least someone keeps playing around with things that shouldn’t be in the update, forget about it while working on things that should, and then we get an inventory that gets bigger (why were they playing with that?) and minions that can’t find an enemy…

I would rather have flying minions that don’t have a problem with pathing than minions that can’t find an enemy because of an issue that doesn’t affect ANYTHING else in the game.

Yeah let them cross terrain gaps too. Make them find a new point within x range and “leap” to it. Freaking… omg I lose my mind watching them try to get to me for 30 seconds after I head to middle in Skyhammer…. Over a kitten tiny gap.

Fix Minions

trassr justin.9743

I have to agree with you Ron. I can’t tell you how often I would sit there and wait for my minions to get across a tiny freakin gap but won’t because apparently it’s beyond their capabilities to just some tiny two inch distance between land.

Fix Minions

WereDragon.6083

Well don’t let this die guys, neither this thread nor the necro forums have gotten a response to this, so Anet is either ignoring it or hasn’t seen it yet. I’m hoping for the latter.

Fix Minions

ronpierce.2760

Well don’t let this die guys, neither this thread nor the necro forums have gotten a response to this, so Anet is either ignoring it or hasn’t seen it yet. I’m hoping for the latter.

Well the title was in all caps, and more rage-filled, so SOMEONE has seen it. :P

In about 2 hours I’ll update it and add some more info and make it neater. Maybe they’ll take it more seriously. TBH it just gets exhausting writing several page papers for these guys and having them be ignored. Doesn’t feel worth it anymore. But for old-times sake, I will when I get back.

Fix Minions

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Good luck. Enemy mobs path (usually) and attack fine. Minions/summons from enemy mobs path (usually) and attack fine. Ranger pets path (usually) and attack fine.

The code, or relevant element, is there and working. Why do necro minions use something else, and why hasn’t the code relevant to this problem been adopted from any one of those other applications to necro minions since beta?

No excuse. None. Nada. Heading towards two years with no actual fix, while every other frickin’ mob in the game can path (usually) and attack without much issue.

At this point I feel like I’m coincidentally quoting ANet when I say for myself…

“Whatever.”

Fix Minions

trassr justin.9743

They’re just ignoring it because their pets are warriors and they don’t care about necros. I know they ignored it because I even contacted a couple people and they even neglected to send me a cut/paste response.

Fix Minions

Posted by: dash.1952

dash.1952

I’ll add that I’ve noticed the behavior of the minions has changed drastically after yesterday’s patch. I got engaged in a number of pvp fights, and would wonder where the heck my minions were, just to see them finally saunter into the fight about halfway through. There is definitely an issue with the AI after the update.

Fix Minions

trassr justin.9743

I am just so sick of Anet ignoring this. It’s obviously a kittening issue but they still choose to neglect it. They would rather make their precious warrior even better.

Fix Minions

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You want something fixed? You’ve got to explain how it impacts the Living Story and convince the Living Story zerg that it’s a problem. See: slaying potions.

Fix Minions

Posted by: KlausKNT.9302

KlausKNT.9302

So how long You think we will need to w8 for fixing this broken minions AI ?

Fix Minions

WereDragon.6083

Well the quicker they see it and knowledge it the quicker it’s fixed. I really want my build back.