Fix the female running animation, please!

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: AllNightPlayer.1286

AllNightPlayer.1286

It’s been 1,5 years since the running animation on human female player characters has been bugged. The females seem to use the human male running animation now. And it looks horrible. If a player character is in fight and has it’s weapons holsted, the females will run in their proper animation, until they get out of fight. More importantly every human female NPC and mini will always use the correct running animation.
It’s not just that the arm movement is most unrealistic (no one jogs like that), but the two handed weapons behave oddly while in the bugged animation. While it should look like this or this instead.

Furthermore, how shall our pretty human women compete against the mighty norn women or the cheerful sylvari women, if they cannot even run like a woman themselves? (^.^)
Or act like a woman? (more informations -> here)

So, please, fix the running animation, so the human women can walk through Tyria without being disadvantaged against other women.

(edited by AllNightPlayer.1286)

AllNightPlayer.1286

Our human women still do not know, how to walk properly.

Posted by: Ekhetrima.9651

Ekhetrima.9651

It’s been 1,5 years since the running animation on human female player characters has been bugged. The females seem to use the human male running animation now. And it looks horrible.

<snip>

Or act like a woman? (more informations -> here)

I miss those animations. I doubt they will ever get put back though.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

It’s strange how no one at anet even comments on these :S

Posted by: Tumavotinh.6325

Tumavotinh.6325

That’s why i can’t play any female with 2hder because when in combat they run with broken legs while holding a 2hder.

Posted by: ScribeTheMad.7614

ScribeTheMad.7614

I don’t see it, what am I looking for?

“The short answer is that new content is not going to drive people away from the game.
There is absolutely no evidence to support that it would.” -AnthonyOrdon

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

I remember when the bug 1st came out, I noticed it immediately & ppl thought I was crazy.

They run like the male animation now. If I wanted my char to run like a human male I’d make a human male. There wasn’t anything wrong with their animation before & I still don’t know why it was changed.

AllNightPlayer.1286

There wasn’t anything wrong with their animation before & I still don’t know why it was changed.

I still believe, it’s just a bug, since the animation is still in the game and is being used by NPC or your character — if in fight. Instead of the idle animations, which were deactivated all over the game.

Posted by: Nivessa.4258

Nivessa.4258

Yeah, it’d be nice to get our characters back. Running animations, idle animations (big one for me, hate just seeing the same one over and over) and even the noise while dancing (at least for me, my human female char never makes noise while dancing anymore while other races/genders do).

Posted by: Think.8042

Think.8042

I can understand the idle animations, seeing as they are a problem in certain cutscenes, but the running animation is really a strange thing. I never understood why that was changed …

AllNightPlayer.1286

The running animation is still bugged. How do guys get the time, to change things like the necromancer’s axe animation, but cannot fix this bug?

Posted by: Phantom Master.9582

Phantom Master.9582

I wonder if there’s even a quality standard to bug fixes, there should be, big ’’bugs’’ like these staying un-fixed for the span of years is just demoralizing.

Hopefully no one at Anet is taking advantage of the passing time to limit those who know about this bug just so they won’t have to fix it. Because so far it seems like working….

R80 Mesmer- Inquisitor Amena
Eternity~!

AllNightPlayer.1286

Another wasted opportunity to fix the female’s animations. In this particular case the running animaton.

AllNightPlayer.1286

Argh, the bug still exists.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

The day the idle animations get restored, this will get fixed…. I don’t have high hopes. :/

AllNightPlayer.1286

I wonder, if the developers are even aware of this inconsistency/bug of the running animation. NPC’s still using the right one? PC’s using a wrong one, but only if out of combat?
I mean, there was an explanation, why ANet had to change the necromancer’s axe animaton or had to remove the females idle animations. But this one never had an official statement. Because of this, I still think, it’s just a bug, but no one in power seems to care about it.
So, please, fix at least this one!

AllNightPlayer.1286

Does no one at the animation department want to take a look into this? It’s not, like you have to invent a new animation in order to fix this.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

Every once in awhile I will /map that I need a good AO. It is pretty easy to tell who has used second life when I say that (where AO means ‘animation override’).

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

AllNightPlayer.1286

Good thing, this thread is not about the idle animations.
Even though I posted this bug in there, too, the running animation should be considered as a separate topic. As I said before, there was an explanation for the idle animations, but not for the running animation. I will not post anything regarding the running animation bug in the above mentioned thread anymore. Out of respect, of course. ;-) But they still have my support.
So, I will upkeep this thread, which is about the human females running like males now problem. :-)

(edited by AllNightPlayer.1286)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Good thing, this thread is not about the idle animations.
Even though I posted this bug in there, too, the running animation should be considered as a separate topic. As I said before, there was an explanation for the idle animations, but not for the running animation. I will not post anything regarding the running animation bug in the above mentioned thread anymore. Out of respect, of course. ;-) But they still have my support.
So, I will upkeep this thread, which is about the human females running like males now problem. :-)

Surely, after I sent it I noticed that this one is different from the one I posted above but I had no time to come back and fix it. Apologize for any confusion.

AllNightPlayer.1286

My, my. Is this bug still in the game?
The animation department finds the time to create a new animation for the engineer’s mortar or bomb kit, but cannot fix this bug. Why?
At the end of February we can celebrate its 2nd birthday already.

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Looks like minor details like this are not on their priority list. But these things do affect immersion. And how bad the effect is varies from player to player.

AllNightPlayer.1286

So, are there any plans to restore the females animations, when HoT goes live?

Posted by: Narrrz.7532

Narrrz.7532

Huh, you know, i’d never noticed this before now.
Guess i didn’t play my mesmer enough back in the day…

Posted by: Yseron.8613

Yseron.8613

I dont get it, how were they running before ? Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIPpg1TydD4&t=1495 ?

Posted by: SpookyPoo.8135

SpookyPoo.8135

I dont get it, how were they running before ? Like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIPpg1TydD4&t=1495 ?

No, I recall they ran more gracefully than they do now, ie more like Sylvari.
Now they run like Norn.

Which version is more “realistic” can be argued till the servers stop; I think it’s preferable if there were greater differences between Norn & Humans, than between Humans & Sylvari.

AllNightPlayer.1286

Just a brief reminder, that the bug is still in the game.
By the way, in your HoT cutscenes, the NPC (human females) — like throughout the game — run normaly. Maybe that is the reason, why you still did not notice/fix the bug, since your beloved cutscenes (-> removal of the female’s idle animation) are not affected.