Flame Eye Appearance Transmutation bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Northlander.4619

Northlander.4619

I used a transmutation stone to transmutate appearance of the elementalist starting item flame eye to a level 20 mask but after transmutation the effect no longer shows up!

Basically it looks like I’m not wearing anything which is not what I was after! However this happens only in game. When I am in the character selection screen the flame eye shows up just fine!

I have tried removing and equipping it again. Checking the hide box and unchecking it. Transferring zones. Relogging. Even transmutating from another character. Nothing helps. It no longer shows up.

As I requested before please make an option to spawn new starter item if one is lost. I’d rather not upgrade the head slot item at all if it means the appearance is lost than lose the appearance because transmutation does not work. Now I’m not sure how to get the flame eye back other than by deleting and recreating the character – again. Not something I’m too keen on after spending hours on this one.

Thank you in advance for understanding and fixing the issue.

Northlander.4619

I spent a few more transmutation stones to figure out a few things:
1. Item quality does not matter (basic, fine, masterwork)
2. I could transmute the fanged dread mask from mesmer to my elementalist
3. Transmuting flame eye from another character gives same results

So this is definitely an issue with the flame eye. I didn’t test if this happens with other elementalist starting items as I don’t feel like wasting more transmutation stones.

Posted by: Omega Weapon.7683

Omega Weapon.7683

I can confirm that the Storm Eye has the same bug, I transmuted it onto a level 80 Conjurer Mask and now the eye has disappeared.

Posted by: Dekar.8734

Dekar.8734

I can confirm as well. I would love to keep my flame eye, but It just does not appear.

Posted by: Joe.8215

Joe.8215

I can confirm this bug. It’s actually quite frustrating to know that I wasted a transmutation stone on my Exotic Helm.. Which now if I were to transmutate it into something else, I would waste 2 stones and lose the original Flame Eye appearance/item. ANET please fix this!

Posted by: Lady Vireo.5189

Lady Vireo.5189

I can also confirm this bug. Several other people have also reported having the issue and are discussing it in the elementalist forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/elementalist/Flame-Eye-of-Life-gem-transmuted-and-gone/first#post258469

So taking all this info together, the issue has been reported with glacial, flame, and storm eyes and on elementalists of different races (Sylvari and human confirmed).

I hope we get a fix soon. I love my flame eye because it reminds me of my GW1 armor. Also it’s one of the few headgears that doesn’t clip with the high-maintenance hairstyle I chose haha.

A Dev has spoken:Cantha is definitely not cut from the game
Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Posted by: Solbrio.1902

Solbrio.1902

This is the response I was given when I reported it on the 23rd.

Hello,

Thanks for contacting the Guild Wars Support Team.

While I would like to replace your items, the Guild Wars Support Team is unable to replace individual items in the manner that you are describing. We simply do not have the tools to provide this service at this time.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

I DIDN’T DO IT WRONG! >.< I have the gem and I have my hood done in the same manner on my thief, so I KNOW I did it correctly!

Looks like they’re going to leave us out to dry on this bug. >><

Lady Vireo.5189

What? But this isn’t a case of replacing an individual item. It’s a case of fixing a bug that affects many people playing elementalists.

Maybe they will roll out a fix for the bug eventually, even if they can’t replace individual players’ headgears? I can understand why a cosmetic issue might not be high on the priority list right now, when Anet has botting, gold sellers, and hacked accounts to deal with, and I definitely understand that.

But I would really like to see this fixed eventually down the road. New elementalists should at least be spared from dealing with it, even if the fix is not retroactive for those of us who already lost our headpieces.

Every other profession can transmute and keep their biography headpiece. We should get to as well. Otherwise, what’s the point of getting a special item at character creation if it will go by the wayside automatically the first time you upgrade your armor?

Show your support for Cantha’s return in GW2! Please join us in the Cantha Thread.
Many thanks to Wooden Potatoes for his outstanding lore video, a real tribute to Cantha.

Posted by: Solbrio.1902

Solbrio.1902

So, the reply I got back was “..head to the forums.” Apparently, the more people that view, comment, and most likely complain about the gems not showing up the higher up on the priority list it goes.

If they sent me the dye pack I paid cash for back, I’d just reroll and keep the gem at level 1 for now. As it stands now though, the gem is ruined (not showing up at all) and I’m stuck with a character I put cash into. I’m stupid, I know. sigh

Lady Vireo.5189

Naw Solbrio it’s not your fault, how would you know you would run into a bug? I wouldn’t reroll just for the headpiece though ^^ the effort you put into the character and that nice dye are probably worth more than a headpiece! Besides, when (I’m going to be optimistic ) they fix this bug, you can create a new ele and steal the headpiece off of him/her and give to your old character.

I also reported the bug through the support website and got a very kind response thanking us for bringing it to the team’s attention. The problem seems to be they can’t replace individual lost items, but they do want to hear about the problem in general.

They also suggested that in future, we report this and any other bugs using the in-game bug report feature, so they get sent the technical details that the game automatically attaches to such bug reports. This helped me because I haven’t been able to find bug report since beta, doh. Instructions are at the bottom of my post in case others share my confusion.

I agree, the more of us who post here and send in in-game bug reports, the better we can communicate that people care about the issue!

“Next time that you’re in-game and you find a bug, you can do us a favor by submitting the bug report in-game. This will send detailed information about your character and your position directly to our Quality Assurance team.

To submit a bug report in game, simply bring up your “Game Menu” located in the upper left hand corner, and then choose the lifesaver icon for “Support.” From the “Support” menu, you can either click “Report a Bug” or just go directly the Ladybug Icon in the support menu to enter your submission."

Posted by: amaginon.8524

amaginon.8524

This is the reply i got from the forum Support ticket i opened …
“This is an issue we know about, and are currently working on. I can’t currently tell you how long it will take, but we appreciate your patience in dealing with this issue.”
I had already opened reported it in the ingame bug reporting system.
I gave up my level 26 Ele and just rerolled, and am just holding back from transmuting. (Back to level 20 already). Never had a problem with the starting engineer goggles/monocle, so was not expecting the bug.

(edited by amaginon.8524)

Lady Vireo.5189

Thanks for posting the reply you got from support, amaginon. That’s encouraging! Even though we don’t have an ETA yet, we know they’re working on it!

Posted by: Crake.5827

Crake.5827

So a while back I decided to level up my elementalist and went with the flame eye as my special item. Needless to say I transmuted it onto something useful immediately, but after the first time I transmuted it it no longer appeared. Just.. nothing. I sent in a bug report ages ago, but I haven’t heard anything about it.

Previewing the armor, even linking it to other people and having them preview it shows nothing, however, on the character select screen, the flame eye is showing fine.

I’ve kept transmuting it across each headpiece to keep the appearance should they fix this bug sometime soon.

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

My elementalist saved this character creation item in the bank until level 80 so that I could wear it as my primary armor.

I just transmuted it onto a 80 rare, using a Fine Transmutation Stone up, and the helm is GONE.

The stats are still there, but NOTHING shows when I click the hide/show box.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Posted by: EndlessDreamer.6780

EndlessDreamer.6780

Bumping something less than 2 hours after it has been posted is going to get this topic closed if you’re not careful. I understand that you’re upset, however they do look at this forum.

Is there anything else you can tell them? I’m assuming it showed up when you first made it in character? Has anyone else tried transmuting it directly on to an 80 item? (That’s more of a question for other people)

Posted by: Chronologist.9782

Chronologist.9782

I have 80 necro and I saved starting gear headpiece to get transmuted into 80 exotic and it works perfectly on my character. I will try it with elementalist glacial eye piece when I get home.

Posted by: zbrkesbr.4173

zbrkesbr.4173

iirc “glacial eye” changes the color of one of your eyes and is not an actual headgear, that is why you might see no difference when you hide/unhide transmuted helm. Was wrong, but still it should add small crystall on your forehead that is hard to notice.

War doesn’t determine who is right, only who is left.

(edited by zbrkesbr.4173)

Posted by: Sparkie.3465

Sparkie.3465

I have this same problem on my elementalist with exactly the same item. I’m not level 80 yet, so I’ve been transmuting the glacial eye skin onto lower level headpieces with the low level transmutation stone.

My headpiece has the right stats and the right name, but it vanished at some point in the process (possibly when I started using items with an upgrade slot).

The weirdest part of the bug is, I can see the glacial eye model correctly on the preview of my character in the log-in screen. The headpiece doesn’t display in-game or in the hero panel, though.

Yes, I’m quite sure that I have the display box checked.

Feycat.4370

Yes Zbrkesbr (that’s hard to type!) it’s a small gem, but it’s quite noticable, as it has an animated sparkling effect and hovers a few inches away from the character’s face. It shows up on the character select screen, so I know I’m wearing it, but it is missing in-game, as Sparkie said.

Posted by: Theophillus.3026

Theophillus.3026

Mine has never shown up – not in character creation, not in the game.

Posted by: MyQly.1098

MyQly.1098

I’ve run tests on each of the Elementalist Eyes and they all display the same behavior.

Once transmuted they no longer appear to render during normal gameplay nor in the hero panel.

They do show up on the character select screen, however.

Charr Engineer – Malick
Yaks Bend

Feycat.4370

Well that’s screwed up :-/

Has anyone seen any kind of acknowledgement on it?

Feycat.4370

And down on page 3 overnight. Nope.

Posted by: ProxiiG.5830

ProxiiG.5830

Transmutation not visually displaying on character during game play. It does show normally on character creation screen. (it was visible at the time it was not transmuted)

Attachments:

(edited by ProxiiG.5830)

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

Same happened to my Flame Eye.

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

My ele is not level 80 but I have noticed weird behavior with my Flame Eye. It seems not to respect the show/hide checkbox—every session (including on the login screen) it always defaults to being shown, even though I have it unchecked. I must flip the checkbox on and then off again in order for it to hide correctly.

EDIT: I should specify that I still have the unmodified, untransmuted Flame Eye you start the game with after character creation.

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

A couple of days ago I did the same as all of you: transmute the looks of the Flame Eye to a higher quality piece of head gear. I wish I had known then that this transmute is borked. Because it still is. I reported the bug in-game and keep hoping it’ll be fixed soon.

Posted by: Shell.1839

Shell.1839

I second this bug. It needs fixing I want to see my flame eye when I’m killing stuff.

SBI

Northlander.4619

For everyone who is thinking about rerolling: last time I tried it you can actually transmute the item from new characters to others. It says the item is soulbound but it actually does not prevent the transmutation or equipping. It only works between professions that wear same type of armor (for example I transmuted the mesmer mask for my elementalist).

However I’m not entirely sure if new patches have changed this. You should be still able to transmute elementalist headgear between elementalists though.

Sadly as the previous poster points out the bug is still there, so it’s not a good idea to transmute any of the eyes.

Posted by: ThiBash.5634

ThiBash.5634

I’ve been thinking about this for a bit, and it may be that the problem lies in the color options. After the transmute, the eye still appears in my character creation screen but the color differs from the actual item. Could it be that, after transmuting, the color is copied wrongly and, since there are no color options for the item, it thus ends up not showing at all?

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

ThiBash.5634

The developers are apparently working on it. I for one, am one of the many Elementalists that hopes they get it working soon.

Seriously, ArenaNet, you shouldn’t have made the Stone Eye look that awesome. :-)

If you can read this then it is proof that ArenaNet’s moderators just, kind and fair.

Posted by: donotos.9185

donotos.9185

well i’m not the only one with that problem and i want my flame eye too, it’s my legacy from gw1.

Posted by: Sroman.6237

Sroman.6237

It’s not just me! Would really like this bug taken care of! :O

Posted by: Zoanthid.6094

Zoanthid.6094

I do not want to drag this post out so I will say that if you try to transmute the Elementalists starting helmet to keep the skin it stops working altogether and no animation appears. To me, it was something I really looked forward to wearing through out my characters career. I am almost certain the fix would be easy and possibly overlooked forever if it’s not mentioned. It’s now been mentioned.

Please fix it?

Posted by: Vanathi.3856

Vanathi.3856

As the title says I transmuted my fire eye and now it won’t display on my character. Yes, I have tried ticking and unticking the display box, logged out logged back in, restarted the client, and tried transmuting again. No display. I like my fire eye. Please fix.

ETA It does show up on the character select screen

Posted by: Skye.2038

Skye.2038

Same thing happened to me. It was working until i tried to transmute it onto a reward i got for the first dungeon, AC. After that i tried transmuting it to other helms and its still bugged.
I even went as far as to get another one from another elementist i made and it was still hidden.
Other helmets seem to show fine though.

Attachments:

Posted by: Zoanthid.6094

Zoanthid.6094

Hello? Anyone listening. My Sylvari has the same issue. Please fix this it seems rather easy to address. Please?

Posted by: Maestro.5376

Maestro.5376

Confirmed by a friend. They’d also really like a fix to this.

Posted by: Blitzburger.1576

Blitzburger.1576

I reported this issue 2 weeks after the game was released, but I guess it’s not a priority for them. It affects the Storm Eye and presumably the others as well.

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

The Storm Eye doesn’t work either. It’s completely invisible after transmuting the skin.

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Posted by: Firengineer.9852

Firengineer.9852

I have recently transmuted a Flame Eye for my high-level elementalist but it does not show up in-game. It shows up fine in my character select screen. And no, I do not have it hidden.

Picture album: http://imgur.com/a/ZQHmY

Paradox.5498

There’s plenty of threads about this bug and not just for the flame eye but for the other elementalist’s starter head pieces as well. See for instance:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Transmutation-Skin-disappeared-completely-after-transmutation/first#post582426

Sadly this bug has been known from the start and hasn’t been addressed yet.

Posted by: Violent Love.2360

Violent Love.2360

After transmuting the storm eye graphic is glitched!!!!

Paradox.5498

After transmuting the storm eye graphic is glitched!!!!

Same holds true for all the other elementalist’s starter head pieces. Has been bugged and reported since launch and unfortunately not addressed yet.

The transmuted head pieces do show on the character selection screen but not in game.

ThiBash.5634

Maybe it’ll get fixed on the 15th…

Posted by: Transcend.4957

Transcend.4957

Same bug here…

Would be grateful if someone from ArenaNet could confirm that this is on the list of bugs to be fixed, so we can all look forward to using the elemental Eyes again.

We understand it’s not a top priority bug, but just knowing it will eventually be addressed would mean a lot.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Would be grateful if someone from ArenaNet could confirm that this is on the list of bugs to be fixed, so we can all look forward to using the elemental Eyes again.

We understand it’s not a top priority bug, but just knowing it will eventually be addressed would mean a lot.

I can do that! We do have a bug on this, but due to other high priority issues we’re working on, we don’t have any estimate on when it will be fixed.

We’re constantly adding items to our bug database, so thank you for the reports and your patience as we work through them!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

(edited by Jason King.2647)

Paradox.5498

Thanks for the confirmation! Good to know it’s even on the list.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

Glad to know this is being looked into. Miss my Stone Eye on my ele. lol

Posted by: synfoola.7059

synfoola.7059

After transmuting my Ele’s starter head item, it doesn’t show at all on the character in-game. It only shows up during the character select.

This happened a few days ago. I tried relogging, checking & unchecking item reveal, storing it in the bank and in inventory, nothing works.

Did I just burn a TS to ruin a piece of starter gear?