Flights of Fancy

Flights of Fancy

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Falkatore.3125

Falkatore.3125

I just spent three hours grinding the Flights of Fancy achievement. After the third phase of flying, I was still qualified for the achievement. Then I beat Mordremoth, and I lost it when I spawned back beside Trahearne. What happened here? I really do NOT want to grind it again…

Thanks!

Alek

Flights of Fancy

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Can anyone from anet confirm that this is a known bug, because I had the exact same thing.

Had the icon until the smothering shadows phase, then “poof”

I want that mordrem loop

Flights of Fancy

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I, too, tried to get this achievement. I was not knocked down or hit, as far as I know, by any rocks, yet…nothing.

But, I’m not sure I fulfilled all the requirements, whatever they may be.

Flights of Fancy

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

But, I’m not sure I fulfilled all the requirements, whatever they may be.

I heard a while back it was changed from “don’t get hit” to “don’t stop gliding” during the phase, as people landing on the branch wouldn’t get it.

If you’re going to try, I’d suggest doing it solo (maybe others could disqualify you) and to glide as early and for as long as possible without disabling the glider. The dodging part is easy, as all you need to do is hover over an updraft and press “about face” to stay on top of it. The constant flipping will cause the rocks to be thrown away from you.

Flights of Fancy

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, I never didn’t glide, but I did do the instance with others, yesterday. Just taking a Guildie through so he could do the new Current Event.

It’s not that big of a deal; I’m not really a Story Achievement player.

Thanks for the information.

Flights of Fancy

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Flights of Fancy

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

“The problem was in the small mob phase it would break the achievement if you ran past the mind tare. You gotta stand in the middle and not run over to the NPC’s.”

That’s insane. Can someone address this?

Also does anyone have a video or screen of exactly where you need to land to not break it?