Font of Rhand mortar bug

Font of Rhand mortar bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: JohnnyZero.5619

JohnnyZero.5619

When attempting to break the ceiling with the mortar in the Font of Rhand in Diessa Plateau (to access the Water of Rhand, for instance), it fails. Mortar animation goes off, but the ceiling remains and the water cannot be accessed. After the first fail, the mortar is then unable to be interacted with. This has happened to me four times since the patch today.

I Lynna I – Thief / Clownshooz – Engineer
Turbo Seksophonic – Ele / Guitar Wolfe – Mesmer
Isle of Janthir

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Khaz.3810

Khaz.3810

I’ve had the same issue. Please fix ASAP Anet! I want to make Mawdrey

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: WickedSorrow.6139

WickedSorrow.6139

Yep, same issue, so now I can’t go for madrey 2 AND luminescent… no offense but are the builds you release even tested before hand?

EDIT: A workaround is to stay on the ice, then relog (char selection re enter char), it will place you below the ice. (courtesy of Népomuk)

“Being ignorant is not so much a shame as being unwilling to learn.” -Benjamin Franklin

(edited by WickedSorrow.6139)

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

Yip another successful patch day.. broke more than it added into the game.. enter PatchWars2….

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Sublimesmash.8160

Sublimesmash.8160

I can confirm this issue, except that I can’t even use the mortar. There is no interact to load it with the head, and dropping it on the mokittenoes nothing.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Aisling.2340

Aisling.2340

Same thing here, can’t use the mortar.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Baolun.8316

Baolun.8316

Same thing happened to me, couldn’t use the mortar at all.

Luckily, I ragequit with my character standing on the ice, so I would have stumbled upon the workaround by accident even if I hadn’t read it here.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Doonx.5347

Doonx.5347

I met this too,please fix this one?:(

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Woot.2479

Woot.2479

same thing here… been doing the event to open the mini dungeon for days now still cant interact with mortar! kindly fix please.. this is the only mats i need to complete my mawdrey!

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: mark.6045

mark.6045

Same issue here.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Kieryn.6581

Kieryn.6581

still bugged. can’t interact with mortar. can’t bring down the ceiling. can’t make mawdrey.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

still bugged. can’t interact with mortar. can’t bring down the ceiling. can’t make mawdrey.

• stand on the ‘floor’ covering the water
  • logout the character ([f12])
  • log back in with same toon
  • the floor will be gone and you can proceed as if you placed head in the mortar
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Kieryn.6581

Kieryn.6581

Thanks, it worked. I would not have thought to try that!

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks, it worked. I would not have thought to try that!

I can’t claim credit. I learned the trick from others.

Glad it worked

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: NerakanDrac.1265

NerakanDrac.1265

I also can’t interact with the mortar at all. I am unable to relog on the ice, when I log back in I find myself in Lion’s Arch. Very frustrating.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I also can’t interact with the mortar at all. I am unable to relog on the ice, when I log back in I find myself in Lion’s Arch. Very frustrating.

Maybe try with a different character or try another spot on the floor (I don’t think it’s ice). I’m not sure why you are ending up in LA, but I’ve only seen one other report of that happening; everyone else ends up in the water.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: NerakanDrac.1265

NerakanDrac.1265

Tried again with my mesmer alt, and it worked out. Yay I have my Mawdrey water!

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Tried again with my mesmer alt, and it worked out. Yay I have my Mawdrey water!

Great! I’m glad that worked out for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Agriope.4523

Agriope.4523

Bump.

Standing on the Ice and relogging just ports you elsewhere in the zone when you log back in. Fix the quest.

Agriope – Purple hair’d menace.
Violent Tendency [vT]; twitch.tv/agriope & YouTube Agriope
#ProfessionalNomad

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Bump.

Standing on the Ice and relogging just ports you elsewhere in the zone when you log back in. Fix the quest.

I’ve seen reports of that happening to three people (including yourself). The vast majority of times, people stand on the ‘floor’ above the water, logout, and when they return, they are in the water. (Maybe there are bad places and good places to stand — I haven’t tested that much.)

Alternatively, get one of the frequent ports to Rhendak’s Tomb and work you way backwards. From that side, you can open the gates yourself without doing any of the tasks.

Of course, it would be far better if they fixed the mortar, but until that happens, the work-around seems to do fine for the most part.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Fadedkind.8143

Fadedkind.8143

This issue still persists… I cannot interact with the mortar, and relogging will send me to Lion’s Arch. I’ve tried on three different characters to no avail.
Plllleeeeeease do something about this! ._.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This issue still persists… I cannot interact with the mortar, and relogging will send me to Lion’s Arch. I’ve tried on three different characters to no avail.

First, I’m sorry that you haven’t gotten to the Font yet. It’s hard to understand why they’ve left this bug for so long, since it’s a required step for getting Mawdrey. I’m also surprised that logging out/back keeps sending you to LA — it doesn’t for nearly everyone else who has reported back to this forum.

Fortunately, there’s another work-around. While you are on the map, take one of the many portals to Rhendak’s Tomb (usually, people just say “port to Rhendak”). Then, work your way backwards from the Tomb to the Font; each gate you encounter can be opened from the ‘wrong’ side, so there won’t be anything blocking progress.

Good luck and please let us know how it works out.

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Posted by: Fallout.1798

Fallout.1798

First, I’m sorry that you haven’t gotten to the Font yet. It’s hard to understand why they’ve left this bug for so long, since it’s a required step for getting Mawdrey. I’m also surprised that logging out/back keeps sending you to LA — it doesn’t for nearly everyone else who has reported back to this forum.

Fortunately, there’s another work-around. While you are on the map, take one of the many portals to Rhendak’s Tomb (usually, people just say “port to Rhendak”). Then, work your way backwards from the Tomb to the Font; each gate you encounter can be opened from the ‘wrong’ side, so there won’t be anything blocking progress.

Good luck and please let us know how it works out.

There is another way past the bugged mortar, and I’m surprised no one has mentioned this.
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Font_of_Rhand
You can instead of taking the left stairway down to the mortar, go down the right stairway instead. Go into the water, and at the bottom you will find a chain you can pull. The chain will break the wall right in front of said chain. note that it seems sometimes the chain does not break the wall as I found out the other day, have patience and keep trying, move around a bit until it works

Stormbluff Isle
[AoD]- Commander Vars Wolf

Font of Rhand mortar bug

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Good tip, Fallout — I hadn’t heard of it before. (I’ll try it next time.) The other two have managed to work for everyone, but that one sounds faster.