Forewarned is Forearmed - Story Quest Bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RizNine.8217

RizNine.8217

The quest name is Forewarned is Forearmed. The issue is that after you defeat the undead minion and the Warmaster tells you to meet him somewhere, the quest objective before “Kill the undead scout,” “Explore the passages,” does not go away. The warmaster then says something and swims through a rock and your left in the sewer water with no way of proceeding. Anyone else having this bug?

Posted by: Serenity.6149

Serenity.6149

I did this earlier today and while Forgal got stuck a few times, I had no problem swimming ahead without him.

Posted by: jaka.9635

jaka.9635

i got to this quest today on my male warrior, human, vigil , lvl 49. Im on Piken Square.
i get stuck after defeating that green lizzard, the stor doesnt progress. Also the NPC that follows me dissapears at that point.

Any news what to do to bypass it maybe?

Posted by: Erik.7406

Erik.7406

I am having the same issue as well. I killed the final two creatures and received the end cutscene but it still says I need to “Investigate the passages below the broken grate”. I have tried to with no luck. Currently I can’t advance the storyline until this is resolved.

Posted by: Ficus.7156

Ficus.7156

this should help:

Just a follow up on how I got it to work on my 2nd try. When you discover that the grate is broken and you swim down the first time, there a mob that you’ll kill in the vertical tunnel. Shortly after killing him, you should get a quest update to the step “Explore the tunnels further” or something to that effect. I believe you get this update , which a lot of people are missing, from either some point in that vertical tunnel, or sometimes you may have to wait for your companion to catch up to you. I would recommend swimming around in that tunnel, because you should get the quest update right in there as I did on my 2nd try. I think sometimes the companion has a hard time dropping down through that broken grate, and the quest might not update til he’s in the tunnel with you. Hope this helps

Yes I think this is the main problem. The first time I was stuck in this quest because I seem to have missed the River Drake below the broken water gate and thus didn’t kill it. I only found/saw it once I backtracked after the final cutscene. Quest was stuck and I had to exit and re-play.

On second run, the River Drake spawned and I killed it before proceeding further to kill the Barracudas and the Jelly Fish, then finally the Undead Scout, and the quest completed successfully.

Hope this helps for the Devs and the players.

by the way, as today the bug is still present and not fixed.