Forging the Pact STILL BUGGED

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kalos.9638

Kalos.9638

I hope ANet’s not paying their coders with real money or else they’re getting ripped off. How long has this game been out?

During the “Retrieve the second research team.” portion of Forging the Pact, it’s impossible to progress through this area because attempting to enter the cave for this portion of the quest causes the player to be instantly teleported out of it, facing in the other direction.

Posted by: Xriah.5743

Xriah.5743

Just got stuck at the same spot, twice.

Thought this game was out of beta.

Posted by: Jeffrey Vaughn

Jeffrey Vaughn

Content Designer

You’re probably at the wrong entrance—the back door to the cave has a teleport field around it to keep players from accidentally doing the story step out of order. The front entrance is just down the path from where you helped the first team defend itself, the way is blocked but one of the team members will blow open a route for you.

Posted by: Victoria.5129

Victoria.5129

I got the same bug on the first try, and on the second try it was alright. The entrance was correct, the second time the npc triggered whilst in the first it didnt. I had the same problem of being teleported back out when i tried to go in. I suspect it was because there were remaining undead that werent cleared during the first run into the ruins. And the npcs were busy fighting them. But after that Agent Zhi.. something didn’t pop up to blow the crates.
*to anyone still having the same problem, i’d recommend clearing all the mobs that pop up along the way before the “checkpoints”.

Posted by: Demon Taoist.4027

Demon Taoist.4027

Bumping this as I stand, 3 years later, in front of the crates and teleport field blocking the cave. I’ve verified from walkthroughs that I’m at the correct entrance.

I think the problem is that Agent Zrii is AWOL. If I understand correctly, he disappears at some point? So he either never reappeared, or just never appeared at all. Or maybe he died?

Regardless, it’s at least strange that bug fixes are released often, but bugs for content that nearly all players will encounter go untouched for literally years.

Shame. Shame. Shame. :p

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573

Bump. Still having this issue! Can’t get into the cave.

Posted by: Liberis.9573

Liberis.9573