Forum's keep changing my account name

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ywhre.9734

Ywhre.9734

Hi, so I noticed that every time I or someone else type my account’s name (which you can see on the left ofc), forum is changing it to ‘Yk*tten’.
It’s happening with both posts and messages.
It’s pretty annoying especially that lately I entered a raffle and it might affect it or something.

Is that really you, King Thorn?

Attachments:

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I think the dumb broken filter being employed thinks there could be a letter ‘o’ in there after the ‘h’.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

It’s because the forum filter is making sure no one uses an impolite word that refers to a woman of the night. The last four letters of your name are only missing a fifth letter to spell that word. Yay for filters working overtime.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

It’s because the forum filter is making sure no one uses an impolite word that refers to a woman of the night. The last four letters of your name are only missing a fifth letter to spell that word. Yay for filters working overtime.

Yup, the filter doesn’t only block impolite words, but also supposed variations of these words, like trying to skip a letter or putting spaces to workaround it. In OP’s case, as Rose mentioned, it’s like spelling certain word skipping a letter.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Create a support ticket — customer service might be able to make the adjustment to the filter (or offer to change your account name to avoid the problem).

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”