Fractal 61 - Jellyfish Boss Bug???

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: archive.8406

archive.8406

I am not sure if this issue has already been brought up or is being addressed, but even after the patch overhaul for fractals we are encountering a bug with the underwater fractal on 61 that makes it near impossible to finish.

This is due to the fact that their large agony attack which swallows a someone strips their agony away completed and instantly kills them. That along with the difficulty from the ‘enemies apply random conditions’ instability make this encounter beyond challenging, and bordering along unfair and buggy mechanics stacked against us.

We almost managed to defeat the boss by literally wiping the party and reengaging the boss before they could reset, only for one of out members to bug out on something else entirely (they got stuck in ‘eaten’ mode out of the boss area and could not move) which caused the boss to reset fully. After that, we could not wipe and rez like before without reset the boss as soon as we all died.

This cannot be how the fractal is supposed to function. I’m sure people have been able to clear it, but with the fact that we can’t find any strategy to reproduce that outcome – I am guessing this is one of those fractals people manage to get through by luck and throwing human suffering at it until it’s enough to kill the boss.

Is anyone else dealing with this? Any possible advice you can give? My group has been running fractals for a long while, we are not new to it, but this just ridiculous!

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Stop meleeing the boss, he only eats people at melee range, kite it around the whole fight, no one gets ate, EZ fight.

Posted by: PCanineBrigade.4916

PCanineBrigade.4916

The HoT patch broke the swallow skill. AR from your equipment will not be present while inside the Jellyfish’s belly, effectively reducing your AR to 0 (consumables and mistlock +5 AR not included), which is pretty much instant kill at high agony scales.
Best course of action for now is to stay away from melee range, and maybe only go melee when he’s stunned.

Posted by: Quothrone.8615

Quothrone.8615