Fractal drops were broken on the 3/18 patch

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dan Daze.9854

Dan Daze.9854

Heya, Dan Daze of [LOD] here. My guild and a couple other collaborating guilds have been tracking the drop rates of fractals since before the fractured update. It has come to our attention that droprates of fractal weapon skins, and ascended weapon chests had their drop rate DECREASED at levels 41-50 when according to the patch notes, their drop rate was INCREASED.

To quote the patch notes:
“- Ascended armor and weapons now drop more often from all levels of fractals, particularly as the fractal level increases.

- Ascended armor pieces will drop more often than ascended weapons."

You can have a look at all of our data here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Av4NvDVKEaOzdHJPaTlsRU5LeEJWN3hodklXWGFCU1E&usp=drive_web#gid=0

All of this data has been meticulously documented to be as transparent as possible. Also, we have well as over 1000 entries to keep RNG to a bare minimum.

You can see a breakdown of what dropped for each individual run in the tabs marked “data” at the bottom.We have separated the data out into two tabs, pre and post 3/18 patch.

If you compare the numbers, you will see there is something wrong:

Chance to receive Fractal Weapon Skins:
Pre 3/18 patch, 11.89 % chance
Post 3/18 patch, 2.28 % chance

Chance to receive Ascended Weapon Boxes:
Pre 3/18 patch, 10.19 % chance
Post 3/18 patch, 2.51 % chance

Chance to receive Ascended Armor Boxes (the only one that was buffed)
Pre 3/18 patch, 3.82 % chance
Post 3/18 patch, 6.38 % chance

According to our data, you get better rewards running a lvl 31-40 fractal than a 41-50 fractal daily. Now, that doesn’t seem right…

Something is wrong and its incredibly disheartening to run arguably the most challenging content in the game EVERY SINGLE DAY and get improperly rewarded for it.

Please double check the numbers and look to see if the proper loot is being rewarded.

Thank you.

Posted by: CrAcKeDmUfFiN.9402

CrAcKeDmUfFiN.9402

I applaud the work that was put into this and the dedication it takes to record all of these drops for months on end, but that doesn’t compare to doing such unrewarding and challenging content on a daily basis for all these months.

Slow Down

Grab the Wall

Posted by: Lucav.9547

Lucav.9547

Thank you for taking the time to collect all of this data, I hope the devs listen!

Posted by: Finale.5281

Finale.5281

This is pretty interesting, thanks for collecting the data!

Posted by: jakalofnaar.1702

jakalofnaar.1702

I have no numbers to back up my claims like Dan does, but I have also definitely seen the same. Why they thought the nerf to drop rate was appropriate was beyond me. Hells, why they thought putting these things behind a stupid RNG gate, behind a time gate, still erks me.

Still have a guildie who has completed fractal frequenter, and probably run close to 1k fractals, if not more, and hasn’t seen a single fractal weapon or ascended chest drop.

Anet, please sort out your RNG gates, because these drop rates are incredibly ridiculous, especially when you have to run such unrewarding content just for a minute chance at getting them.

Posted by: Kraeje.5861

Kraeje.5861

as a casual player i love content that has high difficulty and therefore grants you high rewards. thank you a lot for your research LOD, i really hope that issue gets changed for the better.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

My regular team had also really bad drops since the patch running daily 49, although our sample size is probably not big enough.

Posted by: Kingteranas.1376

Kingteranas.1376

I knew something was up… It’s disheartening to know you’ve only got around 1/40-1/50 chance for a fractal weapon now. The drop rates were much higher pre fractured, why would you nerf it even further ANet???? Heck, the ultra-legendary Fractal Tonic was probably nerfed to 0.000001%. Thanks Dan and the others for compiling this, now I want a fix!

Kingteranas – 80 Guardian
Queen Of Macabre – 80 Thief
Dragonbrand [Ankh]

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

now we can say we are kittened. metaphorically speaking.

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

High risk, low reward. Timeless classics.

Thanks for the research! Let’s hope your voice gets heard.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

LOL….is there any doubt they intended to make the drop rate better, but f-ed up the coding?
loot bugs that hurt players are low-priority fixes……this will not get fixed…it will “be looked into” and forgotten. the QA team is small/farmed-out, and this last patch added a ton of massive bugs on top of all that existed before it.

they are buried in a mountain of bugs in all areas of the game….this will not get fixed.

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

I didnt record, I will start to Screen cap all end rewards, I have stopped fotms about 2 weeks ago, before that I was doing 3-4 A DAY! 29, 38, 49/50 sometimes a 19.

I have seen terrible drops from 40+ I only do 49/50 just for the tonic, I made sure to do EVERY daily up until 8-10 days ago for that chance, and I have NEVER seen one drop from any group Ive been with.

Its sad that I can (By farming fotm and dungeons no TP flipping) Can make a legendary and get another one 1/2 done all while trying to get a tonic.. Anet fix your broken RNG!

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Would definitely be nice with a response from one of the devs explaining these drop rates.

Posted by: Double Helix.2179

Double Helix.2179

I have seen these threads a lot on reddit and it has put me off fractals.

I am only on level 20 and have been casually running them in order to get fractal weapons. But after veining your drop research I feel there is no point at all!

Dev update and fix please!

Posted by: Dyrus.6507

Dyrus.6507

i hope we see a rensponse/hotfix on this

Posted by: Kiwicharr.8051

Kiwicharr.8051

I actually cannot believe that these fractals issues have been ignored for such a long time I hope we get some sort of response….

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Fractal frequenter here, account level 50. Do 1 or 2 runs per day usually. 1 fractal skin, 1 asc weapon, nothing else. Definitely seems like low reward. Sorry I can’t help with more data.

Posted by: Odd Magnet.3970

Odd Magnet.3970

As someone who runs multiple fractals daily, I can confirm that the droprate is messed up.

I can’t imagine how many bug-reports and tickets Anet already has, yet still not even admits that it’s bugged.

Especially since Loot-tables are nothing you’d need months to fix (as the “too many dyes drop”-bug has shown, that was fixed in hours!!)

I don’t attract, I don’t repel. That’s kinda odd

Posted by: Grax.9204

Grax.9204

Thanks a lot for putting in the effort to gather all this data.

Please Arenanet, at least tell us someone is taking a look at the drop rates.

Asura Mesmer – Gragx – Kodash
Virtus – [VRTS]
http://virtus-gilde.de/gw2map

Posted by: Estriella Faerie.4029

Estriella Faerie.4029

I didn’t record all my runs since then, but I also got the same feeling from the loots I got on my daily runs.

Thanks a lot for making our concerns more objective by clearly measuring the probabilities. Now let’s hope that we get some response.

As it was shown on the fractal CDI, lack of rewards (relative to difficulty of high level fractals) is one of the player’s concern, and this problem with daily reward is one part of this issue.

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

Got a reply to my support ticket earlier today. All it said was that some agent were looking into the problem, I hope they really are.

So far no one from Arenanet have said anything, at least just let us know in case it really is bugged and tells us that you are at least working on fixing the problem.

Posted by: diremane.3250

diremane.3250

First of all, thanks a lot to you and your pals, Dan. All this work is a very good thing to do for the whole game community.
I hope the devs in charge of this at ANet can put some very needed light on the subject now. As you said, things doesn’t look right or fair right now.
Cheers!

Posted by: Yang.2760

Yang.2760

I feel like dropping anything on 28/38 and nothing on 49… Maybe a kittenty ring, but nothing else :P
I hope you fix this soon anet, i want more for dealing with one of the highest fractals

Posted by: Ehragus.5843

Ehragus.5843

Great work, hope devs fix it soon. Tired of noninfused ring at lvl 49.

80 Necro(x2) – 80 Guard – 80 Warr(x2) – 80 Engi – 80 Mes – 80 Ele(x2)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Man look at all those rings! I would have liked to see how many were uninfused at level 50.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Wow. Just yesterday I complained to a friend that 49 rewards are kitten (I didn’t get anything for approx. 10 49 runs in a row, before that I got a cleric uninfused ring, which broke a streak of exactly 17 49 runs of getting nothing at all) and that I get at least 4s95c as a bonus reward by running fracs below 40 and now I see this.
Guess I’ll stay away from high level fractals for now.

Thank you for collecting all that data.

Posted by: Savoy.6824

Savoy.6824

Just want to chim in and say that I too have had terrible luck with loot in fractals (personal level is 45) and though I like this game mode, I just cant justifiy doing it when so many other parts of the game give me the resources I need to play the other game mode I like (WvW). I would much rather run fractals over dungeons to get my weekly allowance but its just doesnt pay the bills.

While were here, are we ever going to be able to salvage rings? I also dont have any more room in my bank for more useless ascended rings.

And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once – Nietzsche

Posted by: Jaia.4219

Jaia.4219

Great work recording these data and collaborating across multiple guilds for higher accuracy and overall sample. This is really compelling, and I hope that Anet takes a close look.

Posted by: Provost.3968

Provost.3968

I’m at Fractal Level 39 myself, and hearing this has made me stop caring about working my way up to 49 when the drops are this broken. Thank you for collecting this data, and I hope A-Net listens.

Posted by: Gingelyr.3648

Gingelyr.3648

To head off potential complaints:

This is easily a large enough sample size to prove the point. These statistics have nothing in common with the classic MMO “ony deep breaths more” or “warrior gear dropped 5 times in a row” complaints.

Posted by: The Last Hobbit.6492

The Last Hobbit.6492

This does need to be addressed so that people feel they are actually being rewarded for the effort of high-level fractals.

Does anyone else keep getting shoulders whenever an armor chest drops? All 5 armor chests I’ve seen have been shoulder armor. Is it possible to get others? xD

Posted by: Dragon Shiryu.3469

Dragon Shiryu.3469

I am one of the players who run FotM level 50 daily with Dan. And Dan did a really good work by collecting and presenting the raw data here.

I run some FotM level 40 using the in game lfg tool, not with friends like Dan, so the loot were not recorded in his file. But I personally think I got better loot (fractal weapon skins, weapon chests) at difficulty level 40 than level 50. This concurred with Dan’s observation.

So, Dan’s post deserves some attention from Anet.

TC server, 1 pve warrior and 1 wvw guardian
ready to afk!

Posted by: frankylovechild.8623

frankylovechild.8623

I have noticed this problem as well, Thank you for collecting data on the drop rates to help Anet figure this out.

Violah |CoSA| Sorrows Furnace

Posted by: Nickymonkey.8651

Nickymonkey.8651

I’ve been running running fractals since the very beginning and I think its great you guys compiled all this data. Hopefully Anet will take notice and remedy the situation ASAP!

Posted by: yoyi.3469

yoyi.3469

im not running fractals 49 and 50 anymore, 1 or 2 hours doing this dungeon each day and getting nothing. Prepatch (fractured) i get almost all the weapons fractals, the only one i get after this, is the axe

Odd Magnet.3970

it’s really sad, when the content which takes the longest to complete (even Arah is shorter in organized groups) gives the worst rewards for the time spent

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

The answer could really be this simple:

Attachments:

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Would be nice to get an official info whether it was intended to be like this or… hopefully not?…

Posted by: Billaboong.6821

Billaboong.6821

Still waiting for skins to drop

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is an important thread. Developers and the like, please look at this. Don’t let it get ignored.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Luna.8603

Luna.8603

I’ve slowly been recording my own data, it’s no where near a stage which it could be relied upon, but the drop rates I’m getting are shocking, they are really bad. But RNG is RNG and two of the people I run fractals with nearly always get at least 1 ascended piece every 5 -6 runs.

But I agree, if fractal weapons are going to stay that bad ATLEAST let us choose which one we get when we get them in say the fractal weapon box we were promised.

Odd Magnet.3970

In the whole last week, I ran 38 daily and most times even 28 and 49 too

What did I get?

2 uninfused rings. pretty sure they dropped at 38 and/or 49

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

Any developer response? Maybe just acknowledge that youre looking into it that you’ve seen this thread :x

Posted by: Diamant Brut.4208

Diamant Brut.4208

Run level 49
Loot for the whole team : 2 ring (one not infused)

hope it helps

Posted by: Yue.5974

Yue.5974

This really does explain some stuff. I thought the drops at 40+ seemed horrid :/ I hope it gets fixed. Thanks for the awesome research guys.

Character Name: Yue, Rynorr Soulshielder, Rose Yuenü and 28 others xD
Guild: The Eternal Blades Of The North[EBoN]
Server: Northern Shiverpeaks

(edited by Yue.5974)

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I think we ought to keep this thread on the front page. I’ve abandoned fractal runs until this is properly addressed – I hope they bump this bug up higher on their priority list

Champion Hunter

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

@OP:
Any info about Fractal Tonic drop rate?

Odd Magnet.3970

@Safi: definitively. I can’t believe how they take this long to even acknowledge this.

Thousends of reports, tickets and a few hundred threads in the forum.

Sadly, they will only fix drop-bugs fast, if it would benefit the player <.<

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

lvl 43 run today, final chest – 1 rare 1 green and 1 blue…really? And non infused ring for only one of us.

Posted by: DennisChrDk.9823

DennisChrDk.9823

@ sMihaly
As long as we have recorded our drops we have not had a drop. A guild member from SC have one, but it was before we started recording it, so the chance would not be correct if we added it