Fractal of the Mist Exploit

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Turtle Dragon.9241

Turtle Dragon.9241

exploits@arena.net is not working, so i will post this here

Exploit can only be done by at least 2 players(usually of the same guild) who join the same group in Fractal of the Mist Dungeon.

Exploiters form a group of 5 players, get the Fractal all the way to the Jade Maw(or to the end of the last fractal). Then one of the exploiters initiates a kick on the other players and have the second exploiter agree to kick the other players one by one.
Now that they are on a 2 player team, they invite(usually people from their guild) to the team.

The game considers all 5 people(even the 3 who just entered only to grab the reward) as party members, they all get their Personal Reward Level increased by 1, they all get the Daily chest(if applicable), and the final chest.

The people who actually did the fractal get “nothing”, considering they did all the effort to get the party there.

People are now using this method to get their guildies “easy level ups” in fractals.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

If that happened to me, I’d report the players and their guild directly to Arenanet and never pug fractals again.

Posted by: Turin.1024

Turin.1024

How is this an exploit? Its just abusing the kick feature, same as regular dungeons.

Posted by: firebreathz.7692

firebreathz.7692

How is this an exploit? Its just abusing the kick feature, same as regular dungeons.

“The game considers all 5 people(even the 3 who just entered only to grab the reward) as party members, they all get their Personal Reward Level increased by 1, they all get the Daily chest(if applicable), and the final chest.”

so getting the final chest, daily chest and their personal reward increased by 1 for nothing is not an exploit?

they are exploiting the kick mechanic for personal gain..

Posted by: Cardstar.1963

Cardstar.1963

Clearly an exploit, and worse its not victim less like many exploits.

<paste generic, tired historical quote here>

Posted by: Donner.6293

Donner.6293

People who abuse this should be banned just like exploiters, though it’s hardly an exploit and more a big fat design flaw in my eyes. And it affects all dungeons as well.

What makes it even worse is that after you are kicked out of the group, the group chat is gone and you can’t even report the others unless you remembered their name.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

exploits@arena.net is not working

I’m not sure why you were under the impression the exploits email isn’t working; I can confirm that we received your email (twice).

We’re aware that some players are griefing others by kicking them before completing dungeons and are investigating ways to discourage this kind of behavior. Thank you for the report!

This thread will now be closed.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed