Fractal portal only showing Story

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

So I completed the story (it bugged out on me, but I got the achievement even though I missed the loot) and now all I can do is enter the Story mode. It doesn’t give me any other option, just “Enter Story Mode” and “Close”

Very annoying as I cannot start any other fractals now unless somebody else does it for me!

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: BondageBill.4021

BondageBill.4021

I have a similar issue. When I attempt to enter fractals, I only get the Story Mode option. However, if I am in a party that starts Exp Mode, I still only get the Story Mode option!

This seems to be account wide, affecting characters that have previously completed fractals and others that have never done fractals. I have not completed Story Mode on any character.

Would really like to do regular fractals …

“We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills” -Colin Johanson

Invictus.1503

Yes, it affects all of my alts as well. I’ve tried rebooting, rezoning, and 6 other toons. All have the same issue.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: Risingashes.8694

Risingashes.8694

@Invictus.1503

I had the same issue. What fixed it was doing story again, with me as host.

What may be related is that in my first instance I got the achievement, but couldn’t loot the final chest as I wasn’t teleported to a glowing room after the final boss. I was able to get the proper popup after completing and looting the chest in the second instance.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

If you walk into the asura gate, you should get a prompt for explorable mode. My friends and I had this same problem tonight and we were able to get around it simply by walking closer to the gate.

Invictus.1503

@Risingashes – This same thing happened to me, perhaps that is what is causing it to bug. I’m hoping ANET simply fixes this because, quite frankly the story fractal was not my favorite and I’m not thrilled with going through it again.

@Zedd – appreciate the advise, though even that doesn’t help. I can walk up an touch the portal and still have no other options.

Posted by: MAUS HOUS.8047

MAUS HOUS.8047

Same here, completed the story and the only option when re-entering is story mode again!! Encountered many various bugs like getting stuck in the wall shield at the panel after using the shields to block the lasers, died in the hot room before cooling it, then it didnt cool after so i couldn’t be revived, and I couldnt waypoint back to checkpoint because they was bugged aswell. After logging out and in 5 times and finally completing the story mode I didn’t get the achievment AND have to do the story mode again.

Holla. At. Me.

Posted by: Saulius.8430

Saulius.8430

when you do a story mode and return to dessa’s lab, there is still long dialog between dessa and keel. if you leave w/o waiting for the reward, then you didn’t complete story

don’t rush, do stories properly

P.S. when i did story, 1 player left too early, like 1 min later story reward poped up. the remaining 4 of us had a nice laugh and the poor rushing soul who will have to repeat it

kill all ze thingz

Invictus.1503

when you do a story mode and return to dessa’s lab, there is still long dialog between dessa and keel. if you leave w/o waiting for the reward, then you didn’t complete story

don’t rush, do stories properly

P.S. when i did story, 1 player left too early, like 1 min later story reward poped up. the remaining 4 of us had a nice laugh and the poor rushing soul who will have to repeat it

Story mode did complete, I have the achievement. I just didn’t get any loot because I was stuck, dead on top of the reactor and wasn’t revived and since I couldn’t waypoint and I was the instance leader I couldn’t log out-in again. Nobody could res me because I was on the reactor below the top floor and above the middle. It wasn’t impatiance, it was a bug.

Invictus.1503

So I did story again (painful) and got the loot chest. It took us back to the observatory and would not progress further. All NPCs there acted like we hadn’t done it yet. I waited for 15 minutes and talked to all NPCs and no progression. As it stands I’m STILL sitting with only “Story” as an option.

Posted by: Zedd.8239

Zedd.8239

@Zedd – appreciate the advise, though even that doesn’t help. I can walk up an touch the portal and still have no other options.

That’s unfortunate. Luckily that seemed to solve the problem for my guildies and I (it did yesterday anyway). But apparently it isn’t as foolproof as I was hoping it would be.