Fragmented Anomaly

Fragmented Anomaly

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Please Arenanet!! Fix already that bug of archivement “Fragmented of Anomaly”

What can not be, is that there are people who have achieved it in 2 trials, and I have more than 10, nor does it come out. Of how tired I am, when I stop making another attempt, it turns out that all get archivement to everyone. Is bad luck?

Fix that already!!!!

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Mathinus.9752

Mathinus.9752

Just had some mesmer troll whole map by pulling fragments to the anomaly. This is the real problem with this achievement.

Fragmented Anomaly

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Just had some mesmer troll whole map by pulling fragments to the anomaly. This is the real problem with this achievement.

Exactly, it is that add that there are people who have already achieved the achievement, and for kitten and “trolling”, they will annoy the others, to rejoice, when they had the achievemente “Fragmented Anomaly”.

This is desperate … and toxic, everything for a achievement on which you depend on a multitude of people, that if you do not get it now, forget forever, because later people are not going to do it.

Noo more achievement so Arenanet, it is not good for game.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

I was on a map that waited for the buff to come off and it still failed with nothing getting to it. So yeah… stacks still don’t matter.

When the devs were testing, I wonder if they were doing so under the same conditions as us with the same number of players.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Zimzol.3105

Zimzol.3105

Got the achi!

I think i know how to get it.
If Anomaly spawns with buff (and it will) you have to wait until it expires (i think it has 5 mins timer), and while you are waiting you have to prevent it from getting new ones, and only kill it when it has no buff

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Kabansky.9160

Kabansky.9160

Got it earlier today in Timberline Falls. On phase 1 we burned it down to about 8%, then just kept running after him until the buff expired. Then we CCed him while stackless and finished for the long-awaited reward. The magic-energy-whatever bar was half-full so apparently it doesn’t matter.

Fragmented Anomaly

Angel de Lyssa.4716

For when to fix that?

Fragmented Anomaly

Ayrilana.1396

Waiting for the stacks to go away doesn’t do anything. This is like the 3rd time I’ve been stuck on a map that unnecessarily drags out the fight only to still fail the achievement. No fragments ever gets close to it either.

It’s either a random bug or something happens that is beyond the control of the players.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: DarkMonk.4531

DarkMonk.4531

My guildies have reported today that while killing the same Anomaly on the same map at the same time some of them have recieved the achievement while other haven’t.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: darksome.1697

darksome.1697

Managed it today in Timberline Falls, as described above. Killed it when it had no stacks, after it had reached the second stop. Everyone on the map – two full squads + randoms got the achievement.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: VitisVinifera.2834

VitisVinifera.2834

My 4th time. Still bugged. We melted the anomaly in the first burn. The entire map is mad. I don’t think anyone wants to buy the expansion based in this experience. Pretty poor showing for the quality team at Anet. They know about this.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Barzhal.2640

Barzhal.2640

Tried maybe 10 times now and still haven’t gotten it. I’ve seen it with stacks and no stacks. With “absorbed magic” and without. Fix your game Anet and stop wasting peoples time.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: someguy.4298

someguy.4298

I and the whole map recently got this achievement. We had stacks and killed it in one burn.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Maria Murtor.7253

Maria Murtor.7253

16 stacks here, no energy absorbed, one big burn but no achievement. 7 or 8 tries meanwhile.

Guild Wars 2 – Musicvideo: Claws and Steel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghA_efMiWkg

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: DarkMonk.4531

DarkMonk.4531

Killed Ano in 1 burn in Timberline falls with 5-6 stacks and all got achievement. No special tactics, no waiting for stacks to go away, just the usual spawn→CC→1 burn kill.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Matthew Pennebaker

Previous

Matthew Pennebaker

Designer

Next

I wanted to give an update. Fix still hasn’t been found, in large part because we just figured out how to reproduce it (which I’ll explain in a moment). I do want to clarify some points about how the achievement is scripted.

• When the anomaly spawns into the map it sets a flag that says “I haven’t absorbed any fragments.”
  • When the fragments spawn in, they path to the anomaly, if they get to it, they apply the Leyline Accumulation Buff, unset the flag, and destroy themselves. (this is the only thing that unsets the flag)
  • If the event succeeds, and that flag is still set, everyone who participated in the event gets the achievement.
    My suspicion had always been around the pathing of the fragments to the anomaly. As you may have seen in our game, sometimes when NPC can’t get where it is trying to go it just teleports there. It turns out this is sort of what is happening here (and thanks to our QA representative Brett for actually finding this).

The actual bug is: if the fragments get stunned immediately when they appear, and stay stun locked for too long, they will just teleport to the anomaly and finish up their scripting.
We’re still trying to figure out why they are doing that, or at the very least, how to prevent them from doing that. I’ll update again as soon as I have more info.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Ultimate Shingo.2374

Ultimate Shingo.2374

When the anomaly spawns into the map it sets a flag that says “I haven’t absorbed any fragments.”

In that case, are the 10 stacks of accumulation the anomaly always starts with in any way relevant? People speculate that you’d need to let them run out first, which leads to confusion. Secondly, does that mean the orange bar is irrelevant, too? I’ve never seen it filled even a sliver, even when it failed.

Fragmented Anomaly

Previous

Matthew Pennebaker

Designer

Next

The initial 10 stacks don’t matter to the achievement. Also, only fragments matter for this achievement, coalescences (the orange bar) have no impact.

Fragmented Anomaly

Ayrilana.1396

I wanted to give an update. Fix still hasn’t been found, in large part because we just figured out how to reproduce it (which I’ll explain in a moment). I do want to clarify some points about how the achievement is scripted.

• When the anomaly spawns into the map it sets a flag that says “I haven’t absorbed any fragments.”
  • When the fragments spawn in, they path to the anomaly, if they get to it, they apply the Leyline Accumulation Buff, unset the flag, and destroy themselves. (this is the only thing that unsets the flag)
  • If the event succeeds, and that flag is still set, everyone who participated in the event gets the achievement.
    My suspicion had always been around the pathing of the fragments to the anomaly. As you may have seen in our game, sometimes when NPC can’t get where it is trying to go it just teleports there. It turns out this is sort of what is happening here (and thanks to our QA representative Brett for actually finding this).

The actual bug is: if the fragments get stunned immediately when they appear, and stay stun locked for too long, they will just teleport to the anomaly and finish up their scripting.
We’re still trying to figure out why they are doing that, or at the very least, how to prevent them from doing that. I’ll update again as soon as I have more info.

Thank you for the update.

Would it still occur if people let the fragments move slightly from their spawns before perma stunning?

Fragmented Anomaly

Previous

Matthew Pennebaker

Designer

Next

Would it still occur if people let the fragments move slightly from their spawns before perma stunning?

We haven’t had a chance to fully check all the edge cases, but right now it seems like once they start moving they can be safely locked down.

Fragmented Anomaly

Ayrilana.1396

We haven’t had a chance to fully check all the edge cases, but right now it seems like once they start moving they can be safely locked down.

Would a possible solution be to have them spawn immune to control effects for a few seconds, while also a further distance out to compensate for that, so that they’re able to move from their initial spawns? Of course all of this pending what you find with those edge cases.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Chucklet.7290

Chucklet.7290

snipsies

Thanks for the update!
Now I won’t have to doubt the actual howto anymore every time someone claims they had an entire map get the achievement because they did make the stacks run out or some other obscure thing like all hopping on one foot while doing it…

So for now we just keep trying and hope nothing teleports, or wait for a fix!

Kittens :3

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Neutra.6857

Neutra.6857

Thank you so much for this info. It does explain a great deal. Hopefully you can figure out how to fix this.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

I’m starting to lose my mind at +20 attempts .

If this never gets resolved, as a suggestion. Could you change it to have “kill X number of fragments?” at least that way there is some notable progress….

Hope this gets resolved before PoF…

Fragmented Anomaly

Chucklet.7290

Ok I just figured I’d keep trying a few times a day and behold, today was the one! Our map did it, everyone got the achievement. Phew.

Now this is not a ‘nanana we did it and you didnt’ this is a ‘keep trying and who knows’ thing We even cc’d it on what was supposedly a very bad spot, right on a bridge, AND most of us were sure we all saw a Champion get absorbed…

-Just as per info, it was the second time it’s bar was cc’d down (so two times total keeping fragments at bay), and we had cleared one of the coalescenses groups ahead of it. And it was on timberline falls. I’m also sure it was about my 28th attempt total lol.-

I’d leave you with a screenshot but I was so late with that it only shows alot of transformed people…

tl;dr Don’t give up!

Fragmented Anomaly

Ayrilana.1396

Fixed just 30 minutes ago.

Fixed a bug in which anomaly fragments could be absorbed by the Legendary Anomaly at long range if they were stunned immediately after spawning.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-8-2017-3/first#post6700890

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: Duncan Idaho.6184

Duncan Idaho.6184

Well, seems the patch fixed this correctly, we all had it in our map. Gj !

Fragmented Anomaly

Chucklet.7290

Glad it got fixed.

Too bad it was literally hours after I finally got it following endless fruitless attempts and what could only be sheer luck.

Karma.

Fragmented Anomaly

Posted by: rwolf.9571

rwolf.9571

finally I can rest… now off to the Crystal Desert!

Fragmented Anomaly

Previous

Matthew Pennebaker

Designer

yay! Glad it worked out. Thanks to everyone for helping us sort this issue out.