Free the soldiers trapped by spiders

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: KevinTheDruid.1067

KevinTheDruid.1067

No trapped soldiers are appearing in this event.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Yes, the cocoons were empty last time I did this event (in the last 2 weeks). Please fix.

Thank you in advance. =)

Posted by: Xyraxus.8502

Xyraxus.8502

This event is still bugged. No pun intended. Soldiers do not appear in cocoons.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Been broken and completely ignored by Anet for quite some time now.

Posted by: psychosiz.7109

psychosiz.7109

same issue for me

Posted by: nettto.5647

nettto.5647

same issue for me

Build: 53850
Error Code: 58: 11: 5: 535 the same problem here, someone has a solution?

Posted by: slavyd.9572

slavyd.9572

Trying to do Flameseeker collection and this still seems to be bugged. 6/7 Seraph freed and it seems impossible to complete to trigger the Gargantula event.

Posted by: Yuri Barebones.3802

Yuri Barebones.3802

The new Bandit boss spawning inside this event seems to be causing one of the soldiers not to spawn. There end up being 6 trapped soldiers to rescue & the event stalls at 6/7 rescued since there are no more.
This keeps the Gargantula chain from progressing. so yeah. the Legendary collections are borked that require Gargantula defeat.
I’m on HOPE IV myself.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The new Bandit boss spawning inside this event seems to be causing one of the soldiers not to spawn. There end up being 6 trapped soldiers to rescue & the event stalls at 6/7 rescued since there are no more.
This keeps the Gargantula chain from progressing. so yeah. the Legendary collections are borked that require Gargantula defeat.
I’m on HOPE IV myself.

It was failing before the bandit boss events.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: BornToKill.7290

BornToKill.7290

Please fix the event, i can not finish hope without the spider queen spawn following the event

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

I’m having the same problem, can’t complete the Flameseeker Prophecy precursor because of this blocking issue.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Musik.8509

Musik.8509

Problem still exists. Can’t finish HOPE if I can’t get to Gargantula. Kinda drives me crazy. Any tips on how I can still finish the collection?

Posted by: tomwjd.8172

tomwjd.8172

please fix this, its preventing friends from completing their legendary collection

Posted by: Adams.9217

Adams.9217

I need it for HOPE Vol. 4 collection and its bugged all time… Please fix it..

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

Do it after patch drops, might be your only chance as everything will be reset, normally events only bug after they are first completed, though I’ve know this event to have been bugged for a good 6 months or so before HoT launched.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Do it after patch drops, might be your only chance as everything will be reset, normally events only bug after they are first completed, though I’ve know this event to have been bugged for a good 6 months or so before HoT launched.

The latest is probably different from the previous in this case. In the previous times freeing the soldiers didn’t increment the counter. Right now it increments the counter but stops at 6. I suspect someone accidentally deleted one of the cocoons when they added the bandit spawn.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The latest is probably different from the previous in this case. In the previous times freeing the soldiers didn’t increment the counter. Right now it increments the counter but stops at 6. I suspect someone accidentally deleted one of the cocoons when they added the bandit spawn.

I saw the event stalled at 6/7 before the Current Events, although I never noticed that immediately after a game update. I also don’t remember people complaining that it was bugged in all the instances they tried.

My guess: they fixed one problem and either added another or it turned out that there already was another issue that used to hardly ever come up. It’s only coincidentally connected to the bandit spawn (although, that’s a pretty good suspect, too, since it takes place nearby).

Still, it hardly matters why there’s a bug. Those going after their legendaries just want these things fixed.

Posted by: Malfunction.5926

Malfunction.5926

Please fix anet, this is stopping us from getting H.O.P.E after sinking god knows how much gold into the precursor.

Posted by: Meow Ren.5382

Meow Ren.5382

If it helps any, ip 64.25.38.240:0 seems to be unbugged for this event. Gargantua has popped twice in the last 30 minutes or so here.

Someone posted on another thread (too lazy to find it, sorry) that it’s likely due to the bandit bounty, Ezal the Quick. He spawns right next to one of the trapped soldiers and may be killing or otherwise hampering that one NPC.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If it helps any, ip 64.25.38.240:0 seems to be unbugged for this event. Gargantua has popped twice in the last 30 minutes or so here.

Someone posted on another thread (too lazy to find it, sorry) that it’s likely due to the bandit bounty, Ezal the Quick. He spawns right next to one of the trapped soldiers and may be killing or otherwise hampering that one NPC.

Thanks, Meow — I’ll point people to that IP.

(PS the event also bugged out before Ezal was in the game, even if the bandit event seems to have increased the number of instances in which this occurs)

Posted by: Nilix.2170

Nilix.2170

This is most likely what’s happening. I was steps away from the one close to Ezal. Then I saw him surrounded by spiders while I was breaking a different one open. Then the cross swords disappeared shortly after that.

Mortar Shot is STILL nerfed by 28%
Purity of Purpose