From overflow, to overflow, to overflow...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Layana.2705

Layana.2705

I was waiting today in a Sparkfly Fen overflow trying to get in the Desolation server (where I’m guested). I really wanted to get into the server, so I decided to be patient. I arrived at 2:15PM GMT+2, during a Tequatl event and thought it was great since I’d get a place soon in the main server.

Not quite. As expected, the “Sparkfly Fen is ready” window popped up soon ; happy, I clicked the “Travel” button, waited while it loaded, and… lo and behold, Overflow again.

So I waited a bit more. The window pops again, I click Travel, and get a Network Error message – code 61:9:13:1950:101. The wiki doesn’t seem to know that code.

I click OK ; nothing happens. I’m still logged in, can move around, go and gather nodes, and so on. Unsure about my position in the queue, I decide to leave the area and get back in it again.

Overflow again.

Then for the following hour and a half, the same thing kept happening. The message would pop up, and either I’d be sent to another overflow, or I’d get the error message. A full hour and a half. Like I said, I really wanted to get into the fight, and I decided to be patient. I thought it’d be worth it. I was wrong.

So…

Dear ANet,
After enduring fails after fails on Tequatl, I decided to forget about that part of your game.
Then yesterday, a guildie convinced me to come guest on the Desolation server with him, where we could enjoy the fight and probably see victory. I followed him, joined the local TeamSpeak server, and all was going well until GW2 disconnected me mid-fight. Only GW2, not TS, so I could desperately try to join back the fight, all to no avail, while listening to the sounds of their victory on TS. Not fun.
Today, I thought I’d give it another chance. I’ve tried for an hour and a half joining the server, with no result.
Not fun at all.
Dear ANet, I’m angry at your devs for creating a game in which such things can happen. I’d love to see the person responsible for this specific issue being slowly roasted by an Inquest krewe experimenting on excruciatingly painful deaths, but I’d be satisfied by just an answer in this thread telling me that being sent from overflow to overflow is an unintended bug and will be fixed soon. So please, please tell me it is so.

Posted by: Paradox.5498

Paradox.5498

I was waiting today in a Sparkfly Fen overflow trying to get in the Desolation server (where I’m guested). I really wanted to get into the server, so I decided to be patient. I arrived at 2:15PM GMT+2, during a Tequatl event and thought it was great since I’d get a place soon in the main server.

Not quite. As expected, the “Sparkfly Fen is ready” window popped up soon ; happy, I clicked the “Travel” button, waited while it loaded, and… lo and behold, Overflow again.

So I waited a bit more. The window pops again, I click Travel, and get a Network Error message – code 61:9:13:1950:101.

I’ve had this exact same experience while guesting hoping to beat Tequatl. “Travel” taking me to overflow instead of the main server, or just the error code.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

The queue to get off overflow has never worked with guesting. It’s not new, it’s how it was originally implemented.