"Fumble" dodges.

"Fumble" dodges.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

But hey, fixing is hard! Not like a skill rollback would be an easy and fast fix.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Like I said, that would mean they’d have to admit somewhere down the line they made a mistake. In all the years I’ve played the Guild Wars franchise, I have yet to witness Anet saying ‘yep guys, we screwed up, we’re sorry’. So far it’s always been die hard denial, complete silence and bandaid fixes all the way down the line.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Fixing broken things is too hard. Changing the definition is much easier. Working as intended.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

"Fumble" dodges.

Dub.1273

Bump.

Dub | [rT]

"Fumble" dodges.

Bright.9160

What is this that I heard about Whirlwind Attack? Something vague about it on the dungeon forums, but no idea what you guys were talking about.

Also, any update on this?

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

"Fumble" dodges.

Dub.1273

WA was “fixed”, it now just makes dodging impossible right after the animation went off. But hey, rather being unable to dodge than dodging, losing endurance and getting zero evade frames!

Also, still an issue.

Dub | [rT]

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Also, getting hit during dodge animation. It’s the worst seeing your character start rolling with that perfectly timed dodge and then finding yourself downed just because server was too slow with registering the dodge.

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

Hey, at least you guys don’t have another bug like I do.
I’ve been ex-communicated by the church.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

"Fumble" dodges.

Bright.9160

At least your bug doesn’t have the potential to kill you.

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Hey, at least you guys don’t have another bug like I do.
I’ve been ex-communicated by the church.

I’d much rather be in game chat-impaired than have to deal with fumble dodges. If they were fixed there would be potential to deal alot more dps as a guardian, particularly during bosses like lupicus. I try to avoid using whirling wrath/binding blade when I may have to dodge during/after it (which is quite common).

[DnT]

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

The bugs with dodges are so gamebreaking it’s astonishing they haven’t fixed them yet.
The invulnerability window after you rally is bugged and so is the dodge animation itself. Ironically enough, after many weeks wondering if my connection was at fault, I had the proof thanks to a Flame Legion Hellstorm… He used his flamethrower attack and I dodged: while doing the dodge animation, my character would dodge only some of the attacks [evaded] and get damaged by many others, almost causing me to down.
About whirling wrath and the like, eh… 90% of times I can’t dodge and get downed after using it, so sometimes I just can’t cast unless I want to die.
Also I don’t get why I’m unable to dodge some skills even if the animation starts at the right moment; the boss tell starts properly but then the damage is applied before the animation is even 1/4 through, and I get downed while my dodge animation has begun already. See: archdiviner.
I don’t get it. It could be my connection, but I don’t really think so.
Anyway, not expecting a fix soon. I know where their priorities are.

"Fumble" dodges.

Dub.1273

Just make evade frames client based, aswell as positioning. Of course, this would make an invulnerability hack possible but aren’t there methods to search out for hacks

Dub | [rT]

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Was testing out my recently geared Guardian to get a feel for how bad the fumbles were. Did Leap of Faith and for 2 seconds was unable to evade, then when the game finally let me I fumbled on the spot. This is going to be fun.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Killing lupi yesterday. My group wiped so I had to solo phase 3. Got him down to about 5% and then i had a fumble dodge on an aoe lifedrain followed by bugged run speed while blocking with offhand sword. So I dodged again to get out of the aoe and it dodges backwards instead of the direction I wanted to go. Because of this I was out of postion and got domed with no defensive utility. Really kitten ed me off, 3 bugs in a row.

(edited by spoj.9672)

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

Bump.

"Fumble" dodges.

Dolan.3071

followed by bugged run speed while blocking with offhand sword.

I’m not the only one who gets that!? Drives me mental, I get it all the time, feels slower than RP walking, I have to stop moving then start again so it corrects itself. I get it everywhere, some stupid overlap of activating skills and changing direction? I almost always get it when picking up a banner and trying move when using #3 (ironic that it’s meant to speed me up <_< ) But yeah I feel it the most during AoE lifesteal where I’m actually trying to get somewhere. Happens in phase two AoE’s with Riposte as well, but it’s not like you’re trying sprint anywhere.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

I’m sometimes completely unable to move instead of walking slow.

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

Yet to see this fixed, doing no reflection lupicus yesterday, fumbling 2 out of 5 dodges...

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

problem with this bug is that it doesn’t affect 90% of the playerbase who do zerg content where missing a dodge is much less of an issue.

"Fumble" dodges.

spoj.9672

90% of the playerbase doesnt even know the dodge key exists. So yeah. I guess for that reason its not a priority…

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

Just died from a fumble after warrior axe 2. How can fixing this bug not be the priority?

"Fumble" dodges.

Syn Sity.5826

We are all at kind of a loss on this one man…

[DnT]

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

And anet fixes pvp rewards. Yay!
I wonder if you also fumble in pvp, must be about as annoying there as in pve.
Imagine a pvp team loses an important match just because their point holders fumbled at the wrong time.

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

To add: weapon swap/entering death shroud in combat will also abort your dodge.

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Ephemeral.5409

Ephemeral.5409

Bump.

/15 chars

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

Bump

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: DEKeyzToChaos.7381

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

I had a span of about 2 days where I was wondering if I was experiencing dodge bugs, lagging hard, or just noobing out – I’d press the dodge key, my character would begin the dodge animation, and I’d get hit by something. Happened so many times across a few characters that I just gave up trying to remember which attacks I was using beforehand.

… But obal’s fumble dodge while in the middle of WWA really took the cake this past weekend.

(shameless bump)

"Fumble" dodges.

Bright.9160

Did full Arah the other day, and can’t even begin to describe how many fumbles I had. I was lagging a little bit too, so it might have affected it..

At one point, Lupi did his AoE lifesteal, and I dodged twice, both of which fumbled.

I died.

GG, thanks Anet.

Also, bump.

"Fumble" dodges.

spoj.9672

It is quite possible its affected by lag. I dont seem to get them anywhere near as often when my nets stable. But its still an issue that needs to be sorted. Hopefully with game optimization it will be fixed. :P

"Fumble" dodges.

Bright.9160

Practicing Lupi solo, fumbled and subsequently died so often I stopped bothering.

Fix this please.

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I never fumble.

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I haven’t got a single fumble in over a week.

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

I haven’t got a single fumble in over a week.

You haven’t been online a single time for over a week.
I probably had around 100 fumbles or other dodge bugs, just today. Then i went chronomancer and kept teleporting around, wasn’t even able to walk from wp to lupi without luring the half room. Funny for my stream, which was working flawless all time...

@Weth: Really? Not even when using Axe #2? It’s like a 99.5% guarantee for a fumble.

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Alex.9106

Alex.9106

100% l2p issue, once you know how to reproduce fumbles you can avoid them 100% of the time, im a noob, so i still fumble 0.2% of my dodges (no irony)

its the answer to all that crying “everything is too easy”, so anet introduced fumble dodges, wait till they implement “every second hit cant be reflected/absorbed with reflection/absorb skills”
it´ll be fun, learn how to count your reflected attacks (may contain some irony, who knows)

(edited by Alex.9106)

"Fumble" dodges.

Dolan.3071

100% a bug.

Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

"Fumble" dodges.

Syn Sity.5826

I no longer fumble on whirlwind which is nice since it became the largest offender. I try not to use cyclone/binding/whirling when I feel I may need to dodge soon and the fumbles aren’t that bad anymore. Although I am definitely sacrificing dps on certain occasions just to avoid potential fumbles. Also Alex, that’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard man, sorry.

[DnT]

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

@Weth: Really?

No

"Fumble" dodges.

spoj.9672

Bump.

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

This is surely going to be fixed at 10th december, right? The games by far most important bug ever is surely on a higher priority than taking vigor away from easily obtainable spots (which is affected by fumbles too), right?

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

Yet another bump. Yesterday at snowblind fractal boss, 28 out of 30 dodges fumbled. My connection was perfectly fine.

"Fumble" dodges.

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Yet another bump. Yesterday at snowblind fractal boss, 28 out of 30 dodges fumbled. My connection was perfectly fine.

Those are some amazing numbers. I thought I had a fumble dodge during the powersuit duo thing, but looking at the video I guess my endurance never went down.

I had a pretty epic fumble dodge yesterday at grawl shaman – was dodging across a pool of lava while he was shooting an arrow at me. Got hit by the arrow, died in the lava. Also, whirling defense causes fumbles.

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

I’ve noticed anomalies here too…

Mostly, I see trouble, I hit dodge, the dodge animation starts, and is interrupted by the hit. Yes, my evade is interrupted by a melee hit?

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

I’ve noticed anomalies here too…

Mostly, I see trouble, I hit dodge, the dodge animation starts, and is interrupted by the hit. Yes, my evade is interrupted by a melee hit?

Thats another issue, slow server responding time…

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

Bump.

"Fumble" dodges.

Anicetus.1253

Bump.

"Fumble" dodges.

DEKeyzToChaos.7381

Bump.

"Fumble" dodges.

Dub.1273

Bump.

Dub | [rT]

"Fumble" dodges.

Dub.1273

Bump. How can it be the only ANet answer has been obvious?

Dub | [rT]

"Fumble" dodges.

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

needs more bump

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

"Fumble" dodges.

Dub.1273

B
U
M
P

Dub | [rT]