GAME NOT CONNECTING

GAME NOT CONNECTING

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

I’m trying to log in and pressed the icon to activate GW2. All I’m getting is the Downloading 0KB (0 KB/SEC) and then the error message about not being able to connect.

I’ve restarted my modem, router and computer. I have no issues with the internet or teamspeak, just with GW2 right now. I was playing earlier and took a 3 hour break and now can’t log back in.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Heibi.4251

I’m getting the basic page with no graphics so I hope this gets posted.

A guildie of mine is having the same issue as I am. The only similarities is that we are both on COX Communications for our ISP and live in the same city. Both our internets are working perfectly, except for GW2.

Oh, for some reason I can log into GW1.

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: Gellrock.4073

Gellrock.4073

I’m getting this problem as well. The launcher splash opens but it just says 0/kbs then after awhile gets a connection error. I’m running the 64bit client on Win 10 and have never had this problem before.

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: Squirrelbane.2510

Squirrelbane.2510

Same thing here. Can’t get to the login screen. Get “Downloading 0KB (0 KB/SEC)0/kbs” and then “Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…”
No internet issue my side. Everything else connects.

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: poiuz.2061

poiuz.2061

I cannot connect in game for 5 hours now

Attachments:

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

Just tried it from my side, not working either in the exact same way =3

EDIT: Just retried it 5 minutes later, and it suddenly worked.

(edited by Ray Koopa.2354)

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: poiuz.2061

poiuz.2061

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: dognosh.6327

dognosh.6327

thanks all, 174.35.71.9:80 worked for me. I am on virgin cable in the UK

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

Mines doing the same. It started when i logged off last night it said the 0kbs/0kbs had to manually close it. trying to log on this morning getting the same thing and cant log.

(edited by DivaCeryn.2673)

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: DivaCeryn.2673

DivaCeryn.2673

Tried what poiuz said https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/game-client-will-not-get-to-log-in-screen/first#post6321067 made a new shortcut and add it to command line had to try a couple to get the right one to work. Left my original alone thats been there for what 4 years. Anet please get this fixed. there is a lot of people that don’t know or understand how to do this. and i myself have never had this problem and really do not want to have to keep doing this. thought something needed a repair which most would think and couldn’t even run that. please get this fixed asap. I am on COX to no problems with anything else. thanks

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Heibi.4251

Mine finally cleared up this morning and I was able to log into the game and get onto the forums without a problem.

I’m still wondering what caused this.

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: Anonthiel.2730

Anonthiel.2730

Yeah, I had the same issue last night. Game wouldn’t load and just said Connection Error and the forums would take eons to load, and when it did finally, it was bare bones. Everything seems to be okay this morning though.

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: stephanie wise.7841

stephanie wise.7841

it also as happen to me 2 night in a row at about the same time. maybe they do server maintenance around that time. I have also check everything on my side. everything was good. I tried to go see guild wars 2 forum to see if people talked about this and the forum was not working. only guild wars 2 official web site. and I know some people where still playing. so it is not all the server only some of them. so it is either maintenance or they have some bug on a server around the same time. or maybe some ddoss attack on their server no idea.

GAME NOT CONNECTING

Posted by: Headcase.4618

Headcase.4618

I can log into the a game’s character screen for a split second before windows suddenly closes the program.