GW1 wintersday bugged atm

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Manulitar.4389

Manulitar.4389

Yup, conserning Guild Wars, not GW 2…
sry but posting here, cause the only support available that Guild Wars 1 “help” function leads me to is a “page not found”. So I just hope some employee sees this.
So, in Guild Wars “1” : The Wintersday Token (or “Hat”) quest npcs in both Kamadan and Lions Arch, Brrnadette and Krunch if I remember right, have disappeared allready, they are still to be found in Korean district only and gave one of my accounts a reward, but when went in with another account who had not the quest in log allready, they would not give the quest to start it.
Same thing for folks in Kamadan chat I asked about this.
Dispite GW2 being your huge priority, I rly hope something could be done to compensate, like the good old days of GW1 when hats where bugged one Wintersday event, and the event got a reroll of more days.
GW 1 is after all the source of it all and would be great to see u heed to us who still play that, or check the hiccups in that game

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

The only support for Guild Wars is accessibility and taking care of exploits. Otherwise, GW(1) is in maintenance-only mode.

Sorry.

Posted by: Leablo.2651

Leablo.2651

The live team has been cleaning up the festival automation code. That’s what maintenance mode means. Of course they can also change other things as they see fit, under the limited resources they have to work with now. All it means is that there is no expectation for regular or significant updates. (And nonetheless they added a new event with a new set of skins some months ago for the 10th anniversary.)

Since the hat-related NPCs are supposed to remain for a full week after the festival, it’s feasible for Anet to address this problem before the scheduled end date, assuming they get back from holiday shortly. Otherwise, unfortunately, the people who haven’t done it yet this year will be out of luck, but we can probably expect the fix to come in for next season.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Guild Wars 1 festivals are now on a standard calendar. According to the wiki

• Festival begins on 19 Dec
  • Festival ends on 2 Jan (~24 hrs from my post)
  • NPCs should remain for a week after.

Given that the festival successfully ran last year without any issues and that the game hasn’t had any substantive updates recently, this is pretty bizarre behavior and I would hope that the GW1 maintenance team would want to know about it.

That said, those folks are probably on vacation (perhaps the one fringe benefit of working on Gw1 instead of GW2 — fewer emergencies) and so I doubt we’ll see any response (posted or in game) any time soon.

Sorry for the frustration — hang tight & maybe they’ll be able to troubleshoot early next week.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Sourde Noire.5286

Sourde Noire.5286

Yup, conserning Guild Wars, not GW 2…
sry but posting here, cause the only support available that Guild Wars 1 “help” function leads me to is a “page not found”. So I just hope some employee sees this.
So, in Guild Wars “1” : The Wintersday Token (or “Hat”) quest npcs in both Kamadan and Lions Arch, Brrnadette and Krunch if I remember right, have disappeared allready, they are still to be found in Korean district only and gave one of my accounts a reward, but when went in with another account who had not the quest in log allready, they would not give the quest to start it.
Same thing for folks in Kamadan chat I asked about this.
Dispite GW2 being your huge priority, I rly hope something could be done to compensate, like the good old days of GW1 when hats where bugged one Wintersday event, and the event got a reroll of more days.
GW 1 is after all the source of it all and would be great to see u heed to us who still play that, or check the hiccups in that game

I ran into this issue today. Strangely enough, it is not mentioned in the wiki article for the NPCs or quests but on a talk page hidden away. Some districts seem to be buggy and not be able to spawn the NPCs, usually the lower number ones.
What helped for me was going intro District 10 on the US version of Lion’s Arch after spending about 45 mins running around LA and Elona trying to find them, thinking I had missed something. They were right there.

Oddly enough I took the quest and found them the day before in the EU district I usually play in.

Anyway, they’re not gone, just sometimes don’t show up in the lower districts, it seems.