GW2 minimizing when I click

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: DarkShine.4129

DarkShine.4129

This is a very strange bug. Today when I went to open up guild wars I went to change my computers volume while it was loading (win 10). This caused my computer to be confused about weather to open guild wars or minimize it. Seems like it decided somewhere in between. The game loaded but when I clicked on anything it would immediately minimize the game. This makes the game unplayable because I can’t click on anything.

I tried doing a fresh reinstall of the game, but that did not fix the problem. Maybe some of the devs/knowledgeable players know of some weird left over registry entries that I may want to clear to help me with this? Thanks!

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Have you filed a support ticket?

Posted by: DarkShine.4129

DarkShine.4129

No, but I did find a somewhat ok work around. If I use gw2 launch buddy to launch it in windowed mode then switch it back to full screen I am fine. I think this may be more of a windows problem, but it only affects gw2’s full screen launching process for some reason.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Seems like Microsoft changed the heuristics — which is of course a fancy word for “guess” — they use to determine if a window is “fullscreen” or not in a way that many games, not just GW2, trip up and cause the thing to show up.

Which is … I can’t even. Suck. Where is your compatibility god now, Microsoft!

Posted by: AshG.1039

AshG.1039

Set GW2.exe to Windows 8 compatibility mode until Microsoft gets their shtuff sorted out.