GW2 pc crashes

GW2 pc crashes

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Lately, quite often, whenever I play gw2 at random times it will cause my pc to crash.
By that I mean, screen starts blanking like there’s no video input, and the lights of my keyboard and mouse go off. But the fans in my pc keep spinning, so it’s not entirely off.

The reason I’m posting it here is because.. this is a GW2 only problem. Fallout 4, Skyim-SE, and other fancy games like GTA 5 still run fine, the problem is completely restricted to GW2. I have done a complete re-install of the game, to no avail.

I have a 2500k i5 3.3ghz cpu, 2×8 RAM, and a nVidia 1060gtx.
All drivers are updated, and reinstalled.

I’ve done all the downtown abbey troubleshooting, so I’m looking for more suggestions to check here. Thanks in advance

GW2 pc crashes

Amaimon.7823

So I checked my event logs and I got the following error:

Source: Kernel Power
ID: 41
Task: 63
Level: Critical

Information: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

From this I can conclude that when GW2 runs, the system suddenly doesn’t have enough power anymore. That seems weird, considering I can run GTA5, overmodded skyrim, and other games, just fine.

GW2 pc crashes

Amaimon.7823

powershell scan:
both windows and my HDD are without faults..

out of options here.. why does my pc suddenly not have enough power when gw2 runs???

GW2 pc crashes

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

What has ANet said in response to your support ticket?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

GW2 pc crashes

Posted by: Ray Koopa.2354

Ray Koopa.2354

That sounds like a typical power supply problem though, or your motherboard. Maybe GW2 stresses it the most or in specific ways it doesn’t like anymore. The eventlog message is stupidly generic and won’t help you more.
Hasn’t rarely been specific to unique applications causing it. Try running a GPU or CPU burn (fuzzy donut or pi calculation or other stupid things) to see if you can reproduce it with that.
Or do it the other way round: Run GW2 at the most pathetic graphics settings, maybe even at 30 FPS limited, and watch if you get crashes again.

(edited by Ray Koopa.2354)

GW2 pc crashes

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

From this I can conclude that when GW2 runs, the system suddenly doesn’t have enough power anymore.

It’s not telling you that you don’t have enough power. The event simply means that the computer was unexpectedly turned off.

Run a memory and CPU stress test. Test the PSU by running a CPU, GPU and disk test at the same time while creating some network traffic. Update your BIOS.

GW2 pc crashes

Amaimon.7823

Well, running at lowest graphics doesn’t help

GW2 pc crashes

Amaimon.7823

What has ANet said in response to your support ticket?

still waiting for that