Game Begins to Act like a Slideshow

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Chris.9708

Chris.9708

Ever since Wintersday has kicked off, a few of my friends and myself have been affected by this problem. After playing for a little while, though still completely random amounts of time, the game begins to chop so much that it looks like we are trying to play a slideshow. The only way to fix it is by closing the game, which has to be closed through task manager because the game goes “unresponsive”. Anybody have any ideas on why this is happening? What did ANet break with the Wintersday event update?

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Ever since Wintersday has kicked off, a few of my friends and myself have been affected by this problem. After playing for a little while, though still completely random amounts of time, the game begins to chop so much that it looks like we are trying to play a slideshow. The only way to fix it is by closing the game, which has to be closed through task manager because the game goes “unresponsive”. Anybody have any ideas on why this is happening? What did ANet break with the Wintersday event update?

Hi Chris. I don’t believe I have seen a report of this. Are you submitting a ticket to Technical Support? Or are you able to submit an in-game report, so the team gets specifics about where you are located and the other details that can help them figure this out.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: avan.2803

avan.2803

I actually issued an in game bug report for this yesterday. We did two fractals and the lag and rubber banding was so terrible for all of us we had to roll NOT to get the swamp. I attached a screenshot in the report with a few of the ips we loaded into but not sure what if anything else would be helpful. We could not distinguish a consistent reason either as we were located at different points on the continent as well as we had a husband/wife team with us sitting next to each other both experiencing random spikes and stalls though not at the same time. Seems to be a common issue since wintersday but this is the first instance I had experienced it with multiple people over an extended time.

Posted by: nachtnyx.7860

nachtnyx.7860

I’ve experienced this as well, thankfully only once, I believe it was the first or second day after the Wintersday patch. Didn’t even think to make a bug report. I was inside the Demongrubs jp cave waiting for a friend to arrive to show them through the jp, which was pretty busy since everyone was trying to get their ornaments. One minute the game was normal, the next it was a slideshow, I think the options menu showed I’d dropped from 50ish to 7 fps. I went to exit the game and it crashed as it was closing. Haven’t had a similar incident since.

Posted by: Aderic.6028

Aderic.6028

It has done the same thing to me about a week ago, a friend of mine (earlier the very same day it happened to me) experienced the sound of a dagger being thrown constantly looping, we were in toypocalypse and his frame rate slowly dropped to 5. He tried to close the game out and it instead crashed.

My personal experience: My sound cut out and my frame rate slowly dropped to about 13 before I logged out to character screen (which didn’t fix the issue, the background was black instead). Upon closing the game, the game crashed.

Posted by: Wiella.8567

Wiella.8567

Happened to me once as well, not sure whether this was after or before the wintersday update.

Was simply staying in LA browsing TP for a few hours and just as the topic author says – game’s FPS dropped to like 5-10 and game simply became unplayable. After closing the game you cannot restart it until you kill the process from the task manager.

A few friends of mine also seen this happen and more often than me, probably this somehow depends on the system/hardware. From what I’ve seen – probably this happens more often on slower hardware configurations.

Posted by: daemonis.2937

daemonis.2937

This bug actually happened to me after doing karka queen, waaaaaay before this Winterday though. the Southsun music was still playing when I went to wvw and slowly my frames went from about 30 to 5 and I didn’t know why. so I closed the game but instead it crashed, and by crashed I mean my whole computer went down with it!

Was the only time it ever happened though, never again since.

IGN: Golemancer Vixxn
Server: Stormbluff Isle
Roleplay, PVP, PVE, and dungeon stuff, say hi if you see me!

Posted by: shew.8469

shew.8469

I also experience this issue and have done for the past 4 days, the game is now unplayable as I have a 2 second lag between each action, please help !!!!