Game Crashing upon New Update

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Syrant.9618

Syrant.9618

Hey guys,

After this new patch, I’ve been crashing upon trying to login from one of my characters.
I don’t know if this ties into everyone logging off for the new build and the spike in logins which I kinda doubt, but is anyone else experiencing this issue?

and how do I go about fixing it (I’ve waited 10 mins or so before logging in and still same issue)

Posted by: cork.3125

cork.3125

I have the exact same issue…. Think the only solution is to redownload all the files

Posted by: Astharoth.6253

Astharoth.6253

me too, hope it’ll be fixed soon

Syrant.9618

I have the exact same issue…. Think the only solution is to redownload all the files

Do you know how to do repair the files other than just deleting all the files and re-downloading them again?

Edit: I found out!

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

try this for now and then if that doesn’t work we should come back to this thread

Posted by: cork.3125

cork.3125

Do you know how to do repair the files other than just deleting all the files and re-downloading them again?

Edit: I found out!

https://help.guildwars2.com/hc/en-us/articles/201863008-Repairing-the-Game-Client

try this for now and then if that doesn’t work we should come back to this thread

Yeah I’m trying this solution for now Thanks!

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

I just crash after I try to log on a character..
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Gw2-64.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 5919fce2
Fault Module Name: d3d9.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 5912210e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000011b1a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: f12b
Additional Information 2: f12b5f3740b1366c70334706937b407c
Additional Information 3: 592d
Additional Information 4: 592de43451136b90928e42e325dfc082

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Posted by: Scyllak.9270

Scyllak.9270

reapairing doesnt work….

Syrant.9618

Yup, repairing my game didn’t work for me either :c

Syrant.9618

Okay, I fixed it!

What I did was locate to the original directory of GW2:
C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2 and move to the \bin64 folder and remove d3d9.dll and restart the game and try logging in! I found this from this user!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/crashing-after-patch/6587914 – Huge thanks to Anarkypt

Posted by: Peureki.3647

Peureki.3647

Okay, I fixed it!

C:\Program Files\Guild Wars 2 and move to the \bin64 folder and remove d3d9.dll and restart the game and try logging in! I found this from this user!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/crashing-after-patch/6587914 – Huge thanks to Anarkypt

Can confirm too. This worked for me. Thanks

Staff Elementalist – Caesar of [SOS] Darkhaven

Posted by: CalenDB.2376

CalenDB.2376

Please fix this! SweetFX no longer working…

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

Sounds like you guys are running ArcDPS or some other game modification that hasn’t been updated yet to work with the new build.

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

Please fix this! SweetFX no longer working…

That is a SweetFX problem. Any software that hacks the rendering pipeline is potentially broken after a patch, and it’s absolutely unsupported by anet.

(Also, technically, against the ToS, not that SweetFX is likely to cause you any trouble or anything unless it ends up being usable to see through walls or something.)

Same deal as DPS meters, VoIP overlays, etc, etc.

Posted by: Amberleigh.2158

Amberleigh.2158

After all the updates, I try to log on to get to the character screen, but before that comes up I get a screen that says Unable to initialize 3D output. Please verify that you have installed DirectX 9 and an updated video driver.
I’ve never had any problems until now. Please help. I’m not very computer savvy.
Thanks.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can try this, from the post above:

Okay, I fixed it!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/crashing-after-patch/6587914Huge thanks to Anarkypt

Posted by: LordCanti.7124

LordCanti.7124

I’m getting all kinds of Crashes since the update. Can’t even log into my main anymore. :<

Posted by: WickedRabies.7036

WickedRabies.7036

I was running fine last night.
This morning? I can’t even update without crashing.
I have tried the repair suggestions with no change, game crashes before it can begin.

LordCanti.7124

I have now just taking to trying to download the game all over again. :<

SlippyCheeze.5483

The most common cause of these crashes are out of date things in the rendering pipeline: DPS meters, sweetfx/gemfx, VoIP overlays, performance monitoring like RivaStatisticsServer or Afterburner, etc.

Remove those, and see if the problem persists.

LordCanti.7124

Never used any of those things.

WickedRabies.7036

I don’t use third party tools outside TeamSpeak3. But that isn’t tethered to GW2.
I tried Canti’s approach and have tried re-installing the game, but I can’t even do that.

LordCanti.7124

I deleted the whole games folder and then just reinstalled using the Gw2Setup-64.exe to get a fresh start. So far it seems to have worked, as I can now log in again but, I’m still downloading all the maps.

I hope when all is said and done the crashing won’t be a thing anymore. :x

WickedRabies.7036

I deleted the Guild Wars2 folder from my programs list, too. This also doesn’t help.

LordCanti.7124

Well, I can say my download keeps crashing. =/

Posted by: Alighieri.5416

Alighieri.5416

I have issue since get updated, too. I launch game in 17/05/2017, download new updates and then when click “Play” button nothing is heppend. I already was reinstall game, nvidia drivers, trying -window, -repair options on gw2.exe shotcut, remove all gw2 files on dist (in appData folder). Steel when click on “Play” button nothing is happend – no error at all, just window is closing. But i have windows updates in 16/05/2017, maybe it cause issue.

Posted by: Alighieri.5416

Alighieri.5416

I have issue since get updated, too. I launch game in 17/05/2017, download new updates and then when click “Play” button nothing is heppend. I already was reinstall game, nvidia drivers, trying -window, -repair options on gw2.exe shotcut, remove all gw2 files on dist (in appData folder). Steel when click on “Play” button nothing is happend – no error at all, just window is closing. But i have windows updates in 16/05/2017, maybe it cause issue.

Updated:
I fix my issue when read this topic – https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/support/Windows-10-Creators-Update-causing-issues . After exit from RivaTuner app, i launch game. I don’t know why but before windows 10 update, i play in guild wars 2 with RivaTuner fine.

SlippyCheeze.5483

Windows 10 has changed … something. The rendering path that a bunch of different overlay things used to use, like RivaTuner, changed somehow, and it causes them to crash and burn now.

Posted by: GreyWolf.8670

GreyWolf.8670

Update seems broken. Just got the repair dialog, too. No patches/hacks at all. Been on Win 10 CU for over a month with no problems. Killing the repair task and restarting does NOT trigger the repair dialog again.

Posted by: Amberleigh.2158

Amberleigh.2158

If you have Premier Opinion get rid of it. It conflicts with GW2. Hopefully that may work.