Game crashed and now cannot log in

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: B is for Bass Players.9845

B is for Bass Players.9845

So I am at the daily JP in Diessa, I open the chest and CRASH. oO

Now I cannot get past the character selection screen, after several tries. Something amiss?

Posted by: Sojourner.4621

Sojourner.4621

You’re not the only one. Seems to be server connection issues.

Posted by: MarMaster.6241

MarMaster.6241

Fighting Jade Armor Construct in Bloodstone Fen .
Login Server Not Available and some extra blah blah blah.
“The game client was unable to connect to the log-in server . . . .”

Dragonbrand (JQ) [FIRE]bats ~ Trusted member of the Universe
Mar Steadfast G, Silent Intrigue T, Mar Fidget Engi, Mar Fierce W, Silent Awe M
In GW2 since BWE1 ~ ~ ~ Guild leader of Legio Romana [LR], too

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I had a similar issue, and now can’t even access the log-in server.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: HnRkLnXqZ.1870

HnRkLnXqZ.1870

Had a small disconnect, and now I also cannot go any further than login screen of the game. Login at the forums nearly took 3 minutes, re-opening this thread more than 5 minutes.

banana principle, I’ll try again in a few hours.

dulfy-effect: Knowledge is power. But without fame, you are just a freak.

Posted by: Sarge shot Grif.6450

Sarge shot Grif.6450

Posted by: Deadly Moonshiner.1354

Deadly Moonshiner.1354

According to GW2 twitter, Anet brought down the servers for unscheduled maintenance…

I guess all the Tyria engies got an urgent request to report to Lion’s Arch and bring their wrenches…

Posted by: Scruffy.3982

Scruffy.3982

Same problem here – and really difficult to login to forum as well.

Posted by: Nogothanc.5014

Nogothanc.5014

Same here. Logged in for today and got myself some shiny. Was in the process of dying armor as game crashed. No login possible:

(Code=19:9:13:1498:101).

Just tried it again an now Error Code: 58:11:5:535

Posted by: Kolinkar.4167

Kolinkar.4167

Same here. On a MacBook Pro. Forum seems very slow as well.

The relentless pursuit of mediocrity.

Posted by: Juno.5761

Juno.5761

I am having the same issues. Thought maybe it was because of the patch they just put out but I guess they took down the servers?? Anyone know how long we are gonna be locked out??

Posted by: Chrono.6928

Chrono.6928

Also can’t log in. Keeps saying something about a firewall and restart the client. Restarted the client and my internet router and pc and nothing is fixing it.

Posted by: Marcel.1857

Marcel.1857

On twitter they mean:
“Wir werden die Server für eine unplanmässige Wartung herunterfahren. Wir teilen euch mit, wenn die Wartung vorbei ist.” Source.
It means in english: The server are unscheduled shut down for maintenance . They inform us when the server are up again.

The reason for the maintenance :

“There’s a bug in today’s release that can cause soulbound items in an inventory bag other than your first bag to become soulbound to a different character on your account. We can fix the bug with no damage done, except we can’t straightforwardly fix it if you’ve moved one of those incorrectly soulbound items into bank storage. We’ll have to work on a solution for characters in that state. To prevent additional players from getting into this state, we’re going to shut down the game servers until we can fix this bug. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Mo" Source

(edited by Marcel.1857)

Posted by: seyhzade.3401

seyhzade.3401

Yeah, got same problem like u guys. Plus i logged into my account on website on 4th try :/. Ws fightin on WvW server =(

Posted by: Eragon.8234

Eragon.8234

Posted by: Eleswer.4756

Eleswer.4756

Looks like they temporary shut down everything for the maintenance.Hope that they can get it done before 3.30am gmt.Got a triple trouble run later.

Posted by: Goddess Dana.5387

Goddess Dana.5387

ok so this is from Mike O’Brien post about the “soul bound to another character” post…..and its the sole reason for the intentional new patch.

There’s a bug in today’s release that can cause soulbound items in an inventory bag other than your first bag to become soulbound to a different character on your account. We can fix the bug with no damage done, except we can’t straightforwardly fix it if you’ve moved one of those incorrectly soulbound items into bank storage. We’ll have to work on a solution for characters in that state. To prevent additional players from getting into this state, we’re going to shut down the game servers until we can fix this bug. We apologize for this inconvenience.

Mo

Then I received this from a ticket: At this time we are aware that there is a client side server outage and this is inhibiting some players from loading the game. This outage is intentional as there was a widespread bug with the most recent patch that was interfering with souldbound items cause them to read, Soulbound to another character" We ask for your patience at this time.
Please let us know if your still experiencing issues after the server side error is fixed-GW

Soooo… just check back now and then and if you see a fresh download patch…cross those fingers!! Play hard and have fun

Posted by: Eleswer.4756

Eleswer.4756

still cant log in for now hahahaha.kitten triple trouble is in 15 mins

Posted by: UAEMAX.9453

UAEMAX.9453

Error Code: 58:11:5:535

Posted by: Goddess Dana.5387

Goddess Dana.5387

“At this time there isn’t an ETA, but there are live updates on our twitter account which we recommend following to keep up with this outage”- GM Bug Juice

I do not nor do I want twitter. Anyone have and follow, shout out an update this forum now and then please. Thank you to everyone who has helped get us info about this. Happy gaming