Game crashes since patch of 13/14th december

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aphugel.7940

Aphugel.7940

Game keeps crashing since last patch. I get to the black screen that comes before char selection, then crash.
Any solutions? Re-installing a good idea?

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

I have same problem itstarted few hours ago,i did play after a patch but now i get log in screen -character select and then when loading of map starts game crushes
,my pc is perfectly ok tested with some graphical programs

Posted by: Deathtome.5930

Deathtome.5930

I am having the same problem it worked last night, but now its not working i starts up checks version. It logs in then click play you pick a character then a loading screen comes up then the game just closes back to game launcher. it doesn’t matter if you pick any hero in different zones or if you make a new one. I’ve even tried to run the repair for the game it didn’t seem to have any problems. my brother is having the same issue we share net.

Posted by: theoneparttwo.9561

theoneparttwo.9561

I am also experiencing this crash. I log in and select a character, the game then begins to load only to be taken back to the game launcher.

Posted by: Rihivan.7506

Rihivan.7506

Up I am crashing as I am waiting for character selection screen to load.

Posted by: BlackMoon.9734

BlackMoon.9734

It happens to me and my brother as well… the exact same problem

Posted by: Abir.1375

Abir.1375

I am having the same problem it worked last night, but now its not working i starts up checks version. It logs in then click play you pick a character then a loading screen comes up then the game just closes back to game launcher. it doesn’t matter if you pick any hero in different zones or if you make a new one. I’ve even tried to run the repair for the game it didn’t seem to have any problems. my brother is having the same issue we share net.

i have the exact same prb as u have, game was just fine 14 hours ago but now this problem. i have tried deleting local.dat , repairing client but no use.

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

I’m getting the same issue here…. this has happened after previous patches.

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I have been crashing since the new content was released on 10th. The crashes are random and happens at different moments (one was even just when I turned my camera around). But it coincided with me installing a new graphic card on Tuesday, so I’m not sure if it’s the game or what not.

Posted by: Aphugel.7940

Aphugel.7940

I un-installed, redownloaded and installed. Works now.
Good Luck.

shadow.6174

And game just crashed on me while switching characters…

Posted by: BlackMoon.9734

BlackMoon.9734

There should be an easier way than to put you through the agony of un-installing, re-download, and install, especially for people who doesn’t have a super-fast connection.

Posted by: theoneparttwo.9561

theoneparttwo.9561

Good Luck.

I did the same, and likewise the game works now.

There should be an easier way than to put you through the agony of un-installing, re-download, and install, especially for people who doesn’t have a super-fast connection.

I agree! Took me almost 24 hours :p

shadow.6174

Game still keeps crashing on me at very random situations… I have been sending crash reports every time it happens. Maybe I’m going to report it here too so the thread stay active.

Posted by: zachi.8249

zachi.8249

Good Luck.

wish i could say the same. Mine keeps crashing after redownloading

shadow.6174

Pictures can say more than words… :P

Attachments:

(edited by shadow.6174)

shadow.6174

..and here it goes again…

Attachments:

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah same i couldnt even log in on my mes for some time. and also the getting stuck in my mes ha gotten worse and worse

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

shadow.6174

It has happened at very random moments (since from simply switching chat tabs to changing some game setting) that makes it hard to reproduce or track down a cause. I just recalled there is more info on that Crash Report window that pops up, if I take another pic as above I’ll get it with that options expanded. Maybe I can find a common factor for those crashing…

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

What was the original cash message ? Maybe something about “out of memory” and are you maybe still using 32-Bit Windows ?

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

shadow.6174

yeah, maybe noting what’s in that Crash Report can help to track my crashing…

Attachments:

shadow.6174

What was the original cash message ? Maybe something about “out of memory” and are you maybe still using 32-Bit Windows ?

If it was to me, I’m running Windows 7 32 bits on a PC with a 2 GB DDR5 128 bits graphic card, 6 GB of RAM and Intel Dual Core 2.7 GHz. I don’t think my issue would be “out of memory” although the latest Crash Report mentioned “Arena ‘Default’ capacity exceeded”. I’m paying attention to these details to see if it’s always the same issue. It has started after the patch mentioned on the OP, game worked fine before.

shadow.6174

what more can I say.. it’s getting annoying as I can’t find a pattern..

"*--> Crash <--*
OOM: arena=Default, cat=Gr Texture, allocBytes=1048704, arenaBytes=264237168, fallbackBytes=8643908, align=0 ,

[..]

*--> System Memory <--*
Physical: 843MB/ 3327MB 25%
Paged: 3430MB/ 6652MB 51%
Virtual: 127MB/ 2047MB 6%
Load: 74%

[..]

*--> Error Logs <--*
tempting again
TRY_ALLOC failure on arena(Environment) category(Prop Packfile) size(61540) whiteBox(false). Evicting unused model files and attempting again
[this same line above repeated about 6 times]
Content is referencing a propID that doesn’t exist propId=’1600442086851641877’
TRY_ALLOC failure [..] attempting again
Content is referencing a propID that doesn’t exist propId=’1600409226056860175’
Texture ’0x02ea0f’ dimensions too small
Loading ’0’ texture failed
Texture ’0x02ea0e’ dimensions too small
TRY_ALLOC failure on [...]
Texture ’0x02ea07’ dimensions too small
Loading ’0’ texture failed
Texture ’0x02ea06’ dimensions too small
Texture missing mip chain: 0x064152
Texture missing mip chain: 0x064150"

of course, as a non-developer I can’t understand it all, but it’s clear a lot of thing is getting failure...

(pic isn’t related to the text above, but the one on pic happened just before the text above)

Attachments:

(edited by shadow.6174)

Beldin.5498

If it was to me, I’m running Windows 7 32 bits on a PC with a 2 GB DDR5 128 bits graphic card, 6 GB of RAM and Intel Dual Core 2.7 GHz. I don’t think my issue would be “out of memory” although the latest Crash Report mentioned “Arena ‘Default’ capacity exceeded”. I’m paying attention to these details to see if it’s always the same issue. It has started after the patch mentioned on the OP, game worked fine before.

32-Bit Windows can only handle 4 GB memory in total, and whats the real problem is, only 2 GB per application. Since the video memory that a monitor screen needs is also included in that 2 GB the game crashes as soon as GW2 wants more than maybe 1,6-1.7 GB ..

The only real fix for you is to use 64-Bit Windows that can at least use 4GB even for 32-Bit applications.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

shadow.6174

32-Bit Windows can only handle 4 GB memory in total, and whats the real problem is, only 2 GB per application. Since the video memory that a monitor screen needs is also included in that 2 GB the game crashes as soon as GW2 wants more than maybe 1,6-1.7 GB ..

The only real fix for you is to use 64-Bit Windows that can at least use 4GB even for 32-Bit applications.

Yes, I know 32 bits system can handle only 4 GB (a bit less than that actually) and I’m aware about that “wasted” RAM on my system (too lazy to format and reinstall stuff for now lol). But the question is: for some reason does it mean that GW2 is requiring some more RAM now? Game had been working fine for about 10 months but after last patch I get crashes like everyday. If you see my previous post I had about 25% of free RAM when game crashed, so I don’t think my issue is lack of memory. Also, I have added a 2 GB new graphic card, what freed 2 GB (or less) from RAM that was before used for video.

shadow.6174

Here we go again…

Attachments:

Beldin.5498

New / more textures to load due to wintersday .. maybe more players due to holidays, that all makes the game need more memory.

shadow.6174

Yes it makes sense, but the Crash Report itself says I had about 30% of free RAM... And if that would be the reason in my case, it would happen only at LA, that’s not the case as it may crash at anywhere... Anyhow, here goes one more to collection.. >.>

Attachments:

Beldin.5498

You have maybe 30% free of your total memory that is maybe around 3,7 GB .. however like i said before GW2 can only use 2 GB minus Video-Memory .. so it will crash when it needs around 1,7 gb ..

The only REAL solution is to upgrade to 64-Bit, since even older MMOs like AoC or Lotro already had that problem, and future MMOs will also maybe have it.

Else you can just turn down all your settings and maybe even use a lower screen resolution.

shadow.6174

I think there may have some misunderstanding here and the thread may be going out of the subject posted on the OP… Anyhow, I’m already on a low resolution (1024×768) and it said I had 30% free RAM “when” the game crashed. I don’t think the game would require more than 1 Gb of RAM all at once and I have even crashed when using low settings (I usually lower them when going to LA or doing some crowded events). I’m aware that my system would work better if upgrading to 64 bits, I just couldn’t do it yet. But what’s weird is I have been playing for about 10 months, passed through several Living Stories and patches and I never had seen that Crash Report coming up, but on the last weeks it has been very frequent or even daily… :S

Oh and lets take a look at the game requirements…

Windows Minimum System Requirements
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.0 GHz, Core i3, AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 or better (I have a Dual Core 2.7 GHz)
2 GB RAM (I have about 4 GB of usable RAM)
NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800, ATI Radeon™ X1800, Intel HD 3000 or better (256MB of video RAM and shader model 3.0 or better) (My video card has 2GB of video RAM, a NVIDIA GTX 650)
25 GB available HDD space (I have a lot more of free space than that :P)

So I don’t think my system is so incompatible.. if it’s true then that page should change the minimum requirements :/ I agree that all what has been said makes all sense, I just don’t see it applying to my case.

shadow.6174

*sighs*it’s getting really annoying… here we go again…

—> Crash <—
OOM: arena=Default, cat=Gr Texture, allocBytes=1048596, arenaBytes=295069104, fallbackBytes=12221010, align=0 ,
App: Gw2.exe
Pid: 3492
Cmdline:
BaseAddr: 00400000
ProgramId: 101
Build: 27836
When: 2014-01-06T22:01:46Z 2014-01-06T20:01:46-02:00
Uptime: 0 days 1:09:55
Flags: 0 <— related to the first pic.

Attachments:

(edited by shadow.6174)