Game crashes when entering wvw golems

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aitadis.8269

Aitadis.8269

Ever since the August 6th content release my game has been crashing whenever I interact with golems in wvw. It doesn’t happen every time I would say about 10-20% of the time whenever I try to enter or leave a golem it will freeze and crash. I completely reinstalled the game to try to fix it but that did not work. Not sure if I am alone or if this is a known issue.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Aitadis.8269

Is anyone else having this issue, its getting really aggravating especially since it only started happing to me on the August 6th patch… I’m a golem person, I go through dozens almost each matchup and this is really affecting my gameplay in wvw.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

I’ve also had this happen on several occasions, once I got frozen 6 times in one night trying to attack a borderlands, while entering or exiting golems.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Aitadis.8269

I’m still having this issue and it is very frustrating, is this a known bug and is their a fix in the works anytime soon.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Aitadis.8269

I think I might bump this every time I crash trying to enter/exit a golem in wvw from now on. This is really kittening annoying since it never use to happen, you broke it with the August 6th patch.

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Posted by: BillFreist

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Could you post the crash details if you get one when it crashes? Just paste the entire crash report details from the prompt. It’ll probably be more than a post will allow, so you attach it as a text file

Thanks,
-Bill

Posted by: Da Sonic.6521

Da Sonic.6521

At least when it happened to me, the game didn’t give me the option to send a crash report, it just froze and I had to go to my Task Manager and kill the application. I know a guildie was having similar issues the past few weeks too.

Genesis Theory [GT] (HoD)

Aitadis.8269

Could you post the crash details if you get one when it crashes? Just paste the entire crash report details from the prompt. It’ll probably be more than a post will allow, so you attach it as a text file

Thanks,
-Bill

I put 3 different crash reports in the txt file for you, I can get a lot more but 1 alone is probably enough.

Attachments:

Illusionary Mesmer
[oof] Crystal Desert

Posted by: Topher.1684

Topher.1684

We were noticing this a few nights ago, I wasn’t the one who crashed, but the person who was said it was when ever he interacted with one of those Box of Fun (don’t ask why he tried it several times…).

Posted by: Kivan.2540

Kivan.2540

I’ve had a similar problem when entering WvW, I play most nights and first noticed it a couple of days ago when the game froze on the borderlands loading screen, I had to c-a-d and shut down the client. Happened again tonight, I spawned at the citadel waypoint and the game froze. Shut down, re-queued and got in fine. It’s happened 2-3 times so far.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah i wanted to refresh a golem and booom crashed.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood