Game doesn't work anymore

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

Hey there, I’d like to ask what to do now, I opened my Guild Wars 2 Client, and it’s stuck on downloading 0kb/0kb/sec. My connection is 100% everything works, except gw2 client. I tried the -repair and the other -commands. ipconfig/flushdns didn’t do anything.. nothing is solving the issue.

Please help.

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: sakura.7961

sakura.7961

Have you tried restarting your computer? Maybe a silly question but it’s worked for me before. Restart and then do the repair command, see if that works.

More violets, less violence.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Also, make sure your firewall isn’t blocking the game executable.

Posted by: lorddavito.2395

lorddavito.2395

Firewall isn’t blocking, tried all alternative file names, rebooted my pc 10times+ nothing works.

It’s now stuck on ’connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

I’m so kittenng done

-Sâmbuca

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It means it can’t connect to the patch server. Enable logging and try to use ArenaNet’s primary server:

Gw2.exe -log -assetsrv 64.25.41.2

If that fails, open the log in notepad to see what it’s doing (%appdata%/Guild Wars 2/Gw2.log), though this won’t show much if you’re simply failing to connect. Open a command prompt (cmd.exe) and enter the following command to ensure that you can actually reach the server:

ping 64.25.41.2

If the ping fails however, you probably wouldn’t be reading this, as it’s all hosted in the same location.

To rule out other software causing the problem, reboot into safe mode with networking enabled by using msconfig, boot tab.

You can run the following commands (open cmd.exe as an administrator) to reset the network protocols, which other software may hook into and break:

netsh winsock reset
netch int ip reset