Game forgets where I logged out

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Bollocks.4078

Bollocks.4078

I’m seeing this a lot lately.

I was in LA, I WP’d to Metrica Province and played there for a bit and logged out. When I logged in little bit later I’m in LA again. Why does that happen?

Another char I have in starter areas will log out and when I log in again I’m at the entrance to the area rather than where I was when I logged out.

This is getting very annoying and frustrating.

Bollocks.4078

Just happened again. Was in Caledon Forest. Logged out and when I logged in again later I’m at the entrance to the Grove, not where I was when I logged out

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried a -repair of the client, in case of corrupted file(s)?

Good luck.

Posted by: Ashantara.8731

Ashantara.8731

Usually, this only happens when you are on a character, then go to the character selection screen, then immediately select and play the same character again.

If this happens also when you log out, then I suggest you contact support after trying the -repair process without a positive result.

(edited by Ashantara.8731)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Repairing the client doesn’t fix this as I still run into it immediately after. I just hop onto another character, go to character screen, and then back to the original character to prevent this.

Posted by: aXDuONGH.1654

aXDuONGH.1654

Doesn’t sound like a client-bug to me. The char position is saved on their server.

Bollocks.4078

Thanks for the replies and advice. I hadn’t noticed before but it does seem to be when I log out to char selection and then log back into the same char. Logging into another char first is a nice workaround as long as I remember to do it. This is definitely still a bug. It started happening a lot to me right about the same time as the first PoF beta weekend.