Game hard locking since maintenance update

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: zIP.2345

zIP.2345

Hi Anet. I’ve been encountering a recurring hard lock issue during my play session today. It’s the first time I’ve logged in since last night’s massive maintenance update.

It has now happened to me 3 times in an hour in WvW – and just happened to me again running around Southsun Cove.

It is a full hard lock, with the game freezing – I have to use Ctrl+Alt+Del and end my GW2 process everytime this happens.

In WvW, it has crashed on me when out of combat (the first time was just getting into Eternal Battlegrounds, and it crashed as I was running out of the spawn area), other times while I was in combat. As you can imagine, logging back in as dead and having to pay the armour repair bills is not fun at all, especially since these crashes are now happening so frequently. I’m now leery of even booting up the game at all as I mainly play WvW these days, and am not keen on becoming broke from false armour repair bills due to crashes.

Nothing else has changed on my system; I literally logged off GW2 last night when the maintenance hit (I’m from the Oceania region), and logging back into the game this evening was the beginning of the constant crashes. Previously, the only time GW2 would crash on me would be after 8 hour + sessions of WvW, and then only very rarely (we’re talking about once or twice in the last couple of months). Also when it used to crash, it would go to a bug report window – not this consistent hard lock issue.

So:

A) Is anyone else experiencing hard locks since the maintenance update?
B) Is there any info I can provide that might narrow down the cause of this issue?

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

I noticed this also.
Game client just hangs.
In the beginning (2-3 months) I had absolutely no crash.

Posted by: ppenguin.3465

ppenguin.3465

Same happening to me. Hard locking since maintenance update. In Harathi Hinterlands last night doing the full string of events there and I got Hard Locked at least every 10 mins! It was crazy. Never locked up before this update.

Only other issue i have had for awhile is when i zone into an area, i tend to jump in and out of areas a lot to hit key points or accomplish a few tasks. When i do that, on the 4th or 5th zone in I get booted with the box pop-up about sending an error report.

I have a wireless Cable modem connection with a strong signal so not sure why that happens other than it being wireless.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Please let us know which servers you’re on, and if there’s anything you’re doing right before you lock up. i.e. getting an achievement, changing maps, etc.

Thanks!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: XXAshkoreXX.1359

XXAshkoreXX.1359

I’m on Dragonbrand server and 5/10 times I try to WP or do anything with a substantial amount of people on screen (The Maw, WvW for example) my game crashes or gets stuck on loading screen. I have had this problem since the January patch; my main character tried to wp to Beetletun Waypoint and the game crashed. Now every time I try to go on that character, it just instantly crashes.

ppenguin.3465

I’m on Blackgate. The biggest problem this is causing is that i can’t go into dungeons nor WvW since the constant lock up in dungeons would hurt my group and in WvW = deaths.

Not doing anything specific when it happens just killing mobs whether that be in Meta Event in Hinterlands or in Queensdale killing mobs or anywhere. Its happened when there is barely anyone around and when its the Meta Event and 20 people are there. Doesn’t seem to affect that.

The zoning into different zones crashing me with the error reporting box pop-up has been happening since the beginning and its every 4-5 zone ins. My computer is above requirements needed to play and near recommended. So, i think that issue is due to my wireless connection which is a fast cable modem, but think the wireless is the issue (not my wireless modem) but for some reason its having problems only playing GW2, was fine on SWTOR or watching movies, etc.

Please fix this new error since maintenance update at least as this has become a major issue for many people. I love GW2 and have been playing every event (except Lost Shores – working when single event happened errrr) and played everyday this month – now getting locked up is incredibly frustrating.

(edited by ppenguin.3465)

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

To clarify, I’m looking for more information on when you experience a game freeze (i.e. game goes unresponsive, have to close the game via the Task Manager) as noted in the OP. Is this still happening?

On another note, if you’re crashing and receiving a crash report window, then that’s another, separate issue. You should submit the crash report with as much information as possible.

Thanks, everyone!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

ppenguin.3465

Jason, yes game goes unresponsive and i have to close game via Task Manager. And it happens randomly, it has happened in multiple zones, Hinterlands, Queensdale, LA, Fireheart Rise, and Iron Marshes so far. Sometimes while running, other times during event, or during fight. I have been doing only PvE and I’m on Blackgate server. Hope this info is helpful.

With the crashing and getting a crash report window, i submit a crash report each time.

Thanks Jason

Posted by: Khai.6435

Khai.6435

Server: Fort Aspenwood
Symptom: Game freezes upon zoning between maps; usually happens after ~30 minutes of gameplay and 1-3 zones
Response: Have to completely shut down system; operating system becomes unresponsive. Cannot close the game via the task manager.