Can you please explain me that ping?
http://i62.tinypic.com/2eav3h2.jpg

Really bored of this.

Game ping compared to google ping.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

Just to start:
Google has servers all over the world, and your pings are routed to the nearest. GW2 servers are only in 2 data centers in the world in NA and EU, so your traffic needs to go there.

There are many other issues that your high pings could be caused by, including all kinds of ISP chicanery that Arenanet has no control over. A single screenshot showing high pings really doesn’t help determine what the problem is and whether you or Arenanet can fix it.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Yup, you cannot compare ping to two completely different servers, the path to them are different then their ping/time will be different (like Tamasan explained). If you were pinging GW2 servers through Ping utility and then both would be different, so that would be another case.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The screenshot shows nothing other than you’re lagging ingame. It doesn’t prove or show what is the cause of the problem. Try using PingPlotter and post the results.

Posted by: irk.2047

irk.2047

The first 3 replies are correct, it needs to be the same server to show this kind of issue. However, ping over 2k is obviously a problem with the game. I mean, if you were on a server that is on the other side of the world you would have <300 ping even if you had just a decent connection

There is an issue with server connections regardless of whether the image provided is solid proof or not just because of how high the ping is.

I have also experienced the ping issue. Typically I have 50-80 ping in GW2, but lately it spikes over 1,000 and sometimes sits around 120-150 for no reason.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

The first 3 replies are correct, it needs to be the same server to show this kind of issue. However, ping over 2k is obviously a problem with the game. I mean, if you were on a server that is on the other side of the world you would have <300 ping even if you had just a decent connection

There is an issue with server connections regardless of whether the image provided is solid proof or not just because of how high the ping is.

I have also experienced the ping issue. Typically I have 50-80 ping in GW2, but lately it spikes over 1,000 and sometimes sits around 120-150 for no reason.

No, that’s not true…

The problem could very likely hardware related. Last fall I had a modem that was the reason for me dropping packets constantly and spiking up to 7000-13000 ms ping sometimes.

If the problem was the game itself then quite obviously everyone would be suffering which is not the case.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

No, that’s not true…

The problem could very likely hardware related. Last fall I had a modem that was the reason for me dropping packets constantly and spiking up to 7000-13000 ms ping sometimes.

If the problem was the game itself then quite obviously everyone would be suffering which is not the case.

There are many people suffering from lag quite recently. The problem is existent and I’m glad I’m currently not affected by it. The only thing I noticed was a severe chat delay yesterday evening between 7pm and 10pm (GMT+2)…

However, just because “not all players are suffering” that doesn’t mean there isn’t a problem. It could be one specific route to the ANet servers causing this, and everyone using that route, would be affected. That wouldn’t be the first time btw.