Gem store not working for me

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

Q:

My gaming computer has decided to crap out. Right now I’m using a machine, that’s not terrible… good graphics etc… but for some reason since I started coming into GW2 with it I am unable to access the Gem store in the TP. I can access the other two items but when I bring up the gem store I am unable to select any clickable area on the screen.. They just all basically are grayed out.

I did the -repair just in case that would solve the issue but it didn’t help.

… just call me … Tim :)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You might try clearing the GW2 cache. Instructions found in the Knowledge Base accessed via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Search – Troubleshoot Trading Post’.

Good luck.

Balthazzarr.1349

That got my hopes up but nope. It seems to almost work at times… where I can select an option and then it becomes unclickable again… It’s just on the gemstore… all other parts of the TP are fine for me.

Can’t wait to get my gaming machine back up and running since GW2 is NOT designed for standard systems. Not even i7 with 8g ram. Not much ram these days but not bad either. sigh

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Actually, GW2 is designed for low-end machines, as well. Part of their design statement.

I use the oft-named potato and I don’t have issue with the Trading Post or Gem Store. I only have 6 GB of RAM, and even when I only had 4 GB, I didn’t have any trouble with the TP/Gem Store.

I don’t think that’s the issue with the browser part of the game.

Balthazzarr.1349

lol, well that may be the case (although the lag that low end machines get in wvw is sad to see) but since I started using this machine the gem store has been unusable for me. Cleared cache, ran -repair, shut down/rebooted…

So regardless how how GW2 might be designed, it’s not working well with my machine. And it’s the ONLY thing I’m having issues with for all the other stuff I run.

Would be nice to get some input from an ANet person on this though.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Would be nice to get some input from an ANet person on this though.

Easy enough: create a support ticket and work with customer service. (Follow the links from ‘Support’ on the top left navbar.)

lol, well that may be the case (although the lag that low end machines get in wvw is sad to see) but since I started using this machine the gem store has been unusable for me. Cleared cache, ran -repair, shut down/rebooted…

So regardless how how GW2 might be designed, it’s not working well with my machine. And it’s the ONLY thing I’m having issues with for all the other stuff I run.

You might be experiencing a browser issue. GW2 uses ‘coherentUI’, 3rd party software that’s designed as an in-game browser, just as Firefox, Opera, Chrome are designed as alternatives to native OS browsers IE (windows) and Safari (mac). Because of how windows integrates browsing into its idea of a seamless user experience, it makes certain choices for us and that sometimes will interfere with how other browsers work, including game-only browsers such as coherentUI.

Troubleshooting is usually a pain. Fortunately, ANet’s customer service staff is paid to do that plus they have experience helping others resolve issues just like the one you described.

Start with them. And please let us know what you find out, so that we’re better able to help the next person.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Balthazzarr.1349

I believe that the browser is the key since the ui seems to use the browser right? I’ve discovered there is some crap on this machine that my daughter managed to get on it.. I suspect it’s what’s causing the issues. I’ll have to try to get this all cleaned up then come back if I’m still having issues.

Thanks for the tip.