Getting disconnected in instances

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Vardok.8609

Vardok.8609

Q:

Hello all,

Over the past couple of weeks I have been slowly finishing the luminescent collections, and thus I have been doing a lot of LS2 over and over again for the achievements. I usually almost never get disconnected but it’s become quite common now, but only while I am in a story instance. I know for sure it isn’t my ISP either because I can instantly log back in after the disconnect; I don’t have to restart the game or my router, or wait for 10 minutes for my net to restart or anything.

I was wondering if other people have experienced a similar issue? It’s been really annoying while trying to get the achievements from Glint's Lair since that instance is quite long.

The error I get is the lost connection to server one and it puts me back in the character select screen. (The error only appears afterwards; the disconnect/log-out itself is instant and can be in the middle of an action; there is no freezing or lag that precedes it at all.)

I’d like to reiterate that this only seems to happen inside (story?) instances so far, which seems really curious to me?

Thank you in advance!

Posted by: Moonie.8721

Moonie.8721

I have witnessed this as well quite a few times. Just last night I was in the Meeting The Asura storyline instance which had been bugged for weeks. As I get to the last step where you Talk to the NPC, there was no response from the F key or right clicking the NPC. I thought the bug had moved to the end of the instance instead of the beginning but then was booted to the Character Select Screen. I logged right back in and ran that storyline instance again… from the beginning… again. /sigh I was able to finish the 2nd time.

Posted by: Glass Hand.7306

Glass Hand.7306

I’ve also had issues with not being able to finish parts of LS2, particularly the ‘Seeds’ chapter. There are places in the story where you have to interact with Asurans and typing ‘F" or clicking on the interact bubble doesn’t initiate the needed action.

Just very frustrating especially since this stuff gates mastery points and is the only source of sinister trinkets.

Moonie.8721

I’ve also had issues with not being able to finish parts of LS2, particularly the ‘Seeds’ chapter. There are places in the story where you have to interact with Asurans and typing ‘F" or clicking on the interact bubble doesn’t initiate the needed action.

Just very frustrating especially since this stuff gates mastery points and is the only source of sinister trinkets.

I believe this bug was resolved with the most recent update. That one got me too and it was frustrating.

Posted by: Will.6829

Will.6829

I experienced the exact behaviour the OP described last night, however, this occurred right before a 5 minute long power cut in my area.

On power return, I carried on playing for a good hour or two more with no cut-off, so I concluded it was simply the power cut. I’ve never experienced a dropout like this during a single player instance ever before.

So I only mention this, at all, simply because the behaviour was precisely what the OP described. Hope this helps in some way…

Moonie.8721

So now I’ve had it happen twice in The Mystery Cave storyline instance. A few nights ago during the last fire ring lighting phase while fighting the dragon. I quit for the night I was so frustrated. Now again today AFTER THE DRAGON WAS DEAD!!! The cutscene started while standing next to THE DEAD DRAGON and poof!, back at the character log in screen. <cries> Must I do it again? Really?! From the very beginning of the instance?! >:( Btw, these two incidents happened on different machines, different networks, different ISPs, different buildings, different towns.

Posted by: Poormany.4507

Poormany.4507

Having the same issue still… Just got DCed from the Mystery cave again and had the same problem a few months ago on my other char. Seems to happen right after cinematics in the instance.