Getting stuck and bug report window

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Puff Pure.8631

Puff Pure.8631

So I got stuck in a rock from using illusionary leap > swap (I guess my clone was attack a hylek near said rock) and I swapped into the rock. But that wasn’t the worst of it, when I went to send a bug report, I accidentally closed the bug report window twice; I was asking for a refund of 9 copper in my report because I had to use the nearest waypoint, (i opened the map to check this cost) then closed it using escape key.. but oh no! Closing the bug report window seemed to be a priority. I think there should be some sort of confirmation when you try and close a bug report with escape, because it is a real pain to type it all out again.

Back on the issue of getting stuck, can we buy insurance against it, and claim back any waypoint charges incurred because we got stuck due to a bug, because I have spent at least 5 silver from getting out of places where I am stuck via a waypoint.

Thanks for reading.

Posted by: Nittles.1582

Nittles.1582

Wait, you asked for 9 copper? Seriously? I’ll send you 9 copper next time I’m on the game. As for the Esc problem, it’s a minor thing, but it should be looked at. It probably just got overlooked because the Bug Report window isn’t up all the time now.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

No, you won’t get reimbursed for getting stuck and having to use a waypoint. The reason for this should be obvious. Zillions of people who aren’t stuck would claim they were stuck at times to get a refund on their waypoint fee. Each would have to be reviewed. It would make the game unsustainable.

It sucks that we get stuck sometimes. If you’re not in combat, you can click on the double swords icon and go into the mists, and then leave the mists and, sometimes, you’re not stuck when you come out. Beats the heck out of paying.

But there isn’t really a good way for them to reimburse everyone who gets stuck. As always it’s those who would abuse the system that screws it for the rest of us.

Puff Pure.8631

I was joking about the 9 copper, (though I did ask for it on the bug report), but if you get stuck on a level 80 its what? 1 or 2 silver not much, but it still sux!

Glad to hear someone agrees about the bug report window!

Puff Pure.8631

Vayne, if people are abusing it then we can just put up the cost of buying the insurance!

Posted by: lettu.7920

lettu.7920

I’m pretty sure there was an option on the key settings that will not let your ESC key close the game options window, not sure if it applies to the report window though..

[Path] of the Immortals – a guild for veterans – Join us!

(edited by lettu.7920)

Puff Pure.8631

Yes that option exists, but it is pants, because closing unimportant windows that you only want to open for a second with esc (e.g checking trading posts profit) is ace! But a bug report is usually a more serious thing, and something to take time over. This causes a dilemma, disable closing all windows with escape (as you suggested), or you keep the fantastic method of closing UI windows. Personally I close with escape more times than I send bug reports, so its a no-brainer for me, but if you have typed out a paragraph (with perfect speeling and grammar), and accidentally close it with escape key, its a bit of a pain-in-the-quaggans!

Posted by: Otaur.9268

Otaur.9268

So I got stuck in a rock from using illusionary leap > swap (I guess my clone was attack a hylek near said rock) and I swapped into the rock. But that wasn’t the worst of it, when I went to send a bug report, I accidentally closed the bug report window twice; I was asking for a refund of 9 copper in my report because I had to use the nearest waypoint, (i opened the map to check this cost) then closed it using escape key.. but oh no! Closing the bug report window seemed to be a priority. I think there should be some sort of confirmation when you try and close a bug report with escape, because it is a real pain to type it all out again.

Back on the issue of getting stuck, can we buy insurance against it, and claim back any waypoint charges incurred because we got stuck due to a bug, because I have spent at least 5 silver from getting out of places where I am stuck via a waypoint.

Thanks for reading.

Never pay to get out of a stuck place… Just use Heart of the mist > lions arch or WvWvW > Lions Arch. Free un-stuck.

Blackfang’s Demon Alliance [BfDA]