Getting stuck in the map/seeing map art issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aoi Ikazuchi.8420

Aoi Ikazuchi.8420

I just logged in to Guild Wars 2 again today after about a month-long hiatus, and when I first log on to the game it takes a loooong time for my characters’ images to load on the character selection screen. That never used to happen before. (see attachment gw145.jpg)

The game takes forever to load, and when I do get in, all I see is a featureless view. (attachment gw143.jpg)

Game notifications appear as normal (attachment gw142.jpg)

I don’t always get a featureless purple view, though. Sometimes it’s teal. (attachment gw144.jpg)

I’d like to stress that the game was working fine a month ago, long before the 14 December patch. I’m inclined to believe that something in the patch broke my game.

Attachments:

“What… is your name?”
“What… is your quest?”
“What… is the capital of Latveria?”

(edited by Aoi Ikazuchi.8420)

Posted by: Wexy.9685

Wexy.9685

I had posted in the previous forum before this specific thread was formed on page 16. I am having the problem where pieces of the environment are randomly appearing and disappearing along with very large blue streaks and lines. I had thought I fixed the problem by updating my video card’s drivers and switching to windowized fullscreen, but today when I logged in, my problems came back.

Posted by: Zionka.6897

Zionka.6897

Timberline Falls jumping puzzle Coddler’s Cove

Orbs are missing on lower graphical settings.

When set to Best Appearance, the orbs are visible allowing the puzzle to be completed.
When set to Best Performance, you see screen shot 2 and there are missing orbs.

Thank goodness I found this post.. It was driving me crazy not being able to make jumps because of the missing orbs on low settings.. To add more info, after I set things to best appearance, I lowered each setting til I saw them disappear again.. Seems you can have everything lowered/disabled, but as long as enviornment is set to at least medium, you will see them. I’d assume that since other orbs are always visible, some dev missed putting in a line of code on a few or something. Should be easy to fix (I hope)

~Jade Quarry Server~

Posted by: IronDogg.3219

IronDogg.3219

Within the mission of The Temple of The Forgotten God, I got stuck between two walls and could not get out.

Attachments:

IronDogg.3219

Another screen shot for the above message:

IronDogg.3219

Another screen shot for the above message:

Attachments:

IronDogg.3219

Sorry for the double posts, weird stuff with either my computer or the website… ???

Here is the second screenshot upload:

Attachments:

Posted by: Laithes.3571

Laithes.3571

Issue near the huntsman’s station in Lion’s Arch, you get radical color changes just by moving the camera to the left or right.

Attachments:

[Fire] Laithes – Level 80 Ranger and proud Commander of Borlis Pass.

Posted by: Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

Screaming Cantaloupe.2308

Either the map is wrong or the bridge placement is wrong but screenshot show I am over the water when I’m actually on the bridge.

Bridge placed in map is non existant.

Attachments:

Posted by: Melanis.8309

Melanis.8309

where is that bridge?

Attachments:

Posted by: Persephone.7436

Persephone.7436

I was in WvW red borderlands doing jumping puzzle while reading on my other screen. Look back at guild wars to find I have fallen into a hole that you cant get out of.

I did not go under the map or in any terrain but I am stuck in this hole and will need to waypoint out. Maybe it is as intended, a punishment hole for people who aren’t paying attention.

Attachments:

Persephone.7436

I was in WvW red borderlands doing jumping puzzle while reading on my other screen. Look back at guild wars to find I have fallen into a hole that you cant get out of.

I did not go under the map or in any terrain but I am stuck in this hole and will need to waypoint out. Maybe it is as intended, a punishment hole for people who aren’t paying attention.

screenshot of map.

Attachments:

Persephone.7436

screenshot of map.

a Mesmer came along and ported me out. Screenshot of above the hole. looking down into it.

Attachments:

Posted by: spiteekins.3150

spiteekins.3150

Soooo, what exactly do I do if I am stuck? I see all of these posts of where they are stuck, but what is the solution to getting out?

Attachments:

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

Tyria floats on a large sea, I’ve seen it in Diessa Plateau.

Shadow Return (thief #2 sword) got me underground, jumping into the void into the water, F12 char select and I returned on the normal surface. Manbane’s Waypoint, the entrance of the spider nest cavern.

where is that bridge?

They used a lot of drawbridges, back in the day before Zaithan flooded it. Maybe this one remains?

Attachments:

(edited by frans.8092)

Posted by: Cacti Eleven.9135

Cacti Eleven.9135

Male asura children have heads that are the same size as adults, while female heads are sized accordingly.

Attachments:

Posted by: DarkGold.8416

DarkGold.8416

Weird HUD spazzems and now all of a sudden when I open any menu the game drops to 7fps, I thought they patched that ages ago because I never got that again from july to today.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEh7bRch8fM&list=UUNU3ErK4qjabP0TtAzZujmw&index=1

Posted by: Apocrypha.4016

Apocrypha.4016

Weird color issue on the ground near the huntsman trainer in Lion’s arch. Only appears when looking at certain angles.

Attachments: