Getting stuck in/to siege

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: deffy.1320

deffy.1320

This happens of course in wvw, yes i have to keep typing /stuck to get release, happens 9 out of 10 times when building siege worse when it is rams, wonder if it is just a warrior issue.

Love a fix, pllleeeaaasssseeee!!!

“Deleted for being inappropriate”

Posted by: Deus Fatorum.2473

Deus Fatorum.2473

have had this too, if you wait a bit and hit “V” to dodge instead of double clicking the move key, it will free you the majority of the time.

Also a Charr Warrior, in case the graphics/profession play a roll in this bug.

Posted by: Jeremiah Lee.2764

Jeremiah Lee.2764

Live Response QA

Please attach screenshots of when you get stuck in any siege.
Thank you!

Posted by: Anjo.3170

Anjo.3170

This happens to me to all the time. As a work around you can swap weapons and that will let you out.

Posted by: Zelothe.9234

Zelothe.9234

Don’t know about swapping weapons but DS for necro, and changing attunement for eles works. No idea why it happens but for me it’s about 1/5 of all cases when building siege, I think the game might at some point think I am using the siege(even though it is already being used by someone else), as it normally defaults you into it, if you are the only person building, which would make the swapping weapon set fix absolutely make sense(if you are using a bundle or siege and swap weapons you drop bundle or stop using siege).

Some people said they didn’t want their players to grind. To which I reply try getting a
legendary weapon in your game without grinding, exploiting, incredible luck, spending
real money or having 100 guildies behind you…

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

This happens to me to all the time. As a work around you can swap weapons and that will let you out.

The funny thing is when it happens you don’t get the siege skills.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: General Secretary.3476

General Secretary.3476

Thank you!

It would be weird since the situation I experienced, on screen I am just standing within a siege engine, nothing more. (all weapon skill and utility skills normal) No other visual indication except you cannot move.

Can do a screenshot next time anyway.

Posted by: gladius.9460

gladius.9460

It often happens when the siege is completed (by someone else) while you are still in the building animation, or if you stop building before the building animation finishes. You are stuck until the interrupted animation would normally finish (or until you teleport or use a movement skill).

(edited by gladius.9460)

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

The last time I got stuck in siege, I could not even see my character for all the equipment and other players all over the area. I could not break loose from it until the fighting was over. I was killed and ended up way pointing out, so I too have experienced being stuck and not being able to break loose.

(edited by lynspottery.6529)

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Mostly this happens while building siege. You get stuck inside after its build.
Swap weapon and you are ok.
Anet how will screenshot help? You will just see guys in siege, anybody can take cover in siege anytine, but stuck there is different.
Just let your devs to loging, at least 10 of them, try to build 20 FR and 20AC’s but dont be foot away from siege, sometimes during the battle you just evade to siege to help it build so you are building it while standing in it. And for sure at least one will be stuck.

Posted by: Luna.9640

Luna.9640

Thank you!

You’re QA right ? Than take the whole QA team to a tower/keep gate and start building RAMs a fast as possible and all focus to build same ram at same time. (you will be able to re-create the bug pretty fast this way)

This thing has something to do with the previously bugged siege that was poping up – “you cannot leave siege while in air” or something like this.I’m pointing this bcoz it started same time with this bug i mentioned up.

Posted by: who want blood.8765

who want blood.8765

whenever i get stuck and cant move atall i jus ttype /dance and that seems to free me every time

Posted by: covenn.7165

covenn.7165

A screenshot doesn’t show anything, because there are usually multiple people powering up siege at the same time. What I can tell you is that this problem has existed for quite a long time and happens every time the build completes while i am in the middle of putting supply into it.

/dance breaks you out of it too by the way as was mentioned earlier.

Posted by: lynspottery.6529

lynspottery.6529

aha…so we have to dance our way to freedom? hehehehhe
:D