Getting stuck in waypoints

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Blueblob.1726

Blueblob.1726

Me and some guild members have noticed that recently we have stated getting stuck inside waypoints. This seems to happen randomly but when it does you can only get out of the waypoint by using a travel skill

Fire Blob
Crystal Desert
Veterans Of the Mists [redt] (r/redditgw2/) -Leader

Blueblob.1726

no one else having this issue?

Fire Blob
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Tribio.8531

Tribio.8531

Stuck inside waypoints? Nope, never saw that.. How exactly can you get stuck in a pillar of light? :/

The Hatreidis family: Freya / Nina / Demonica / Athena / Faith / Arya / Angie / Sansa
Commander – Jam Death [Jd]
Fissure of Woe

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Yup same here…………….

Stuck, can’t get out of the waypoint, can jump up and down, easily cured by waypointing out but of course wasted gold.

Attachments:

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Posted by: Orangensaft.7139

Orangensaft.7139

there are 2 issues i think

1) the screen that Solid Gold posted which is really being stuck in a waypoint
it sometimes happens when you port while you jump and sometimes randomly
i think if you just port 1 more time to the same waypoint that should fix it usually

2) sometimes for example whenyou port to LA your camera will stay at the waypoint for some time until everything has loaded
but on the minimap you can see that your character is moving and you can for example walk to the trait npcs and change traits if you aim with the minimap

We Glitched Out Of All [MAPS]
26x lvl 80 Characters
Most fabulous Character: http://i.imgur.com/5JtcBI1.jpg?1

Posted by: ExTribble.7108

ExTribble.7108

I’m running into this problem too, although it seems more prevalent in certain zones. I got hit with it almost constantly in Lornar’s Pass and Sparkfly Fen, but never in Fireheart Rise… I sent in a bug report ingame, but considering it’s easy to work around (by using rush/dodge/evade skills) I doubt it’s high on their priority list.

“Any lump can hack bad guys to death, but it takes skill
and style to turn them into craters and dust.” -Tonn
Number-crunching for ecto salvages – periodically updated

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

This ALWAYS happens to me in LA when there is mcuh ppl… Every single time since the last patch. It goes away eventually but it TAKES LONG TIME (havent timed it bu surely 20-30 sec sometimes)! Therefor I have started to go to Black Citadel instead for Selling crafting etc…

Kima & Co

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

i think if you just port 1 more time to the same waypoint that should fix it usually

2) sometimes for example whenyou port to LA your camera will stay at the waypoint for some time until everything has loaded
but on the minimap you can see that your character is moving and you can for example walk to the trait npcs and change traits if you aim with the minimap

I was jumping as I was stuck in the wp trying to get out, I wasn’t jumping as I entered the wp.

Don’t matter what I did I couldn’t get out, until I wp’d again (To the same wp).

It’s only JUST started happening to me, never had it before.

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

Blueblob.1726

I was jumping as I was stuck in the wp trying to get out, I wasn’t jumping as I entered the wp.

Don’t matter what I did I couldn’t get out, until I wp’d again (To the same wp).

It’s only JUST started happening to me, never had it before.

i have found that you can get out if you use a movement/teleport skill

Fire Blob
Crystal Desert

Posted by: Shadey Dancer.2907

Shadey Dancer.2907

Yep, stuck inside a way-point, in mid air and screaming as if in mid fall. Only been happening since Clockwork patch.