Ghastly Longbow Bugged Glow [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Alecu.4786

Alecu.4786

I recently purchased a Ghastly Longbow from the vendor, after being pleased with the Ghastly Sword, greatsword, and shield. My disappointment is that the glow at night effect is bugged for the longbow. It glows just when you equip it and the glow disappears right after shooting an arrow, however the bow retains it’s blue hue. Also, none of the weapons glow in the new Fractals of the Mists dungeon, wether it’s a cave fractal, such as the Volcanic Fractal (grawl) or the Underground Facility Fractal (dredge), or an open air fractal, such as the Uncategorized Fractal.

Attachments:

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Hauntmachine.5136

Hauntmachine.5136

I am not sure if this is intentional or not but its lame. I was so hyped during the time i was farming 300 Tears to get this dagger. When i finally got it and transmuted to my level 80 dagger it didn’t glow at night while my friend’s original Ghastly Dagger still glows…..

(edited by Hauntmachine.5136)

Hauntmachine.5136

anyone else has this problem? Apparently its not the transmutation or could. I talked to someone who has a level 80 exotic Ghastly Greatsword and the animation worked fine. Now i am narrowing it down to Transmuting Ghastly Dagger specifically caused this.

Posted by: Lavish.1623

Lavish.1623

It only glows if you are in the zone while it transitions from day to night and not if you log in or teleport to a zone thats already in night cycle. Hopefully its a bug

Posted by: Achtius.4632

Achtius.4632

My ghastly shortbow also doesn’t emit the ‘ghastly effect’ when you attack or when the weapon is stowed (i.e. not drawn). I hope they fix it. While on the subject of ghastly weapon, the short bow doesn’t glow constantly. It fades in and fades out. Is it possible to have to constantly glowing like the axe/warhorn seen on the AC dungeon vendor

(edited by Achtius.4632)

Hauntmachine.5136

So, it is as Lavish had said they only glow if you were in the zone during transition. That sucks lol, hope its a bug i want it to glow whenever the zone is night time and not only when it transition.

Posted by: HoukaKetsueki.6924

HoukaKetsueki.6924

Bought that ghastly dagger without transmutting it. And it still doesn’t glow when it’s night time.

Koko Puffz / Kokoro Chan
Coerce[LOLI]
Tarnished Coast Asian Roamer

Achtius.4632

Just got both ghastly sword and ghastly dagger, they dont’ glow either

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

Thanks for the reports! We’re working on a fix for this issue.

For those who are curious about the cause, it appears that the bug is with the glow only being triggered if you’re in a map when it transitions from day to night, and won’t work if you go to a map where it’s already night.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Lavish.1623

Lavish.1623

Its nice to finally hear that you guys are aware of the problem. Are they suppose to glow in dungeons too? because mine do not.

Posted by: Asmodeus.8042

Asmodeus.8042

You might also want to look into the “Carrion Flame” models for Charr as well

attacking/stowing the weapons turn off all particle effects they otherwise have!

Posted by: ChrisLew.5492

ChrisLew.5492

This is the same with Destroyer weapons. No particle glow unless they’re unsheathed. They could stand to do with a more gaudy particle effect too, seeing how weak the effect is even when unsheathed. Its not worth the money/ resource sink for such a crappy effect.

Posted by: Burai.4370

Burai.4370

The ghastly weapons only glow when I am in the area and it transitions to night. Shouldn’t they glow regardless if it transitions?

Posted by: iCryptik.1496

iCryptik.1496

No, there special “feature” is to glow only at night.

Alshazzär
Tarnished Coast [TC]

Posted by: Zayhne.4763

Zayhne.4763

an easy fix, make them glow all the time!

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

One thing I was wondering about. Why are the weapons simply blue when they’re ‘sheathed’ and only get their ghostly mist effect when wielded?

Why not apply the ghostly mist regardless of it being sheathed or wielded?

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Posted by: Tenma.1784

Tenma.1784

good to see a dev response, cant wait for (hopefully) a fix soon!

Achtius.4632

After waiting a complete cycle, my sword and dagger was finally glowing, but when I switch back to my ghastly bow, it stopped glowing =_=;;

Posted by: Milamber.9387

Milamber.9387

The Ghastly Shortbow acquired through the Ascalonian Catacombs Dungeon reward NPC (Historian Symon) at Lions Arch has a bug.

The texture that is meant to appear during the night doesn’t display once the weapon has been fired. If the weapon is replaced and then re-equipped the animation and texture re-appears, but then disappears once the above is repeated.

Here is a link to the weapon: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_Shortbow

Here are some screenshots:

Attachments:

(edited by Milamber.9387)

Milamber.9387

Milamber.9387

Hi Jason King from Anet.

I can confirm that this problem occurs in all zones regardless of the zone being fixed for night, for example all dungeons are effected.

Posted by: Gibber.3289

Gibber.3289

an easy fix, make them glow all the time!

Seriously, I would consider this, if you gonna take another month with fix

Posted by: Loggahead.5402

Loggahead.5402

The Ghastly Shortbow acquired through the Ascalonian Catacombs Dungeon reward NPC (Historian Symon) at Lions Arch has a bug.

The texture that is meant to appear during the night doesn’t display once the weapon has been fired. If the weapon is replaced and then re-equipped the animation and texture re-appears, but then disappears once the above is repeated.

Here is a link to the weapon: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghastly_Shortbow

Here are some screenshots:

I have this same problem with the ghastly shortbow I dropped 390 tears on. Little did I know that the bows are the only weapons still bugged!? Jeez. How does this kind of thing pass unnoticed throuhg Q&A?

Can you give us an idea when it will be fixed?

Posted by: Stuhac.6254

Stuhac.6254

After more than a month of the pitiful answer the glow keeps being bugged… wish I had not spend all the time getting the tokens + a fine transmutation stone for an effect that does not work.

I wonder how would the concerned people in charge of fixing bugs would feel if they invest +10 hours and get nothing in return… like their salary for example.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Next

I can confirm that we do have a bug on this issue, but I don’t have a estimate of when it will be fixed yet. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

Is the ghastly longbow bugged? When the bow is equipped at night it glows blue and has a nice animation. However, as soon as you attack, the animation disappears and doesn’t come back. The bow stays blue but has no animation, even after weapon swapping. The only way to get the animation to start again is to unequip and then equip the bow (which is pointless because it will disappear again as soon as you attack).

Someone made a video of the bow here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgOasHuT_iE

You can clearly see how the animation stops once he attacks

(edited by Moderator)

Loggahead.5402

I can confirm that we do have a bug on this issue, but I don’t have a estimate of when it will be fixed yet. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Is this ever going to get fixed!?

Posted by: Maddie Bear.3509

Maddie Bear.3509

Also hoping that this gets addressed. As a casual gamer, this took me the better part of two weeks to get. I was pretty excited when I fist purchased it. That didn’t last long…

Posted by: MajorLag.9518

MajorLag.9518

Ghastly greatsword still not glowing.

Asura Mesmer Commander
Majortroll- NZFS leader
nzfs.enjin.com

Loggahead.5402

Yet another patch but still no fix on this…

!?

Posted by: Vagrant.8613

Vagrant.8613

Exploits get fixed in no time but things like this will probably never get fixed

Posted by: GsMax.8523

GsMax.8523

I have the same bug with the Ghastly Shortbow. I know that this bug is from the launch of the game. After they fixed all other Ghastly weapons they didn’t fix the bows.
ANET please answer if a fix is in the works.

Posted by: sergfocus.9137

sergfocus.9137

yea I saw that it doesnt glow on shortbow or longbow when u shoot.. its really strange… its glowing when un-equip it it glow a bit and when u start fire glow disspear

Posted by: The Badger.7049

The Badger.7049

2 months later and the bug is still present with the Ghastly Short Bow. Can we get this looked in to? It’s the only reason to spend the amount of time and tokens for the bow, the skin, and for it not to work is awfully disappointing.

Posted by: Alecu.4786

Alecu.4786

Bump, I really want to know if are there any plans to fix this or not, because otherwise I might just transmute it.

Posted by: ernestsco.7853

ernestsco.7853

I recently got my Ghastly Longbow too. I figured that the only was to get the glow back after loosing it is to unequip it and equip it again. I hope they fix it soon.

Posted by: vigoss.2096

vigoss.2096

The glowing effect on Ghastly Shortbow only shows up to until you give the first shoot and then it disappears very soon.

Is it a bug? Or it is just what the bow is supposed to be? But I saw others AC weapons is always glowing

(edited by vigoss.2096)

Posted by: Calia.1348

Calia.1348

At night it should give of those sparky-thingies. It only gets blueish. Strange thing it sometimes glows properly. Or someone else sees the glow and i don’t at the same moment.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jehuty.7426

Jehuty.7426

Not always, it glows only in dark how i know.. I have GS

Posted by: vigoss.2096

vigoss.2096

Not always, it glows only in dark how i know.. I have GS

when in dark or in the dungeon, it glows at first time, but after i use any skills of the shortbow, it does not glow any appears differently from normal condition

Posted by: cinemapaula.8673

cinemapaula.8673

The animations still appear to be bugged. You pull the weapon out, and its all shiny/swirly but when you USE the bow – the animation disappears and does not come back even when you switch weapons, or put the bow away. You have to entirely unequip the Bow and then put it back on.

Any idea when this might be fixed???

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

Considering that it was reported as early as launch (or even beta?) I’d say… never.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: DrMarkc.5726

DrMarkc.5726

During night the ghastly shortbow only glows when first eqipped, after using any skill the shortbow then loses its glow and is just blue. The shortbow only glows again after re-equipping the weapon, or traveling to a new area.

cinemapaula.8673

I wish people would keep reporting it….

Posted by: FloChan.1956

FloChan.1956

I just got mine, and have same problem, when I use it in battle stops glowing, when my ranger puts the bow on her back its still now glowing…

Very few weapons have an effect, this bow looks so cool but its bugged.

PLEASE FIX IT

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

I have noticed that when I am in an area that causes the ghastly long/short bow to glow, that as soon as I fire either of them the glowing animation goes away (in my view). The only way to get them to glow again is to unequip then re-equip them again. Then as soon I fire either of them again the glow disappears (in my view). However my guild mates say that (in their view) they are always glowing. Why is it that they can see it and I can’t?

Posted by: Calia.1348

Calia.1348

Please please please fix this soon! It’s one of the most beautiful weapons, the design is absolutely awesome – let us enjoy it!

cinemapaula.8673

Has anyone other than the forum Mods even read this? Please Dev’s, fix the bow! Its borked! =D

Posted by: mughzee.3610

mughzee.3610

Just curious if there was an update on this? Bought my Ghastly Greatsword today not know about the bug. Hope to hear something. Thank you.

Posted by: Codata.2019

Codata.2019

The particle effects for the Ghastly Short Bow stop working after I use a skill, which I think is not supposed to happen.