Ghastly Longbow Bug

Ghastly Longbow Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Hello, I’m posting about a bug with the Ascalonian Catacombs Longbow that you can purchase with Tears of Ascalon.

It’s in game name is called “Ghastly Longbow”. I see a lot of people refering to it (as I myself once refered to it) as the “Ascalonian Longbow”.

I figure maybe that’s why when I’ve reported this bug twice in game with the bug report feature, it didn’t seem addressed.

I figure I’d make a forum post and get everything as detailed as I can get it this round. It’s a pretty simple thing.

The Ghastly Longbow has an amazing glowing and particle effect at night and in dark caves like all of the other Ghastly weapons from the AC dungeon set.

It seems to work in stages. At dusk, the bow glows and the particle effect “pulses” on and off for lack of a better word. This works properly.

At night, the bow completely glows a ghostly blue hue and the particle effect is in full swing, a constant thing, like the other AC dungeon weapons.

It’s awesome. But here’s where the bug come in. You lose this awesome particle effect when you fire the bow… and it does not come back.

This isn’t consistent with how every other weapon from the AC dungeon works.

Now when you reload into an area and if it’s night, the glow and the particle effect comes back… until you fire the weapon again.

It’s a very irritating bug because the bow is so cool at night, but you can’t experience it if you actually… use it.

It’s a complete and total bummer. It’s still an awesome bow, it’s cool looking in general.

But the perk of owning an AC weapon for that awesome effect at night… you don’t get to enjoy that if you pick Ghastly Longbow.

It would be wonderful if I could get a dev answer regarding this issue. Some kind of confirmation this will be looked into.

I, and anyone who likes cool haunted longbows would really really appreciate it if this got fixed. Thank you!

Ghastly Longbow Bug

Posted by: Electrapewt.8741

Electrapewt.8741

Just wanted to post confirmation that this is still a bug. Bought an Ascalonian Catacombs Longbow this evening and after firing it the effect disappeared… bummer.

Ghastly Longbow Bug

Posted by: Haebrethil.8960

Haebrethil.8960

I bought this longbow with my ranger. It has aditional issues like the rapid fire skill. I spend 390 ascalonian tears for this weapon. Is Arena Net working to fix it, or just forget it? If dev team doesnt can / want to fix it, then they must to remove it from the vendor. Is really unfair expend many tokens buying a damage item