Ghost Slaying potions cannot be created

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Renegade.6325

Renegade.6325

There are two kinds of undead enemies: Zhaitans Risen and Ascalonian Ghosts.

There are two kinds of potion recipes available: potions of undead slaying (against the risen) and potions of ghost slaying (for ascalonian ghosts).

However, there is no recipe for potions of ghost slaying and they do not drop. For almost all accounts they do not exist, except for the recipe purchasable from Historian Symon. He sells a recipe known as “Extended Potion of Ghost Slaying” for 400 tears.

On use, this recipe unlocks “Extended Potion of Undead Slaying” in my crafting list, not what it claims to unlock.

Clearly there is a set of potions missing from the game still, known as ghost slaying, that do not drop and cannot be crafted.

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

Some official acknowledgement / explanation for this would be nice.

- Al Zheimer

Posted by: They.9516

They.9516

On topic, this is a pretty serious issue that’s being ignored, an item that costs 400 dungeon tokens isn’t working as intended.

Off topic, bumping a thread that’s being ignored by developers doesn’t give moderators the rate to delete posts and kick threads to the back pages. Maybe you guys should go check out the players helping players section where you send threads to die and actually do some good.

Also:
B
U
M
P

Posted by: Lucky.9421

Lucky.9421

Also would like to know.

Posted by: Mojo.8431

Mojo.8431

400 tokens for the potion recipe is a bit much and if you were to craft the potion you might be disappointed, I can craft other extended potions but they’ve lasted 1 hour which I believe it how long powerful potions last
also the extended potions I’ve seen all say 2m in the description, I’m guessing that they are supposed to last 2 hours

Posted by: Uschi.8317

Uschi.8317

Its a visiual bug you encounter when you go over the “yellow” potions. IT shows 2 min. but its actually holding on for 1h.
I was wondering aswell y should I produce such an expensive product if the lower “blue” one has the same effect and even cost less…
I mean something should be better about producing the “yellow” ones… but until now I havent figured out what.

On Guildwars 2 Database Website I have found the referred link to the potion I was looking for but again got disappointed by following to the button and discovering the “undead” slayer potion referal..

NcSoft I know you guys got a freaking lot to do but… thats something needed to be on the priority list.

Renegade.6325

Thanks for fixing, will be cool to try.

Posted by: dtraxx.9168

dtraxx.9168

yes, appreciate this fix.

But there are still no lower ghost slaying potions to explore. Only this one recipe for dungeon tokens.
Is this intended?

Renegade.6325

This is almost as bad as not having the potion. A charged lodestone for 10 of these? Madness?

Posted by: dtraxx.9168

dtraxx.9168

That’s why I am asking for lower potions ^^

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Aside from the Charge Lodestone the “Soulbound on Acquire” also makes it worthless most of the time.

Posted by: Deaths Blossom.9364

Deaths Blossom.9364

SO, gonna bump this dead thread ‘cause there’s some stuff on here that looks like it hasn’t been addressed…

Why are there NO lower forms of this potion? It’s the first dun, shouldn’t there be some low level pots for lvl 35s that wana run it? Shouldn’t some pots drop in the dungeon?

Also, all the other vendors sell pots for 1 Token, along with the recipe. Catacombs armor vendor sells the recipe, but not the pots for 1 Token. Why in the world not?

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Don’t worry. Most enemies are gravelings and spiders so the potion wouldn’t even have any effect.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

SO, gonna bump this dead thread ‘cause there’s some stuff on here that looks like it hasn’t been addressed…

Why are there NO lower forms of this potion? It’s the first dun, shouldn’t there be some low level pots for lvl 35s that wana run it? Shouldn’t some pots drop in the dungeon?

Also, all the other vendors sell pots for 1 Token, along with the recipe. Catacombs armor vendor sells the recipe, but not the pots for 1 Token. Why in the world not?

The only ghost you kill in AC exp is Kholer, and he’s skipped by a majority of groups. So, the potion for ghost slaying would be pretty much useless. However, you do kill a few ghosts in AC story; so it’d kind of make sense for those to be available for that, at least.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Afaik, Gravelings are counted as ghosts.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Oh really? I stand corrected then. Then it really doesn’t make sense for AC to not occasionally drop the ghost slayer potions.

Posted by: Tamasan.6457

Tamasan.6457

I was under the impression that gravelings were considered demons. Please don’t take my word for that, though, its been so long since I heard it and I don’t remember if there was any data to back it up.

(On a related note, the sigils of demon slaying seem to have had their bonus change to +damage against elementals. Since there are sigils of elemental slaying with that bonus, it’s a bit redundant, although as they’re both mostly useless, I guess it doesn’t matter much.)

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

The sigils of demon slaying have ALWAYS been +damage against elementals. Weird, but true. You’d think they’d have been renamed when all the others were fixed.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Oh really? I stand corrected then. Then it really doesn’t make sense for AC to not occasionally drop the ghost slayer potions.

No, he stands corrected.

I was under the impression that gravelings were considered demons. Please don’t take my word for that, though, its been so long since I heard it and I don’t remember if there was any data to back it up.

(On a related note, the sigils of demon slaying seem to have had their bonus change to +damage against elementals. Since there are sigils of elemental slaying with that bonus, it’s a bit redundant, although as they’re both mostly useless, I guess it doesn’t matter much.)

Also tested Demon, no effect.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)