Ghostly Infusions Don't Show up in PvP

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Castanic.1504

Castanic.1504

I bought a ghostly infusion for aesthetic but for some reason the ‘Aura’ Only shows up in the PvE world, is this intentional or is it bugged? If it is intentional I’d love to hear the reason why as other cosmetic auras like the bat one are still working in the mists

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I bought a ghostly infusion for aesthetic but for some reason the ‘Aura’ Only shows up in the PvE world, is this intentional or is it bugged? If it is intentional I’d love to hear the reason why as other cosmetic auras like the bat one are still working in the mists

I don’t think it’s a bug — I think there are a lot of effects etc disabled in PvP for various reasons. (Or at least, ANet hasn’t responded to any of the other posts I’ve seen on the same topic.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

The bats aren’t a cosmetic aura…. they’re an entire piece of armor, not an upgrade to a trinket. Since those are disabled in PvP, you won’t see the effect.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

Posted by: Death.7143

Death.7143

yea i just bought mine today hoping it shows up i pvp cuz thats all i do, but it doesn’t. It’s really kinda stupid it wouldn’t but i hope the devs fix it

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

It’s not a bug and is intended. As Anet keeps introducing aura infusions, you could potentially stack like 5+ auras. In pvp that could become an issue with not being able to see telegraphed skills of opponents which puts the opponent at an advantage.

A change they could consider is having the aura on player side only. So nobody else could see it and therefore preventing the issue of aura stacking, but still allowing people who bought the aura infusion to see it.

(edited by Andraus.3874)