Giant in the town of Nageling

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Tyr.1963

Tyr.1963

Q:

This bug has been in since the game got released, and it’s sad. I really want to love Guild Wars 2 but it’s biggest flaw is thakitten ’s so buggy. That’s the only thing that keeps me from continuing to play.

In the town of Nageling in diessa plateau the Giant that attacks needs a serious nerfing, on average he does 1-2 hit kills on players. and 1 hit kills on all npcs. I wouldn’t have a problem with this if his health didn’t heal back up so quickly and that you didn’t always need a minimum of 10 players to kill him. you die so often you likely spend the amount of money you earn from the event and the loot is petty compared to the hour long battle.

This has also been a bug that’s stuck around and needs serious work. Why are all NPC’s dead in the first 2 seconds of any battle? I understand having them not deal much damage. I understand the game is about the player being a hero, but seriously?

Why should I retake this town that’s been attacked by a Giant if there’s no one even alive to occupy it?

(I hit Q&A thinking I could pull up a poll)

Please leave a comment if you also found this bug.

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Hm, I never died a single time when fighting it, and I actually even fought it alone. Just stay ranged, that’s why they gave every class an option to do so. There will be other mobs that onehit glass cannons later once they get in melee range, so better get used to some ranged action.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Tyr.1963

Iruwen, I’ve been to the higher level areas, my main is max level and pretty tanky and still the “unshakable” ability most champions get is ridiculous, as much as I like the concept of it, the execution isn’t quite right. Don’t even tell me the final dungeon isn’t buggy!

I’ve beat the giant several times, but that’s not the point. The point is there’s no satisfaction in the battle really because you spend an hour doing it, assuming you manage to dodge like mad you, you get nothing from beating him really, you get more xp just reviving the town than the battle itself.

This is a serious problem that affects more than just this one boss.

Events were supposed to scale, currently unless you have a really good tank and atleast 3 others you will take an hour to kill him, and likely everyone will die on average 4 times.

You can’t honestly tell me that’s fun.

I don’t mind challenging battles, I enjoy them, but there’s a quality level that needs to be achieved.

Posted by: gemgenie.4560

gemgenie.4560

Tyr – it is possible to take down the giant on your own. I do it frequently when theres noone else about and it certainly doesnt take an hour more like 10-15 minutes.

Keep dodging and dont stand still if hes targeting you and you should be fine.

Iruwen.3164

Only thing I agree with is that he either has way too much health for that area or that the NPCs die way too fast and thus do little to no damage.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Only thing I agree with is that he either has way too much health for that area or that the NPCs die way too fast and thus do little to no damage.

I think they are trying to avoid having NPCs simply completing events on their own. There still seems to be one or two where that is possible.

HP and damage aside, the giant’s shockwave attack seems to have some animation issues. That makes timing the dodge for it a lot more difficult. Either that or the animation and actual attacks are not sync correctly. It could be lag but I find it unlikely that I am lagging every time I fight it and only when fighting the giant.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

That’s not a bug at all. It’s a group event, it isn’t meant to be soloed. That being said, I’ve done it with only two people before, it just takes some well timed dodging and ressing if the other person goes down.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson

Tyr.1963

Again you guys are missing the point, yes it’s a group event. Problem is how do you do a group event now that the amount of players on the servers has dropped so much. Even still before that it was a problem as well.

@the NPC issue – if you just make them stronger and deal less to almost no damage, that issue is solved. The battle feels a lot less epic when you have 2 people trying to battle a giant that easily kills any player who misses a dodge, plus when you have that few you need the NPCs to atleast act as pincushions or else you’re screwed.

Again the reward for killing him is completely not worth the time and effort. Iruwen I don’t see how you can be happy with a chance at maybe a crappy blue. He’s supposed to be a CHAMPION!!!!!!

His drops should be worth something, otherwise why bother killing him other than for the event XP? blues you can get from practically anything.

In addition the horrible balancing allows players to exploit the game by constantly reviving NPC’s for hours. Granted 50 xp will only get you so far, it is none the less still not what you’re supposed to be doing.

(edited by Tyr.1963)

Iruwen.3164

Iruwen I don’t see how you can be happy with a chance at maybe a crappy blue.

Hm, where did I say that? I usually don’t kill him at all unless I’m coincidentially stumbling into that event.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

If you stand directly between its feet and attack it, it will only ever use the stomp and AOE fear, saving the rock and shockwave-line-thing for ranged attackers. I don’t even bother stunbreaking for the fear, only dodging when it tries the stomp.

That said, if it’s healing, AFAIK that is a bug, unless you leave combat. I’ve known it to happen like one time, that as I fought it its health would just go back up during the fight. Not like regen or a skill but just bam, full health. Otherwise I’ve never seen it heal at all, and I think it’s probably as issue causing it to leash repeatedly without even going anywhere.

Posted by: EnemyCrusher.7324

EnemyCrusher.7324

Again you guys are missing the point, yes it’s a group event. Problem is how do you do a group event now that the amount of players on the servers has dropped so much. Even still before that it was a problem as well.

I don’t know about your server, but when I want to fight the giant I usually say “Nageling giant up” in map chat and 5-10 people show up a minute later. You don’t even need those people, like we said it can be killed by one or two skilled players. You also don’t need to fight it; if you don’t think the reward is worth fighting it, then don’t fight it.

Light of Honor [Lite] – Founder / Warmaster
Sorrow’s Furnace Commander
“You’re the mount, karka’s ride you instead, and thus they die happy!”-Colin Johanson