Gift of Blades not seen anywhere?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Hi,

I have purchased the recipe using one toon. Then, I put it in the bank for my other toon with 500 tailor to use.

I consumed the recipe, but I don’t see it anywhere.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I didn’t get the tailor one but the leatherworker and armorsmith one shows up just above the vision crystals.

Make sure you did get the one for tailor.

Posted by: Kavana.8459

Kavana.8459

Have the same problem. Purchased the leatherworker one.

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

I bought and “learned” all 3 Gift of Blades recipes to make sure I had them (and clear inventory space) on the toon I’m using in Lion’s Arch. This toon isn’t a crafter but I thought recipes were account wide. My tailor is the only armor crafter I’ve leveled to 500 so far but the recipe doesn’t appear by the vision crystals or anywhere else on the crafting menu. I hate to think I wasted my time and gold for nothing.

Posted by: Peregryn.6578

Peregryn.6578

@Toby sorry to tell you but recipes are NOT account wide, but only on the character who ‘leaned’ it.

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

Shows you how much I know about crafting, eh? It’s a good thing there’s a wiki with over 26 THOUSAND articles and who knows how many other websites explaining how to play this game. Guess I should have spend some more time studying before actually trying to do something that seems simple. I don’t know how I got the idea that recipes were account-wide. Maybe it’s that a character with no crafting at all can “learn” a recipe that it’s utterly incapable of using might have led me astray.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, the white/green/red text is kind of a clue. And you can buy the recipe with one character and give it to another character to ‘learn’. I suppose that might be confusing. In my first couple of weeks playing, I think I ‘learned’ some recipes on the wrong characters, before I understood how things worked, so it’s not that uncommon. And, indeed, the wiki is great for information!

Posted by: Arc Sevenfold.9072

Arc Sevenfold.9072

I bought and “learned” all 3 Gift of Blades recipes to make sure I had them (and clear inventory space) on the toon I’m using in Lion’s Arch. This toon isn’t a crafter but I thought recipes were account wide. My tailor is the only armor crafter I’ve leveled to 500 so far but the recipe doesn’t appear by the vision crystals or anywhere else on the crafting menu. I hate to think I wasted my time and gold for nothing.

To be fair, recipes have always been soulbound for crafting. It sucks, but if you were unsure you should have looked it up on the wiki.